turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

will gas prices effect your turkey season

Started by pseshooter300, February 23, 2012, 03:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

I do alot of driving. It's gonna hurt for sure. I'll do more sleep overs.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

rempumpman

I will be honest, it will hit hard for me but will find a way to hunt no matter what is going on; my trip to N Missouri is a 6 hr drive but will make it and be thankful...............rem
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

FttFttVroom!

Not gonna bother me in the least.  I'll ride a bicycle if I have to! :bike2:

VA_Birdhunter

Lord willing it won't...every year I get to step in the woods in the spring is a true blessing and I believe this yer won't be no different!!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

longspur

Most of my hunting is local within 25 miles. It'll cost more but won't change my hunting plans

Flydown

Quote from: stinkpickle on February 24, 2012, 03:55:26 PM
Screw it!  The youngster will just hafta go to community college.  :D

Heck yea, Mike Honcho turned out alright!  :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock:

CASH

Still gonna go, but the back seat of my truck is gonna get a lot of use.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Jay

NO!! I'm 64, and on the tail end of my hunting. I'll find the money somehow.

Barry Keicks

gas it supposed to hit $6+ a gallon up here in Canada. That being said it will mean the bass boat stays in the driveway but I will not cut back on my hunting.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: CASH on February 26, 2012, 05:14:38 AM

Brokeback turkey hunter???!!

Haha, I had to Cash!

CASH

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on February 26, 2012, 07:34:04 AM
Quote from: CASH on February 26, 2012, 05:14:38 AM

Brokeback turkey hunter???!!

Haha, I had to Cash!

Haha. (dripping with sarcasm)
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

BigJim

Quote from: pseshooter300 on February 23, 2012, 03:17:39 PM
Will gas prices have a effect with your turkey season this year. Suppose to hit $5 by summer. I half to drive a hour one way to both my farms starting to plan for it now should have planned months ago

I drive 2 1/2 hrs. to Turkey hunt. I still plan on being there even if I have to drive my wife's Toyota Corolla.

Philippe

I had to let go of a very nice lease i had that was holding alot of birds that was a 3 hour drive for me, got another one that is an hour from the house but it will be a gamble.

RutnNStrutn

Its gonna be painful, but I'll tough it out. Not gonna let it ruin my season. :fud: :OGturkeyhead: