turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Hunting and Gas Question?

Started by Wrangler95, March 07, 2022, 11:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kygobblergetter

Gas prices aren't going to keep me from hunting as much as possible. It is possible that it could get to the point it's cheaper to fly on those really far trips instead of drive. And I'm sure I'll complain about gas prices every day but I'm going hunting one way or another. Luckily my car isn't too bad on gas and my wife understands my passion for turkey hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sasquatch1

It ain't just gas that'll squeeze budgets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AndyH

Just drove to Okeechobee Fl and back to Ohio to turkey hunt. Gas prices aren't going to stop me from going where I want to go turkey hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigriverbum

Quote from: sasquatch1 on March 07, 2022, 02:32:27 PM
It ain't just gas that'll squeeze budgets.

yesterday i noticed the local gas station increased their "sale" price on a food item from $1 to 1.29. that price is never going back down.  good luck out there folks. you'll take whats given to you and you'll like it lol

Cull_none

I'll be going turkey hunting regardless of the price.

OJR

It's definitely going to cost more this year but, I haven't changed any plans. Mississippi, Florida, and Illinois are my "away" trips and then several in my home state with less than two and a half hour drives.

I can't help but believe that it will impact a lot of folks. 

Muzzy61

Will mostly just take out more vacation time. I usually hunt a couple of morning each week before I go into work . It's a extra 80 miles to do so. Think I'll just take those days off and save some money and have a more time to hunt.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

btomlin

I trapped worthless (basically) fur all Fall....gas prices don't bother me apparently.

owlhoot

Going to spend the money to go turkey hunting.
What chaps me is spending the extra to go to work , darn it.

Crghss

I decided to camp at my wma to save time but saving a quarter tank of gas is a nice bonus.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

BBR12

Most folks will say I'm going no matter what and there are plenty of folks where that will be the case. I do think it will greatly cut back how long people will continue to go back over and over again unsuccessfully. I also think it will cut back how much all the new Johnny come lately hunters will be going.
I am blessed to make pretty good money and have a good chunk saved for season but flat out put $90 in my wife's expedition the other day. In a week or so when i have to start to fill it, my truck and my work car which is what I will be doing that's gonna be $250-$300 a week. That's $1000+ a month in gas I may be wrong but I don't think most folks have that extra in their budget. I know before my current job there is no way I could have afforded that period much less that and a house note, insurance, etc. etc.

That being said I still plan to make several OOS trips and hunt quite a few states. I was/am still debating on flying way out west for a few days but that one is probably not gonna happen due to how bad gas prices are gonna cut into my hunting fund.

sasquatch1

Quote from: BBR12 on March 07, 2022, 07:12:05 PM
Most folks will say I'm going no matter what and there are plenty of folks where that will be the case. I do think it will greatly cut back how long people will continue to go back over and over again unsuccessfully. I also think it will cut back how much all the new Johnny come lately hunters will be going.
I am blessed to make pretty good money and have a good chunk saved for season but flat out put $90 in my wife's expedition the other day. In a week or so when i have to start to fill it, my truck and my work car which is what I will be doing that's gonna be $250-$300 a week. That's $1000+ a month in gas I may be wrong but I don't think most folks have that extra in their budget. I know before my current job there is no way I could have afforded that period much less that and a house note, insurance, etc. etc.

That being said I still plan to make several OOS trips and hunt quite a few states. I was/am still debating on flying way out west for a few days but that one is probably not gonna happen due to how bad gas prices are gonna cut into my hunting fund.
I feel the same, however don't underestimate the credit card "charge" it generation 

dayna105

Hate the price at the pumps. If it keeps going like it has this past couple of weeks. The price should be around the $7 mark. That will hurt but I will still try to make it.
  I'm just hoping after getting the Chinese sniffles that my strength will build back for the walk in to where I plan to hunt. If not I'll just hunt from around a 100" from the road.   

Gobbler428

I hunt private land one hour from my house. It will probably cost me almost twice as much in gas as last year but I'll be in the woods just as much as I can, just like I always do.

paintbrush

I will still go hunting, but I might cut out one of my out of state hunts. Had several planed. What this high price of gas thing is going to do hurt some of the smaller business's I'm afraid. I'll have less money to spend on say a new call or vest or at a restaurant or convivence store and such as much of my money will be going to these multitrillion dollar oil companies just to get out and back.