OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

This is why you don't show pins/imagery in videos

Started by deerhunt1988, February 24, 2022, 04:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sasquatch1

Quote from: WV Flopper on February 26, 2022, 06:06:09 PM
You are 100% wrong. They set and watched and went hunting where they could, PUBLIC LAND.

Do you think at anytime more than a couple new recruits owned enough land to hunt on and not use public? They either hunt public or join a club. I am willing to bet above 75% of new recruits hunt public before they join a club and pay to hunt.
Some, small percentage

Again as I've posted before.

Ask yourself how many volunteers you've ever had to strike out blind and just go try a place

And then ask yourself how many volunteers you've had that want to go after you go become successful somewhere.

Compare

I guarantee you one is a lot more than the other.

In peoples minds it was entrained from (rumor) that public lands sucked.

Well, these videos did the same for the masses as a guy killing a few and THEN his buddies want to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sasquatch1

There's a reason local forums get hit with

"I drew a hunt on such and such, never been, anyone have info"

Videos of said places can be THAT INFO.

Bam now they ready to roll, as before when they just applied it was an (ehh maybe we will go try)

Howie g

We can argue our opinions till the cows come home .
   But the facts are facts .... The cats already out the bag !! 

WV Flopper

Look up The Black Kettle on YouTube and tell me how far down the list is the State of Oklahoma's promotional video of turkey in the black kettle is.

Now, look how old this video is. You guys are barking up the wrong tree. The states are paying alot of these business people to hunt their ground and promote it. What here do you not understand?

When they stop taking the money there will be a line of others that will. Heck, I will hunt anywhere in the country for room, board and gas. Who wouldn't?

Mossyguy

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on February 26, 2022, 11:40:23 AM
Quote from: aaron on February 25, 2022, 07:53:23 PM
If these types of things effect your ability to kill a turkey, that's YOUR problem.  Improvise, adapt and overcome.   I cannot get on board with this poor me attitude.  Stay in here whining, I'll be out finding birds

I'm fairly certain most of those advocating have no problem killing turkey. They care more about the public land resource and the path turkey hunting has been headed down.

I haven't personally met DH but I've read enough of his posts elsewhere that this is his top priority....he has no problem getting on birds.

El Pavo Grande

Quote from: WV Flopper on February 26, 2022, 05:23:42 PM
I would like to say. " When I go turkey hunting it is about ME." Hopefully, everyone understands this statement, hate to have to explain to the masses that I don't hunt for them. I do respect others and will continue to do so unless disrespected.

Is there a problem with this attitude? I work 2500 hours a year, I hunt for 15-25 days in the spring. Is this a problem?

The NWTF has been trying to recruit new hunters since they began. The thought has been more hunters, more money, more voters in a positive manner to sustain and make better for the wild turkey.

These new recruits are adding up men. No, I am not trying to shift the blame. But I do understand turkeys were commercialized years ago, before YouTube. I watched Will Premos when I was a kid, still do. Can't spell his name, but don't care either. All of these new recruits need a place to hunt.

So again, this complaining about one group, in an open to the public forum, means nothing. Except, calling more people to locations these people hunt. Exactly opposite of what your intent should be, you are going in the wrong direction with this content.

Think about whom you have shared this info with. New recruits, who have not been endocterned to ride on if someone beats them to their spot for the day. Who have not been taught about loose lips, Who don't use paper maps and do use modern technology. Who want to go hunting and have youth on their side to do so.

I think your best opportunity is to compel to the content makers directly. Keeping in mind the 1st amendment of the constitution of the United States of America.

WV Flopper,
One key phrase in your post caught my attention. You said "one group".  Not sure how many times it can be said.  The criticism and concern isn't with just the beloved THP or other YT channels.  It's the irresponsibility across all platforms of social media. 

It's a simple yes or no question....Do you support Joe X in his FB turkey group sharing a picture of himself mean mugging with a dead turkey at a WMA sign with the caption "Gobblers were lit this morning!!", or (insert YouTuber) presenting a video titled "Smashing Gobblers in XYZ State" while openly promoting National Forest land in North XYZ State?

WV Flopper

Sir, I am directly talking about the original post, which was directed at one group, THP. And, the irony of this post showing directly more content of location than THP did themselves in their video.

