OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Did you miss any gobblers this year?

Started by WyoHunter, July 06, 2011, 07:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any misses this year?

4 or more

WyoHunter

It's time to come clean with your shooting results this past spring season. Be honest and truthful.  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

njdevilsb

davisd9

2 for 3 this year.  I rushed the shot on opening morning jerking the gun and clean missing one.  Had to laugh cause if I did not do that I might have cried.  :)
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

ONLY missed 1, but I shot at it twice.

drenalinld

I shot one of three longbeards and and attempted to kill a 2nd while leaving and missed cleanly twice. I made two very poor shots on a different longbeard breaking a wing with each shot. He was standing at 30 yds but I killed him. UGHHH. I made one more awful shot at 25 yards putting just enough pellets in the head to knock him down so I could get a foot on his neck. Terrible!

I did make some good shots as well and two with a bow.

WiLL B

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

bbcoach

I was TRULY BLESSED with the best season I've ever had.  Three shots and three kills.  My first Osceloa in March and tagged out with two Easterns in NC, one opening Saturday and one the very next Saturday.  I'll probably never do that again.  A TRUE BLESSING FROM GOD!

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

TRKYHTR

batted 1000 this year but that hasn't been the norm for every year.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

savduck

Missed 1 this year. Shot at him to far laying on my belly with a pistol grip. Was bellying crawling trying to get closer and he spotted me.
Georgia Boy

stinkpickle

Yes.  All of them.  I killed them, then I ate them, and now I miss them.   ;)

NCBigShot

...if you asked me about last year, my answer would be different... ::)
When the Dogwood is white, the time is right...

Wingbone

Had several the first week of the Tennessee season. Missed 4 birds and killed 2 that week, but 3 of the those misses were on the same bird on three different occasions before I killed him on the fourth hunt. He was always within 40, but always an awkward shot, and he was a monster. I guess that he ruled roost, considering I called him to the same ridge four times in four days and getting shot at everytime he went searching for that lonely hen. I straightened up after that week though tagging out in Florida, Tennessee, and Kentucky with no more misses.
In Hoc Signo Vinces