turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Setup

Started by Lone Star Eastern, May 20, 2023, 01:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dtrkyman

Lafuma low chair, under 2lbs and has a carry strap, I use it a lot where there are no large trees and can just hide in brush or if I know I may hang out a while.

Tnandy

I didn't read every single reply but if I am planning on hunting a strut zone, or maybe a field edge that might require decoys and some time in the same spot, I am not sure that you can beat a chair, personal opinion. Some guys I have talked to seem to love Mrs. Glenda Greens seat she makes. Might want to check it out. It is an inflatable innertube covered in Bottomland camo. You can add air or take away, whichever one you want.

TrackeySauresRex

I do try and downsize and not carry a lot of Shtuff. Chairs are definitely great especially for my old rump. I use a wedge seat now in addition to my seat vest cushion. It has a shoulder strap, light and Ez to carry. This is not it but same shape.

https://thermaseat.com/product/self-support-series-s2-hunting/

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

tikka

I use a turkey chair but also carry shooting sticks.   I prop my gun up on them and tuck the stock into my jacket.   I point my gun slightly towards the expected direction of the turkey's route(which is always wrong).   But the adjustment to move the gun to them is less than picking it up from the ground. 

WV Flopper

LOL. I would say second day I carried one of those chairs I would leave It hanging in a tree for the next guy to take home with him. I have spent money to lighten up the best I can. I am guessing lots of guys ain't covering much ground.

Alps 4 vest seat early season, chest rig with no seat late season.

Tail Feathers

Quote from: WV Flopper on June 02, 2023, 10:13:48 PM

This tells me I'm substantially older than you.  No cushion or seat?  No way! :toothy12:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Gooserbat

Turkey chairs are nice but it's hard to turn in one.  I tried a Glenda Green inner tube cushion this year and really like it.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Lone Star Eastern

Quote from: Tail Feathers on June 02, 2023, 10:51:20 PM
Quote from: WV Flopper on June 02, 2023, 10:13:48 PM

This tells me I'm substantially older than you.  No cushion or seat?  No way! :toothy12:
I'm in my 20's and there's no way I'm not going without a seat at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Those chairs are nice IF you are not a big person and you have the knees to get out of them. I would have to roll over and flop to my sides to get out of them if I even fit in one. I really want to try one of Glenda's inner tubes. I tried sitting on the ground the second to last day and in all honesty it went better than I thought other than my toe on my left foot causing problems, I could not even sit a few minutes because of that. My worry other than the toe is weight on my tailbone, that is a total killer for me, since my car accident I do not got to picnics or Fourth of July events anymore if I have to sit on a picnic table, they are so incredibly painful.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

WV Flopper

I may be younger than you, maybe a lot younger but I am 50.

Dtrkyman

I guided a guy for a few seasons that had one arm, he was older as well, so he couldn't do well without a tripod for his gun, had him sit in a regular chair and brushed in his tripod making a blind out of it basically.

Would be tough early season without maybe a 3d camo material for the tripod, but with some foliage or cedars around it worked great, he had a better view being up higher as well and often spotted birds I did not see coming.

zelmo1

Run n gun is me, my vest and gun. Set up with the wife for fly down or in the rain is in the blind in comfy chairs. We use decoys in this set up. Z

roberthyman14

Turkey chair is a must.  Then I have 1 of these. I wish knight still made theirs.  I got a bog chair this last season.   Its mediocre at best.  Wont ever order from them again. Customer service still hasn't emailed me back.  I can setup in a bush or pile of debri and don't need the back support since I've got a chair. After initial setup though if I begin moving on a bird I usually leave everything at original setup for speed and stealth unless I know I gotta go a long distance. With that gun rest I can get comfortable and steady while working a bird and using a call. 

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

I have a 4oz klyma air cushion I added ontop the vest seat. The air cushion really takes all the pressure points you get with compressed foam seat pads. For the last three years I've been meaning to design my own Frankin seat with the help of a sowing friend but time always gets away from me

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>