OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Did you miss any gobblers this year?

Started by WyoHunter, July 06, 2011, 07:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any misses this year?

4 or more

kdog

I missed one in between 40-45 yds.... Was set up in the woods and there was plenty of foliage up and the bird I was working was in the field next to the wood lot I was in.I had a small window to the field to shoot to the field and that's exactly where he gave me a shot.Put the sights on him and pulled the trigger but he flew away and only left a few feathers behind.

That was before I found Hevi-shot.I truly believe I woulda killed that bird if I was shooting HS and not lead.I passed up the same bird 2 days later because I felt he was out of range and didn't have the confidence at a 40yd shot and let him walk.

But I did take 2 other birds that were within 30 yds.
So officially 2 for 3.

turkey slayer

Basser69

I shot at 1 bird this year and killed 1. Spent the rest of the year trying to get the kids on birds.

BHMTitan

Took 7 shots this year... brought home 8 nice gobblers.  Yep, one shot was a double!

Luke95

Yep 1 at 50 yds clean miss but killed him second try at 22 yards

Luke95
Sumtoy Get Choked

neal

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Cove

Nope. 13 for 13 this year.... I hope to keep it that way but we all know if you keep shooting at them it'll happen again.

lightsoutcalls

No misses, no shots taken.  Didn't get the chance to hunt KS or OK this year... not enough time or money.

I did get the privelege of calling in a bird for a great young lady this year, so it was definitely not a total loss.   :icon_thumright:
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

longspur

I missed one up close. First year with super tight choke. Lesson learned. Then I shot too far thinking the H13 was magic. Lesson learned. Said I would open it up and go back to lead, but I won't. It was said that these setups were not for the inexperienced, well now I have some experience. If I miss another next year I'll have some more experience. It won't be because I shot too far. I just don't know weather to buy shells now or see what comes out next year.

FireDoc

I had never missed before this year. Then I missed twice.  :begging:

Ugh. It still hurts to type that even.  :TooFunny:
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

OLE RASPY

Kywoodsman

2 out of 2 this year. Now if I could just get that kind of results every year.

chipper

Missed one opening day, went 4 outta 5

mdtkyhntr

Missed my 2nd and 3rd birds since begining to hunt turkeys! I sure hate to miss, and hate it even more when I miss twice in the same season.

deerhunt1988

Missed 1 out of 6. Come to find out the rifled sights on my shotgun have different points of impact between my dad and I. And that POI differs a large amount between 40 and 47 yards. Should have known something was up after I didn't get but just a few pellets in the first bird of the season.