OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Camo Pattern for Spring Gobblers

Started by double drops, January 17, 2023, 03:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

double drops

Just curious to hear what everyone's favorite pattern is for spring gobblers.

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

I usually start off the season with bottomland and as the foliage greens up during the spring i will switch to a greenleaf pattern. But i have to confess i do a lot of mis-matching of my camo..  I also use Realtree camo ... I don't get stuck on just one brand or type... Believe it or not, i buy a lot of my camo from our local Goodwill Store.  I've used bottomland pants with greenleaf shirt or really just whatever...

nyhunter

Early in the season I like a Bottomland top and the original  Advantage  camo pants. As it gets greener I like Greenleaf, Realtree Xtra green, and the original Mossy oak Obsession.

greentrout

I stick with Natural Gear or Bottomland for my tops usually. I don't own "hunting" pants and wear Carhart or Wrangler solid color work pants in earth tones.
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

bigdrumnc

Original bottomland early then obsession late when it's warm.

Yoder409

For my home turf, I've found nothing that blends better than old skool Realtree Hardwoods 20-200.

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

RMP

I'll say the one I like least is Mossy Oak Breakup DNA.  IMO, it's too dark.  I feel like someone might mistake me for a black bear or a turkey if they see me moving in the trees.

I have a sets of original Real Tree Advantage I still like.  I tend to like the Mossy Oak camos, except DNA.  Break Up Country is great on the ground and in a tree stand.  I like Mossy Oak Bottomland in the bottom areas I hunt, and Obsession when things start to green a bit.

I will say I think Bass Pro's proprietry TrueTimber Kanati works really well where I hunt.  It blends in well with all the beech and holly trees, and the leaves on the ground that have redder hues, like beech leaves.  I also think their Silent Hide shirts and pants are exceptionally well made. 

GregGwaltney

I have to admit I am the worst dressed hunter in the woods, mix and match patterns, worn out with new, just a mess....lol
gwaltneygamecalls.com

2024 S.E. Comp-1st Place & Best in Class Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-1st Air Operated Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 S.E. Comp-3rd Place Trumpet
2022 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2019 Grand Nat'l-3rd Air Operated Trumpet

West Augusta

Carhartt camo bibs in some brownish pattern and whatever cheap shirt I can find.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Cowboy

Wear Bottomland quite abit. Later in season, sometimes switch to Greenleaf and Obsession. I do have a set in Realtree Edge. Like the material on those not really because of the pattern. 

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Paulmyr

The camo I wear is dictated by how funky it smells.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

northms

I use bottomland or whatever I have on hand. I don't get too hung up on it. I've had some Realtree timber that I deer hunt with and against hardwoods it's the best pattern currently on the market, in my opinion. Disappear leaned up against an oak etc.

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Happy

I do like the nostalgia factor of bottomland and Greenleaf. However, I typically have at least 3-6 different patterns going on at the same time. It confuses the turkeys and keeps the women at bay so I can get some hunting done.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club