OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which Auto?

Started by GunRunner, July 30, 2011, 04:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBSS

I like the 3" vinci to held.one at basspro.I actually like the looks something different fit me good to but I just bought a atv so I can't afford it

ctwny1

Go with the Browning "Maxus". Great trouble free gun.

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

stinkpickle

Just wait for a civilian version of the AA12 to come out.  ;)

gobbler74

Look at the autos that have been out awhile and used long enough to prove their reliability. It seems every new gun that hits the market has its quirks to work out.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

redleg06

I've had a SBE2,   Browning Gold and Beretta Extrema 2 and if my house burned down today and I lost them all and had to start over I would have the Extrema 2 in a heart beat....no doubt.

I like the way the Benelli feels the best but the most reliable (and this is just from my personal experience) is that the Extrema is the most reliable and has given me the fewest problems. 

Keep in mind that I am a waterfowl guy in addition to turkey hunting so that factors into my equation and I actually shoot a 870 shurshot for my turkey rig but if I had to start over and only had one shotgun out of all the ones I own, it would be the Extrema 2 with the SBE being a close second.

LBSS

Why get a stoeger when you can get the Beretta 3901 for 50$ cheaper.  There going for 599$ locally stoeger is close to 700$ .

savduck

Quote from: redleg06 on August 24, 2011, 04:12:39 PM
I've had a SBE2,   Browning Gold and Beretta Extrema 2 and if my house burned down today and I lost them all and had to start over I would have the Extrema 2 in a heart beat....no doubt.

I like the way the Benelli feels the best but the most reliable (and this is just from my personal experience) is that the Extrema is the most reliable and has given me the fewest problems. 

Keep in mind that I am a waterfowl guy in addition to turkey hunting so that factors into my equation and I actually shoot a 870 shurshot for my turkey rig but if I had to start over and only had one shotgun out of all the ones I own, it would be the Extrema 2 with the SBE being a close second.

X2.......love my Berettas....got rid of my Benellis to get more berettas
Georgia Boy

paradis1142

All of the newer guns from the big boys should provide good service.  That being said I would like to try a 11-87,  but Im a remington kind of guy.

gobblingghost

The benelli, stoeger and franchi all work on a similar recoil system. Which one is the best I don't know. I have an older SBE.

Crutch

Any gun will or can be made to work. Picked up an M 1 Super 90 for 700 and wouldn't part with it.  Would really like to own a versa max but wouldn't trade the benelli for one. My 1100 took 17 birds in 3 years on 2 3/4 shells. My hitting improved with the benelli on rabbits because it fits me for some reason. If I had to have a gun for turkey only, I would probably pick up a used 870.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

gob09

the remington versa max is an awesome gun... but dang the price is just too high

WildTigerTrout

I own the "Original" Benelli Super Black Eagle. I bought it 7 or 8 years ago just for Turkey hunting. I  picked the Benelli because IMHO it's the best autoloader on the market. I don't regret it. All the other auto's on the market IMO fall short. It's the best plain and simple! The Gobbler in my avatar was bagged last spring with the Benelli. I killed him with one shot at 53 paces! ;D
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

teke

If your going to shoot 3 1/2" shell's better look at the SX3..Cycles them all and reduces felt recoil.