Previous topic - Next topic

Tomtom97

Quote from: davisd9 on January 15, 2024, 08:50:35 AM
Quote from: Tomtom97 on January 15, 2024, 08:41:37 AM
My loot from the call show!

KP Macassar ebony
AGE African black wood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful calls! Those KPs flew off the table.
You ain't kidding!

davisd9

Bought trumpets from Kenny Pedelahore and Mike Battey. The Battey trumpet was an impulse buy. It is a very good call but not sure if I am going to keep it or not. Family came with me this year and we reserved the same cabin for next year.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

bwhana

Here are the calls I was fortunate to get.  More importantly, the opportunity to meet all the call makers and learn is worth the trip alone. They are all fine people.  I am extra grateful for the extra time spent with Anthony Ellis, Dan Harris, Steve Mann, Marvin Breedlove, and Tim Bullock this year.

Also a shoutout to a great guy 
mountainhunter1.  So glad we finally got to meet in person and hang out at the show. Enjoyed meeting Beards and Hooks too. These GA and PA boys are hell on turkeys and know their calls!

My calls are an XT in bocote and a scratch box in kingwood from Anthony, one of the first trumpets ever offered by Mr. Dan in ironwood (one of the most underrated / lesser known call makers on here), and an African teak and walnut Old Hen box from Mr. Mann.

mountainhunter1

Quote from: bwhana on January 15, 2024, 09:55:29 PM
Here are the calls I was fortunate to get.  More importantly, the opportunity to meet all the call makers and learn is worth the trip alone. They are all fine people.  I am extra grateful for the extra time spent with Anthony Ellis, Dan Harris, Steve Mann, Marvin Breedlove, and Tim Bullock this year.

Also a shoutout to a great guy 
mountainhunter1.  So glad we finally got to meet in person and hang out at the show. Enjoyed meeting Beards and Hooks too. These GA and PA boys are hell on turkeys and know their calls!

My calls are an XT in bocote and a scratch box in kingwood from Anthony, one of the first trumpets ever offered by Mr. Dan in ironwood (one of the most underrated / lesser known call makers on here), and an African teak and walnut Old Hen box from Mr. Mann.

We are just thankful that you let us hang out with Dan and yourself. You guys made our day. And you did as well on what you got as anyone. That Becote is a jewel - and I totally agree that Mr. DHarris is the man. Maybe my favorite each year to talk with at Unicoi. That DI trumpet you got from him was all turkey.

"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Beards and Hooks

Made the trip down to Unicoi for my second consecutive year, and it was a blast, hung out with my buddy Matt (Mountainhunter1) and got to meet bwhana and his buddy Dan, nice meeting you fellas!
  I am going to try an run down the guys I met and spent a little time with, Lee Smith and James Witmer are local friends here in Pennsylvania. James had some awesome pot calls on the table and Lees boxes are top notch! I have a box in the works and about to be from each, so I'm excited because they make outstanding calls!
  Talked to Steve Mann and got a sweet montouchie/mineral poplar from him, good guy and makes great boxes and he is always fun to chat with. Stopped by Jeff Mckameys table and got an awesome bloodwood/mineral poplar long box from him and chatted a bit. A nice treat was talking to Steve Torman (West Augusta) on here, I have two of his strikers that I really like. Hit Lamars table and picked up three boxes one for my buddy on here and two for me, 2 walnut/butternuts and a walnut/mahogany. Lamar   
is a nice down to earth guy that makes amazing boxcalls and it's always a pleasure talking to him.
   Met TJ Johnson and picked up two smokers one for me one and one for a buddy Sycamore/servic seeeberry and a cedar/serviceberry. TJ is a super nice guy and makes awesome boxes and it was nice to meet him for the first time. Talked to Mr. Irving Whitt for a bit to thank him for some boxes that I got from him recently and met his wife who makes call box sacks, two very nice people. Talked. to Tony Quarino for awhile and ran some of his boxes which ran real nice, he is always fun to chat with. Met Mr Moye Howard and got a chance to. thank him for a sweet Trumpet I got in the Veterans give away on here, beautiful call that sounds great, I just have to learn to play it alot better. Got to meet Jeff Lacey who makes some nice boxes and is a nice guy.  Met Larry Stephens and his wife, super nice people to talk too and I got a walnut/cedar half box and a cedar/spalted magnolia long box that are awesome. Larry showed me how to play his long box as well which I greatly appreciated.
  Got to meet Mr. Bob Harwell which I have two fabulous boxes from and shake his hand and talked to Wendell Lancaster, two very nice Southern Gentleman. Got too meet Shawn Irish and Tim Bullock, two very nice callmakers and ran a few of Tims boxes which were fabulous. Said hello to a neighbor, more or less down there Jason Rohrer. I got to stop by Ralph Snodgrass table and picked up a sweet mini box which is  tamarind over Alaskan yellow cedar and alaskan yellow cedar/Osage longbox  that sounds amazing. Ralph is a real nice guy that makes killers and tried to teach me a bit and invited me too his shop which is within an hour or so from me. I stopped by Dan Harris's and got a cedar purrfect hen for my buddy, it is an excellent soft talker and he is a fun gentleman to chat with.
  Stopped by and seen Marlin and picked up a mora/mahogany long box that is amazing. Marlin is a super nice guy as well. I also talked to Paul Durham and played his pots and box calls which were killers, I might be contacting him shortly for a box if he has time. Talked to Thomas Jameson and Steve Brown. Sorry for the long post guys, just super excited about my trip and all the people I met. that I didn't forget anyone.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

3bailey3

turkey stew

Thank you gentlemen for posting your awesome purchases! Hopefully I will be able to attend next year.

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: turkey stew on January 16, 2024, 02:31:21 PM
Thank you gentlemen for posting your awesome purchases! Hopefully I will be able to attend next year.
Highly recommended, awesome show and everyone is so darn nice.

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: 3bailey3 on January 16, 2024, 02:04:55 PM
Wow! Nice boxes!
Thanks Bailey, I had planned on behaving and getting less but the closer it got the more the wanted grew

Zobo

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on January 16, 2024, 04:33:57 PM
Quote from: 3bailey3 on January 16, 2024, 02:04:55 PM
Wow! Nice boxes!
Thanks Bailey, I had planned on behaving and getting less but the closer it got the more the wanted grew

Wow, really beautiful calls, you have good taste sir!  :icon_thumright:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

West Augusta

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on January 14, 2024, 10:01:14 AM
Quote from: Gobbler428 on January 14, 2024, 09:14:41 AM

As far as my loot is concerned, I didn't purchase much but what I got taped me out and I really like both of them a lot.

Looks like one from Ant and one from Seth, and I bet they're both players. Love the extra details like the inserts on that X trumpet especially.

Anthony has really stepped up his trumpet game.  Love the mouthpiece and lip stop design.
He's really thinking.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: Tomtom97 on January 15, 2024, 08:41:37 AM
My loot from the call show!

KP Macassar ebony
AGE African black wood

Those I would have gravitated to.

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

capecodmike

The male shoe store.  I am going to have to go to this show once before I go to the big roost in the sky. 

My brothers been.  Says it worth it.  After seeing some of the inventory I'd agree.  Congrats to all the makers and buyers.

Looks it was successful for many.