only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Did you miss any gobblers this year?

Started by WyoHunter, July 06, 2011, 07:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any misses this year?

4 or more

derek

I missed 2.  First year with the burris ff2, sighted it in before the season and made one final adjustment and only took one shot following it.  Come the season starting in virginia, I got lucky on the first bird and flat out missed the second.  Shot it after that and realized I was hitting way right.  Took my time and a lot of hevi shot to get it perfect and was dead on with every bird after that, until I walked up on a gobbler.. tried to shoot standing up but I know I rushed things and pulled the shot.  So 2 misses and 8 kills. 
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

VaTuRkStOmPeR

MarkJM

missed the same one twice, found out my gu was shooting high
MuellerCustomCalls

GobbleNut

I never miss a gobbler.  ...I just like to shoot in their general direction once in a while just to skeer 'em....   Once in a while, I'll do it two or three times....just to make sure they're skeered real good....  ;D

HOOKS1

3 for 3. I usually take 6-8 each spring , and will have a miss about every other year. Didn't get to hunt but about a third of the number of days that I normally hunt. And was probably due for a miss because
the last three seasons I'm 16 for 16, but during the 2008 season I missed 2 and killed 7.

Shotgun

I pulled the trigger twice this year where I did not tote one out  :-[ 

Rio Fan

I was 3 for 4 this year.  I was working a tom and when he finally got into view he busted me and immediately took off flying.  I took one shot at him in the air and whiffed.  I did kill one earlier that morning so I've definitely had worse days.

SouthernThunder

2 for 2 this year...and #2 was a lefty prone shot!

If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, "Roll, tide, roll!"
                                                        -Bear Bryant

wangchung0121

Let's just say that I'm being sent down to the minors.  This was the first year that I've hunted solo.  Got a tom and jake called in within shooting distance and I turned to get a shot and got busted.  This was only my second season so the lessons learned outweigh the dissappointment.

Mailman

One Shot One Kill

JUGHEAD

3 for 3 in my rookie season.  I know my share of misses is coming though.

strutnva

batted a 1000 this year, but I have had some that wouldn't put me in the hall of fame

lohaus

Missed 1 this year with two shots.  I couldn't position myself after 10 hens pitched down to my backside.  Ol' Tom popped out and I figured it would have to be quick and let him walk toward the hens.  As he does that one last hen popped out the brush right in front of me and putted.  He hustled and I had to wait for him to clear a small tree.  However, I did get my white tipped bird later that morning and that's what I travelled for.

Trevor2

I did miss one but redeemed myself three days later on the same bird.
Strutstopper

goblr77