OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Possible banners for the winning team.

Started by drenalinld, January 11, 2012, 10:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drenalinld

This is my first attempt for a banner. With some pics with similar backgrounds it might have potential. What do you think?

savduck

Cool, that similar to what I had envisioned. Maybe get a picture of one of Van Heldens trumpets on there. That would be a trumpet from all the guys on the team.

Maybe next season we have team members with their dead turkeys and trumpets in the picture.
Georgia Boy

drenalinld

I agree, Del. Remember to take trophy pics with trumpets this Spring. Here another banner idea from Van. Please share ideas or suggestions.

VanHelden Game Calls

I contacted Sharron in hopes of some clarification.

The top banner looks good and I could work and tweak it if you wished. I have access to pretty much any program at work.  But I question the size of it and that will play BIG in how it will look. 

For reference my banner would be your typical banner.  The larger standard banner would be 30% taller.  You could see on such a narrow banner how pictures would be impossible to see.

I have another thought getting the idea from Roaring 20's.  Plain backround, classy type and a trumpet image in the corner. 

Lets see what size we have to work with.

savduck

Last year the banners were larger than both of these. Guess shannon is shrinking them down.

I really do like both banners. I really like Davids. I think that format would show off the work of the guys on the team. David you may want to tinker with the color of the lettering. The black looks good, but its tough to see in the smaller banner.

The roaring 20s banner is COOL.....but they do have a lion in the corner. not sure if the trumpet will give it the same affect. Now if someone could come up with a cartoon piped piper running a trumpet with some carton gobblers in tow.....that would be cool.
Georgia Boy

VanHelden Game Calls

Funny.

I also like the clean look of Drenalin's.  I am working with that concept know, and think I have a better banner then my first.  I am holding off on the pics until I find out what the size is.  We do so much with a larger canvas.

Sounds like last year there were problems with bandwith and loading so I am curious what the new size will be.  Like I said a small banner will not show much and even roaring 20's will suffer.

drenalinld

It looks to me like Shannon has already sized the banner for the Roaring 20's. I bet that will be the size. Here is another idea I tried. I don't have good software, but you get the idea.

cannonball

Quote from: drenalinld on January 11, 2012, 10:52:27 AM
This is my first attempt for a banner. With some pics with similar backgrounds it might have potential. What do you think?

This is nice, it would be perfect if the text were a little easier to see. I realize it's difficult with the size restrictions of the banners.

VanHelden Game Calls

Here is my latest.  I got word to make the banner the size of the roaring 20's so I did.

I played with a few things but seems simpler the better.  But drenalin's looks nice as well if he want to just brighten the type.

And of course if anyone has a nice pic I am happy to place it in my banner.

or

VanHelden Game Calls

Another thought since we are hosting our own banners.

1- Keep the type font and layout the same.
2- But I can change out the background photo to each members prized trumpet.  It will have the same feel but personalized at the same time.  This way we all get to show off :z-guntootsmiley:
3- And I could add a small brand name/logo at the bottom identifying the maker.(It would be very subtle but there.)  We'll look like a Nascar :TooFunny:

Requirements
1. Think about the darkness of picture so the type shows well.
2. You would need a photobucket type hosting site. ( would need that for contest anyhow)

Thoughts?

VanHelden Game Calls

We should get this voted on so we can post them.

I like my idea of individual banner photos and brand with common Text.

TRKYHTR

Quote from: VanHelden Game Calls on January 12, 2012, 09:46:28 PM
We should get this voted on so we can post them.

I like my idea of individual banner photos and brand with common Text.

I do to. Maybe we can have the picture of the call that you will be using. Some don't have a call company but they should have a trumpet they are going to use if they are on the Trumpet Thumpers. Just a thought.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

cannonball

These banners are looking better and better. I say we run with the last one.

VanHelden Game Calls

Exactly what I was thinking.  You can place any trumpet you desire in the background, whether you built it, you bought it, or stole it  don't care :D

If this is the way we go all you need to do would be to place a pic in this thread(I can steal it easy enough) or email it to me with any info such as maker/logo.  PM for my email though.

VanHelden Game Calls

So am I assuming this is the direction we are going?

I hope I did not step on toes but this format should work well. Without being able to use animated banners the design was limited and pics small.  Now we get detailed pics and if we all post in succession it will create a flash banner ;D

Gitzit you have a company name/logo you want place in it?