OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

who has quit chewing tobacco?

Started by socalturkeyman, August 04, 2011, 09:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLE RASPY

TnTurk

I quit dipping the day before Memorial Day of this year thanks in part to Ole Raspy and the encouragement he received from many of you on this board. It was hard to kick a 27 year habit, but I DID IT!!!  There are still some times when the craving hits me, but I'm determined to stay strong. It does get easier with time, you just have to break the cycle and keep your mind busy with other things besides your craving. You can do it. Good Luck.
 -Sounds like we need to start a tobacco free support group on here  ;D)

Kywoodsman

This time a year and a half a go I was going through a can and a half a day. Proud to say I'm dip free now.

ChiefBubba

I quit a 2 1/2 can a day habit of Copenhagen 10 years ago. I had dipped for 28 years. I did use the fake stuff but the only way I could do it was I mixed them for a few weeks and just kept mixing less and less as the weeks went by until I was just using the fake. That way wasn't too hard. Hang it there it's well worth quitting, Chief.

honker22

I haven't had a dip in 2.5 weeks now.  I have chewed a ton of sunflower seeds and fireballs.  I've been dipping for about 8-9 years now.  I've quit for long periods of time before, but I always find an excuse to start again.

I finally got tired of the inside of my lips peeling off every morning.  I figured that couldn't be good for me.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

West Augusta

Used Skoal and Wintergreen TimberWolf for 25 years.  I have been off of it for 5 years.  I still have cravings.  I use IceBreaker Peppermints when it gets bad. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

BOFF

:happy0064: :happy0064: :happy0064:

Good job gentlemen!!

It's not easy, but when YOU decide YOU want to quit, it can be done.  :icon_thumright:

God Bless,
David B.

BOFF

How's everyone doing these days.

Good I pray!!!  Keep it up!!!

God Bless,
David B.

honker22

People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

renegade19

It can be done.  I chewed pretty hard core for close to 20 years.  Quit cold turkey 7 or 8 years ago.  Good luck to you all !

West Augusta

I still want it but I don't need it.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

socalturkeyman

I got my mint leaf stuff yesterday and woke up this morning not even thinking about it really. Unlike the past when soon as I woke up I'd have a dip.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

Kylongspur88

Quote from: socalturkeyman on August 09, 2011, 04:52:54 PM
I got my mint leaf stuff yesterday and woke up this morning not even thinking about it really. Unlike the past when soon as I woke up I'd have a dip.
The fake stuff lasts me forever, but I'm glad i have it when that urge hits

BOFF

:happy0064: :happy0064:

Great to read gentlemen!!

Keep at it!!

God Bless,

econo

where you get the fake mint stuff?
May God bless you all