OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Camo Pattern for Spring Gobblers

Started by double drops, January 17, 2023, 03:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter85

Obsession is number one if I'm deep in the bay heads mossy oak forest floor. Those are my go to hear in central Florida.

Tom007

Original Bottomland in April, Greenleaf in May.....

Gooserbat

About any of it works.  I personally like multi cam pants and a leafy top.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

richard black

I mix and match my camo. As long as I stay still and don't move most of it works well.

357MAGNOLE

I have used Obsession and Bottomland Green Leaf. I think as long as I have sat still with my back to a tree it didn't matter what I was wearing. 

I find these post interesting though as I always like to try new stuff. I have been thinking about getting a 3d leafy green suit at some point. I think they look the best by far.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Zobo

Quote from: Happy link=topic=111235.msg1104731#msg1104731 date=1674005744 :camohat:
I do like the nostalgia factor of bottomland and Greenleaf. However, I typically have at least 3-6 different patterns going on at the same time. It confuses the turkeys and keeps the women at bay so I can get some hunting done.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Happy, my outfit tends to do just the opposite, it confuses the women and keeps the turkeys at bay so I can usually get some sleeping done. :camohat:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

ditchdigger

Bottomland is hard to beat IMO and that's what I wear most season. As it greens up I sometimes mix in a more green leafy top. I do admit the Sitka subalpine blends and looks real good. I don't have any of that but a buddy does and he is hard to spot on those greener days when he is set up.

Tail Feathers

I have several different patterns.  Kind of partial to Greenleaf and Obsession.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

WildTigerTrout

My all time favorite is Realtree's "Advantage Timber" followed by Mossy Oak's "Obsession". I have an update. My Advantage Timber cargo pants must have shrunk. I tried to put them on the other day and I can't button them :angry9: They are old and I thought I will never find a pair to replace them. Guess I have to lose some weight now.  I found an exact pair but a bigger size at a local thrift store for $6.99 several days ago.  Wow that was a close one. ;D
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

RutnNStrutn

To me, camo is camo. Old time hunter's wore brown or green pants and plaid shirts with neutral colors. Movement, or lack of, is the key to avoiding detection.
So I just wear whatever camo. However, I do try to wear camo that matches the area I am hunting in.
Two things I do are wear different camo pants and shirts. The ground and the brush, or trees are different. In late spring when the leaves return, I wear a leafy jacket, mask and hat.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Paulmyr on January 17, 2023, 07:59:22 PM
The camo I wear is dictated by how funky it smells.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

I wear Mossy Oak Obsession camo during the NY spring turkey season. It has worked great and I'm not fixing it if ain't broke!

Stick

Bottomland and most often an Obsession NMG top.

the Ward

One things for sure, we have a ton of great choices available today. I tend to like "splotchy" based
camo patterns more than the realistic photo style patterns. They both work fine, just my personal
preference. I mostly hunt in green or brown solid colored pants, and a home made gille poncho top.
Last few seasons I have been wearing m.o. green leaf out of nostalgia.Going to wear that this year,
along with some surplus camo my son got me. Probably going to pick up a North Mountain gear leafy
top too, since my home made poncho is m.i.a. and will be much cooler and comfortable to wear later
in the season.

jhoward11

Obsession for me. unless i'm in blind, then black hoodie on top and obsession below. But as others have said, most others will work with little movement. Unless you are wearing a electrical grid pattern in your clothing, than I'm going with pink and purple, because you can wear that and do jumping jacks and the birds will just come join in :)