Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

2023 Strut Stoppers story thread

Started by turkey harvester, February 27, 2023, 08:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvhoyt19

It all came together today! After roosting 3 last night and sitting right outside their bedroom this morning, I wasn't able to connect on any of them as several hens fired off at daylight and slowly drug them away. I patiently sat for an hour, belly crawled and finally waved the white flag as the hens had won for today. I hopped  to another farm and slowly headed to the ridge which is my favorite spot here in WV. It's a huge strut zone. After 2 soft calls within 30 min, this 2 year old bird crested the top and was looking for love. His search was over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kygobblergetter

Congratulations!

turkey harvester

TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

aclawrence

Way to go guys. Dang now the pressures really on to kill a bird. I've never not contributed a bird to the team score.  This season though. Geez I don't know.

dzsmith

Quote from: aclawrence on April 21, 2023, 06:27:59 PM
Way to go guys. Dang now the pressures really on to kill a bird. I've never not contributed a bird to the team score.  This season though. Geez I don't know.

your gonna kill one to keep us locked in number 1
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

birdman67

Congrats guys! We giving some dirt naps this year! Great job! Hang in there aclawrence! Your time is coming
Loving God's Creation!

wvhoyt19

Textbook roost hunt! Roosted 3 longbeards last night and with the raining moving in I decided to throw up a ground blind in total darkness. Decoys were set and I was in for an hour before the first gobble. All 3 pitched down to the decoys and 1 of em got a dose Viper Ammunition 20 ga #9! Tagged out in WV! Kansas is up next.

JeffC

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

birdman67

Loving God's Creation!

Kygobblergetter

Congratulations. That's a good bird!

Dmason3

Congrats everyone! Let's keep it going.

Happy

Good job guys. Looks like you guys are getting with it.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Dmason3

I shot another young tom this morning. Scored about 5 points less than my first one. Saw where the toms were at last night and set up there this morning. They gobbled their heads off and I happened to be between them and the hens. Just when I thought it was over the 3 toms skirted the decoys and moved over to the real hens. After a little back and forth with the hens they started over and brought the toms with them. I had them under 100 yards for almost an hour. I really believe what brought them in was raking in the leaves.

wvhoyt19

Congrats!!

Moore

Wow you guys are having a really good season. I'm not going to make it out until the 12th of may and hunt all the way up to the end of this season. I decided to hold off for a few more weeks since there is a lot of flooding due to record snow amounts this winter here in Minnesota. From what Seeing in my area it might be a good year, and promising of picking up a few more properties.
[