OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Unicoi Loot!!!

Started by ChesterCopperpot, January 12, 2024, 11:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobbler428

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on January 14, 2024, 10:01:14 AM
Quote from: Gobbler428 on January 14, 2024, 09:14:41 AM

As far as my loot is concerned, I didn't purchase much but what I got taped me out and I really like both of them a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like one from Ant and one from Seth, and I bet they're both players. Love the extra details like the inserts on that X trumpet especially.

Your right on both and my photography skills don't do either call justice. The Anthony call is ABW and Desert Ironwood Burl with a copper lock up MP trimmed in Walrus tusk. I really like Ant's new lock up lip stop. The Seth call is Brazilian Rosewood with a Mammoth Ivory MP,

Sorry to hear that you were sick and couldn't make it this year and I hope you are on the mend and feeling much better.

nitro

Very nice.

I made the trip on Friday. Weather made for a sporty drive. Got to catch up with some friends. Had a great meal at Mully's. Looked like the crowd was good on Saturday. Hope the call makers sold a bunch. Some beautiful calls for sure.
Royal Slam 2008

turkey stew

Thanks gentlemen for posting those mighty fine callers! Congrats.

Prohunter3509

Met a gentleman there by the name of Daniel henerly lives in that area
Forgot to get contact info. From him.  Daniel if you see this p.m. please great guy. He bought a prudomme trumpet it was nice

zelmo1

That's quite a haul, congrats bro. Z

moonshine

Got a badass "dope smoker" trumpet from my man Ant Ellis, Osage pot from my homie Lonzo, another badass trumpet from Jeff Hollis, custom turkey track coffee mug made by Erin Dorsey, both of Michael Simpson's books and great memories to add to the bank. 

Oh yeah, I got to send my buddy a "get well soon" picture with Ant too!  Now, where did I put that turkey sack wallet leather...
www.facebook.com/moonshineleatherworks
www.instagram.com/moonshineleatherworks

EZ

Quote from: davisd9 on January 13, 2024, 07:32:03 PM
Lots of great calls and even got a few myself. The calls are great but the camaraderie is what makes it special. Got to meet a couple friends I have been in a group text for years. Got to meet guys I speak over the phone with. See old friends and meet new ones. Was blessed that Mr. Danny Ellis had some of his collection there and he allowed me to play the original Henry Davis and Charles Jordan calls. Also ran an Archibald Rutledge box call. Mr. Dave Cirincione had a beautiful Billy Buice Dial Tone that was a great call, plus many other great calls. Just a great time all the way around!

That made my weekend also. I almost was embarrassed to ask to run those, but Mr. Ellis had no problem with it at all. Lot of historic calls on the table.

mountainhunter1

Quote from: Gobbler428 on January 14, 2024, 09:14:41 AM
This was my first time attending Unicoi and it is as good as everyone says. Got there late Thursday afternoon and there were already a lot of folks there. I got to meet and speak with many of the best Callmakers in the world, many of whom I have text with or spoken to in the past but nothing beats being able to meet and talk to them in person. That
alone is worth the price of admission. I also was able to meet and speak with several guys I have spoken to,text with and bought calls etc. from here on OG. It was really great to be able to put a name with a face. With all the negative issues going on in our country and the world it was  fantastic to be around so many positive, like minded,really great people. As far as my loot is concerned, I didn't purchase much but what I got taped me out and I really like both of them a lot.

I played that Anthony Ellis horn that you got and it was a player no doubt as well as a thing of beauty to look at.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

mountainhunter1

I got a Delrin .45, and a Delrin Classic from Mr. Ralph, a Chechen Trumpet from Todd Black, an African blackwood XT from AGE, and an Ebony/Osage laminate green slate pot from Lon Trice. And as usual, made a raid on Mrs. Glenda's table for some needed stuff.

Hanging out for a bit with Mr. Dan Harris from Texas was once again a real treat. A big thanks to Beard and Hooks and Bwhana and his buddy Dan and all the rest for a great time. I found everyone from off of here that I had hoped to meet up with except for Mr. Neil (310 Gauge). If you see this Mr. Neil, I am sorry that we did not catch up with each other at the show. I hope we get a chance to do so at a later date.

Really grateful to get the calls from Mr. Ralph Permar and Anthony Ellis. And just a heads up - if you have not tried a Trumpet from Todd Black - they will almost play themselves and they are a real unique design. I can get you in touch with him if you want to try one if you will private message me.

"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Tomtom97

My loot from the call show!

KP Macassar ebony
AGE African black wood

davisd9

Quote from: Tomtom97 on January 15, 2024, 08:41:37 AM

KP Macassar ebony
AGE African black wood

Beautiful calls! Those KPs flew off the table.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Beards and Hooks

Here's Mountainhunter1s calls

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

PharmHunter

Great show and folks, as always.  Spent way more money than planned, as always.  Had the opportunity to grab a few calls I'd been wanting for a while and catch up with some fine fellas.  I didn't take a pic of my haul.  We didn't stick around long but had a great time. 

Now on to Nashville and the countdown is really on to Spring!

Lcmacd 58

Thnx for starting this thread ..... i had intentions of going but got sidelined taking my GF's grandson on a pheasant hunt. Sure would like to hear more from everyone that went.

PharmHunter

Quote from: Tomtom97 on January 15, 2024, 08:41:37 AM

KP Macassar ebony
AGE African black wood

I ran that Macassar Ebony KP or one just like it, and it almost came home with me but I wanted and went with a Pink Ivory to match a Prudhomme and Buice I have.  You got a good one for sure!