OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

who has quit chewing tobacco?

Started by socalturkeyman, August 04, 2011, 09:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalturkeyman

I just ordered some mint leaf chew to help me quit and was wondering if any one has tryed the stuff? The one I bought was the Jakes mint chew. I've been a bit freaked out about chewing but its kinda hard to just stop.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

ILIKEHEVI-13

I have been dip free now for I believe almost 4 or 5 yrs now.  I dipped for 29yrs I believe. 

Hognutz

I quit a 12 tin a week Copenhegan habit 22 years ago. It was harder than quiting the cigarettes, by far. Stay tough. It can be done..Good luck, my friend..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

gobbler74

mE!  :icon_thumright:  :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:

been on Tobacco for about 21 years. Laid it down 3 months ago or so..
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

oatsj

I quit about 7 years ago it was hard. but I had an incentive heart surgery I do believe that the chew help cause my problem. Sooooo My advice to you is QUIT .

LX_Trkyhntr

I haven't had any in almost 10 months!  You can do it!!
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

Kylongspur88

I quit for 2 years, started back after my first year of law school, have quit again now for 2 months. Hope I can hold out for my last year. I like the smokey mountain snuff. Jakes is good too. After the first 2 weeks it got a lot better. Good Luck you can do it.

drenalinld

Congratulations guys! You can do it!! :z-winnersmiley:

clarksvalley

the last pinch of copenhegan was three years ago.cold turkey was the only thing that worked for me.hang in there it will get easier,its just getting past those first couple of weeks.

socalturkeyman

Im goin crazy lol but I really dont want to give in. I need to quit and Im going to just need a lil help for a lil while and Im sure I'll be able to break the habit. Thanks guys you made me feel alot better that Im not the only one struggling, and congrats to those who have gone through the struggle.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

lightsoutcalls

I quit not long after I started.  I tried a chunk of a plug as an early teenager, and swallowed some of the juice...   :-X    

Congratulations to those of you who have beaten the habit.  I know it is tough.  My dad chewed Red Man for years.  The Dr. and my mom gave him an ultimatum.  He became a die hard bubble gum chewer for a few years after that.   :)
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Ol'Mossy

Quote from: Hognutz on August 04, 2011, 12:19:48 PM
It was harder than quiting the cigarettes, by far.

I hear that one.

I quit 9 years ago, it took awhile to quit but I did it. I chewed Red Man for 35 years.

Preacher

I quit some years back,  it was hard, but well worth,   I kept a peach seed in my mouth and chewed a lot of gum.    Hang tuff,  you can do it. :whip2:
Romans 8:37

gotcha

I quit the same day I started.Good luck with it Bud.

spaightlabs

Quittin's easy - I've quit dozens of times.