turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

who has quit chewing tobacco?

Started by socalturkeyman, August 04, 2011, 09:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chcltlabz

I quit the easy way, developed a stomach ulcer and acid reflux.  Sudden development of a stomach/throat issue will scare you bad enough to quit, that's for sure.  Can't say I've seriously considered going back to it, but yeah, I miss it sometimes.

It was a distraction more than anything and sometimes you just need something to distract you.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

jim67

Im not gonna lie.I dip one can of Copenhegan every 2 days after supper only. I cant touch the stuff till after supper.Once last year I took a pouch of Lancaster on a morning bow hunt, settled in my stand and took a chew,got dizzy as hell and almost puked. No,I cant touch any of it in the mornings.I wish I wanted to quit, but I dont yet. Im just glad I cant do it all day and when I do it I only keep it in for around 15-30 min. Good luck to quitting and glad the rest of you were able to beat it.

Kylongspur88

I've quit twice. Just put it down and walk away. First few weeks suck but it gets easier.

Limbstrutter

I've been using for 23 years and two months ago I quit cold turkey . The first two weeks I don't think I slept a good 4 hours a night , lol  It's been the hardest thing I have ever done . Lol
Hang in there we'll all get through this one day at a time . I can say this now I need to try to control my eating . If its not one thing its another . Lol
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

OLE RASPY

I started back dunno why but i did. :(

WildSpur

I quit cold turkey on Labor Day 1998.

I chose Labor Day because it is an easy day to remember.  When in doubt, pick a special day to remember like an anniversary, birthday, etc.

Cluck more, yelp less

ILIKEHEVI-13

I know there are some more here that are wanting to quit, but just need to make the final commitment to do so.  If I can do it after 29yrs which was way too long by the way, so can you.  All it takes is will power.  And don't think you can, know you can. 

earlybird

I've chewed Red Man for going on 31 yrs now and i've quit several times now,but as many of you have said,its very hard to do.I know i can but just having the willpower to do it is so tough.Maybe one of these days it will happen.Good luck to those that have quit and i hope you can stick to it.

jayjay

After 15 years of chewing Kodiak, and many failed attempts at quitting. I finally beat it and havent had a dip in 3 years. My boss at the time and I had made a new years bet.....1st one to start chewing again will send a $50 cabelas card through company mail to the other. Not a word spoken, that is it. Neither one of us has chewed since

catdaddy

Quit chewing tobacco is easy ---- I do it all the time.