OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

will gas prices effect your turkey season

Started by pseshooter300, February 23, 2012, 03:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoyt

Not at all. I walk either across the road or behind the house and am on Shawnee National Forest in about 5 minutes. That's where I do all my spring gobbler hunting and deer hunting.

WildTigerTrout

Gas prices won't bother me much as far as hunting goes. I can walk right from my house and be turkey hunting in 5 minutes! Most other places I hunt are within 20 to 30 min. drive.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

HARDCORE

Let me think.......6,500 miles or better (based on the past 5-6 years), spending time in the woods with family and friends, being a part of at least two Alabama limits, and getting them on film.........Priceless!

I say NO, gas prices will not not make a difference, turkey season only comes round one time a year, I'm going all out!   ;)

HC

Flydown

Quote from: Hardcore on February 23, 2012, 10:21:18 PM
Let me think.......6,500 miles or better (based on the past 5-6 years), spending time in the woods with family and friends, being a part of at least two Alabama limits, and getting them on film.........Priceless!

I say NO, gas prices will not not make a difference, turkey season only comes round one time a year, I'm going all out!   ;)

HC

Heck no............ I'm riding with him. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

HARDCORE

Quote from: Flydown on February 23, 2012, 10:30:20 PM
Quote from: Hardcore on February 23, 2012, 10:21:18 PM

HC

Heck no............ I'm riding with him. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

HC

Neill_Prater

Yes, and no. I'm still going to Alabama, but, like last year, I'll drive as little as possible once there. There is a WMA about 40 miles from where I do most of my hunting, and stay with friends, and I wanted to hunt up there a couple of days last year, but when I got to thinking about putting another 100 miles on my Jeep to do so each day, I ended up hunting close to where I stayed the whole 10 days. I also will probably not go to Kansas again this year. It is tough for me to get away, because of owning a mowing business, but if the costs were not so high, I'd probably make time to go, even if it were only for one day at a time.

My Jeep gets a little better mileage than most trucks, but there are better options out there now. Problem is, it is paid for, so there is no way you are going to save enough money on fuel to make payments on a newer vehicle, unless you drive a bunch, which I don't.  

swamp_bird89

Dont think it will hit 5....it's the same story every year.

Kylongspur88

Yes. Doubt I will hunt much more than a few minutes from the house. My truck is paid off and I plan on keeping it, but it is not economical to drive every day. I'm looking at a 4cy as my next vehicle. I hate to say it but we will never see cheap gas again. The price will keep going up and our incomes won't. I don't think I'll see $5 here, but other parts of the country certainly will and some have this past week.

handcannon

It wont affect me at home but the out of state trip I am planning, I'm just gonna fly. I'd love to make the 12 hour drive with my son but It is gonna be a lot cheaper for me to use some of my frequent flyer miles to get up there and then rent a car.

mnturkey

No, I might pay later with a big credit card bill but it will not affect me
SEMPER FI

Rio Fan

No, I don't care what the gas prices are, I'm still going hunting.  Life is too short and hunting spring gobblers is my favorite thing to do.

AndyH

Not at all, I only have to travel 10 mins to where I hunt so it won't hurt me at all

stinkpickle

Screw it!  The youngster will just hafta go to community college.  :D

30_06

It might, working in the RV industry we will see how hard the gas prices effect the business and go from there.

turkey slayer

Quote from: Rio Fan on February 24, 2012, 02:25:12 PM
No, I don't care what the gas prices are, I'm still going hunting.  Life is too short and hunting spring gobblers is my favorite thing to do.
:agreed: