OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Possible banners for the winning team.

Started by drenalinld, January 11, 2012, 10:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basser69

Quote from: VanHelden Game Calls on January 12, 2012, 10:55:12 PM
Exactly what I was thinking.  You can place any trumpet you desire in the background, whether you built it, you bought it, or stole it  don't care :D

I am liking this idea also  :icon_thumright:

maustypsu

I am open to whatever people agree to disagree on.

Every idea and banner I've seen is better than anything I could come up with on my own.

VanHelden Game Calls

Well I whipped up gitzit.  If we are going to change this let me know so I do not continue.
Gitzit you should be able to
1. right click view image,
2. bottom of box "view image info",
3. then copy and paste "location",
4. you can enter this in your profile followed with [/IMG] You need to enter the bracketed [/IMG] after the jpg for it to post.

VanHelden Game Calls

If there are no objections post the pcs and info like gitzit.  If you don;t have a pic google for one or just follow the posting procedure and use 1 thats already made.

savduck

Fellas, I think that is pretty cool, but I think  the rules are meant to have 1 main team banner, not 12 individual banners. See if you can get one trumpet  picture from Gizit, Trkyhtr, Brian Mero, Van helden, and Basser69 on one main banner. The banner represents the whole team, but at the same time shows off the beautiful work of some of our teammates. I want you guys to be able to show off your work, but we need one banner for unity of the team.

I like this font, and the camo back ground with the feather. Maybe you could get the trumpet pictures and shrink the pictures down and randomly place  them on the banner.

Id be all for ordering some camo hats or vest patches once we get it put together.
Georgia Boy

VanHelden Game Calls

I was hoping the common picture orientation and large type would be enough to unify the banners.  Maybe not?

Not sure there are any "rules" to follow.  I don't believe this would take up any more space on OG servers then the same image linked a dozen times.

But I am willing to change if that's what needs to be done.  Either way pics are necessary to design further.

savduck

Lets stick with one banner for unity.  Really the only prize in this contest is pride of winning for your team, so I think the one banner would do that the best. I plan on winning this thing. We are the founding members of this team, and there are only 12 of us. Id like to see one banner so we can all have one  that belongs to this one team. We can look into making a hat or patch for the vest....and it will be the one and only. Im proud to be teammates with you gents and Id like to have symbol to commerate that.

Ill shoot the guys a PM to get their trumpet pics  over to you so we can wrap it up.

PS,

You and Drenilinld  have been putting up some nice banner work. Thanks for taking your personal time to get it done.
Georgia Boy

Basser69

Del, I was liking the idea of the individual trumpets or tube calls but if one trumpet is what you want I am sure we can agree on something. If we can go different here is my pic.

VanHelden Game Calls

Place your pics on this thread.  I will work the banner up this weekend.  By Sunday we will have a banner.

I will take what drenalin did and work his concept further. 

Now my thought here.  But we will be limited to picture space.  Definitely not enough for 12 trumpets.  So what to do?  Do we use makers trumpets from the team first before filling in with other pics?

savduck

There are 5 of you guys on this team that make trumpets, Lyle makes tubes. The other 6 of us dont make calls.

I was thinking that you take your newest banner with the yellow font and the feather and camo and put 5 trumpets and a tube.

The trumpets and tubes would represent what our team is, but the 5 trumpets and tube represent you 6 call makers.  1 for each of you.

I wasnt envisioning 12 trumpets. Just one team banner with our name and the 6 calls made by you guys.

It is a democracy though, so shoot Shannon a PM and if he is cool with it, ill put up a poll. If majority wants individual banners then so be it.
Georgia Boy

VanHelden Game Calls

I contacted OG to see what they prefer.

After I get word I will let you know.

I will work on another banner in case.  I understand why you want a true banner/logo as the founder of the team to carry it year to year.

Give me a couple days guys.  But please post pics if you want to be included in the banner.

TRKYHTR

I'll post a pic tomorrow. I got a trumpet that is drying that I want to take a picture of.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Basser69

Not happy with my pic and it will get redone in the morning

maustypsu

Quote from: TRKYHTR on January 13, 2012, 10:12:50 PM
I'll post a pic tomorrow. I got a trumpet that is drying that I want to take a picture of.

TRKYHTR

You made that Amboyna Burl call.  I will likely take that hunting on opening day. 

I think we should do the six calls made by our members.  Assuming that can showcase the calls yet still represent the whole team.

TRKYHTR

Quote from: maustypsu on January 13, 2012, 11:24:57 PM
Quote from: TRKYHTR on January 13, 2012, 10:12:50 PM

TRKYHTR

You made that Amboyna Burl call.  I will likely take that hunting on opening day. 

I think we should do the six calls made by our members.  Assuming that can showcase the calls yet still represent the whole team.

Yep the sister to your call is drying. I want to take a picture of it tomorrow. I called on it before I even glued it and it sounded great.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck