turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite Camo Pattern for Spring Gobblers

Started by double drops, January 17, 2023, 03:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cmane08

Full foliage is my favorite, especially after green up.

deathfoot

Quote from: GregGwaltney on January 17, 2023, 07:18:30 PM
I have to admit I am the worst dressed hunter in the woods, mix and match patterns, worn out with new, just a mess....lol

Me and you both. Lol. I just bought some new that doesn't match..but honestly I can't recall the pattern but I liked the look of it. Come to think of it, I can't recall the pattern of any of my camo. But it works.

Bowguy

Whatever faded bdu pants and jacket I have. Turkeys aren't real particular to be honest.

PALongspur

My seasonal progression usually goes from Forest Floor early to Bottomland/Greenleaf and then ends with Obsession.

GobbleNut

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on January 18, 2023, 12:38:22 AM
Quote from: Paulmyr on January 17, 2023, 07:59:22 PM
The camo I wear is dictated by how funky it smells.

This  ^    I just go through all the possibilities available at the moment and wear the first thing I come to that doesn't make me pass out...   ;D :toothy9: :o
...The added advantage is that I don't have to worry about anybody else wanting to tag along with me.   ;D

Paulmyr

Quote from: GobbleNut on January 18, 2023, 09:51:40 AM
Quote from: RutnNStrutn on January 18, 2023, 12:38:22 AM
Quote from: Paulmyr on January 17, 2023, 07:59:22 PM
The camo I wear is dictated by how funky it smells.

This  ^    I just go through all the possibilities available at the moment and wear the first thing I come to that doesn't make me pass out...   ;D :toothy9: :o
...The added advantage is that I don't have to worry about anybody else wanting to tag along with me.   ;D

On one my my trips to georgia back in the day, I figured it was time for some clothes washing when i woke up from an early afternoon huntnap and was covered in flies. From the smell they musta thought I was dead!
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

ScottTaulbee

I've killed them in about any camo pattern on the market since 06 and called them in and missed in the patterns between 2000 and 2006. The turkey doesn't care, camo is for the hunter. With that being said it's whatever YOU have confidence in. For me, that's bottomland or green leaf. Year round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CALLM2U

At any one given time I could have on a combo of Treebark, Advantage, Greenleaf, Bottomland, Realtree Edge, Realtree Hardwoods green, Realtree Hardwoods, Obsession, Realtree Extra, Realtree AP ect. 

30+ years of collecting camo will do that to a fella...

eddie234

Realtree, my OCD doesn't allow me to mix and match.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Paulmyr

Quote from: eddie234 on January 18, 2023, 07:50:57 PM

Realtree, my OCD doesn't allow me to mix and match.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

eddie234 you look exactly like a guy I seen in the Lowe's parking lot today.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

ChesterCopperpot

Trebark top and NMG brown leafy bottom. My mask, hat, gloves all be random patterns just depending on what's sweated up and stinking.

Mossberg90MN

Bottomland...

But early season can still be pretty cold for me... so last year I used my Sitka stratus jacket with a leafy top from cabelas. Just a good ol fashion real tree/break up country looking camo pattern.

I'll use that until it greens up enough for the green leafy top.

Stickbow98

In over 40 years of Turkey hunting, I've hunted and killed birds in a lot of different camo patterns.
They all work if you do your part and set up right, match the background and remain motionless.
That being said, my current favorites are Realtree Timber for the early season and Mossy Oak Obsession after the foliage opens up. Most often I'm wearing 3-D leafy camo on my upper body.
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

Dtrkyman

Most of my birds the past few years were killed wearing od green Prana pants.  As far as camo I may be wearing KUIU, Sitka and Mossy Oak all at the same time, not much for Real Tree but I do have some.

As far as a favorite I guess I am partial to old school green leaf, though I don't own any.