OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Did you miss any gobblers this year?

Started by WyoHunter, July 06, 2011, 07:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any misses this year?

4 or more

ghillie

Yes...the nature of bow hunting I guess.  Missed three shots on one longbeard with the bow and also had a clean miss with the scattergun.  I might add that when you pull the trigger and the bird is less than 10 yards...you had better be spot on.  Shooting a .665 IC and Hevi 13s...pretty TIGHT at that distance...add to it that the bird was on the move didn't help much...all is well though...both birds eventually fell at my hand....

Ol'Mossy

Neill_Prater

Nope, didn't miss one this year, but I should have killed a couple of more birds due to not taking shots when I should have. Once, I was waiting on my buddy to shoot, when I had an open shot at one of a pair of birds we called in, and the other time a gobbler walked in unannounced and I had forgotten to turn on my red dot.  :'(

mossy835

Good year for me 2 for two but my friend did shoot a nice Douglas fir tree on the same hunt. :TooFunny:

vaturkey

Didn't miss any this past spring but I sure miss em now !  :newmascot:
Vaturkey

guesswho

Quote from:  link=topic=11547.msg160097#msg160097 date=1323274769
Quote from: guesswho on July 06, 2011, 09:46:03 PM
I batted .941 this year.

16 for 17??

:begging:
A calculator can be a dangerous tool in the right hands. :-X

In about 25 days I'll be able to say I didn't miss any this year.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

chatterbox

Quote from: 2ounce6s on December 07, 2011, 04:14:48 PM
Missed the second bird of a double this past spring but killed him on a follow up shot, redeemed. I miss one just often enough to keep me a bit humble (if that's even possible). Never brag on a perfect season, especially when another season is fast approaching. Turkey mojo will suffer and brother it's a mutha when it does.
Yup. After my last 2 seasons, I don't say much anymore.

Gobble!

was actually 3 for 2 last year.
Missed 1 in 6 years

Struttinhusker

chatterbox

I put down zero because even though I didn't miss, I never got the chance to shoot either! ;D

redleg06

I changed loads midseason and didnt check my POI/POA....  Shot over a birds head while he was in full strut (he was with hens and wouldnt come out) I knocked the top two tips of his tail feathers off literally....I only was able to confirm this because the same bird with the same hens was back in the same spot of the same field the next weekend where I called him in again and missed him again. I checked the gun after this time and it was the Indian and NOT the arrow to blame for the second miss. It was the last day of the season. :TrainWreck1:

Ruger M77

tough spring never had a chance to shoot.Good fall though 1 shot 1 dead longbeard ;D
I eat therefore I hunt