We can and should talk separately about any other groups of people's. As to lump all together is not correct or fair. We are all turkeys hunters or should be, if not,  we have no business in this conversation.

As I have stated before, "I have NO problem with a person or group sharing content, naming the state at which it took place."
I do not take part in the book of faces and will not take part in it. Frankly, I don't care. If Social media is the whole of your battle, to put it politely, your going to lose the battle, war and anything else you want to call it. I remind you, the OP put this on Social Media, this is Social Media.

This reminds me of someone being mad at a drug dealer selling drugs to support their habit. Funny thing is, there is nothing illegal here and is what we all have aspired to do, which is making money doing something we love. How ironic!

Don't confuse me, I am not taking up for any of these groups or people putting out content on YouTube. They should not go into spot locations, I agree with that. Furthermore, looking at the names of the New YouTube titles they are already making improvements in this area. Again, keep in mind, some of these guys are being paid to advertise. The local idiots on Face book have no excuse except for stupidity and ignorance.

St. Augustine Strutter

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on February 26, 2022, 11:17:34 AM
Quote from: El Pavo Grande on February 25, 2022, 03:25:48 PM

Here's the biggest What If.  What if someone provides a solid answer as to why we are wrong?  What if someone eloquently explains how promoting specifics has been a positive for localized turkey populations and turkey hunting opportunities?  I welcome at least one response with substance.

Been waiting quite a long time for this answer. No one can seem to provide it.

Where you at Paulmyr??  How about catman and Shane??  Crickets...

It's obvious why they don't answer though. They just come back with more senseless drivel.

Crghss

Quote from: El Pavo Grande on February 26, 2022, 06:50:08 PM

It's a simple yes or no question....Do you support Joe X in his FB turkey group sharing a picture of himself mean mugging with a dead turkey at a WMA sign with the caption "Gobblers were lit this morning!!", or (insert YouTuber) presenting a video titled "Smashing Gobblers in XYZ State" while openly promoting National Forest land in North XYZ State?

Yes, I see no reason not to show what State or National Forest I hunt. The natural resources of a state belong to all the residents. Not just the local people who want to harvest them.

I don't agree with giving up specific "spots". That's stupid. But State and State/National forests? Sure.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Zobo

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on February 26, 2022, 11:51:26 AM
Quote from: Zobo on February 26, 2022, 11:48:21 AM
Wow, I'm so glad I'm too old/dumb to understand any of this!

Definitely not a bad thing. I wish I was ignorant of it at times!

One thing I do know for certain : You don't need any form of recent technology whatsoever to be a successful turkey hunter.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

El Pavo Grande

Quote from: Crghss on February 26, 2022, 07:44:45 PM
Quote from: El Pavo Grande on February 26, 2022, 06:50:08 PM

Yes, I see no reason not to show what State or National Forest I hunt. The natural resources of a state belong to all the residents. Not just the local people who want to harvest them.

I don't agree with giving up specific "spots". That's stupid. But State and State/National forests? Sure.

250,000 - 500,000 views promoting the National Forest in specific regions of specific states is not concerning?   I disagree with that.  I think it's disrespectful and irresponsible. 

Crghss

Quote from: El Pavo Grande on February 26, 2022, 08:44:56 PM
250,000 - 500,000 views promoting the National Forest in specific regions of specific states is not concerning?   I disagree with that.  I think it's disrespectful and irresponsible.

So where shall we start? Burning all the books that that reference your National Forests? Or requiring people to have the right papers to enter?
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

arkrem870

Quote from: Zobo on February 26, 2022, 08:11:27 PM
Quote from: deerhunt1988 on February 26, 2022, 11:51:26 AM
Quote from: Zobo on February 26, 2022, 11:48:21 AM
Wow, I'm so glad I'm too old/dumb to understand any of this!

Definitely not a bad thing. I wish I was ignorant of it at times!

One thing I do know for certain : You don't need any form of recent technology whatsoever to be a successful turkey hunter.

You can bet the best turkey hunters in the United States aren't online spilling their guts on locations. That's a small minority of attention seekers with a following of new hunters and people that don't know any better. And they don't have the latest and greatest gear either.   Typically a 90's model truck pulled over on the side of a forest road. Ask them what they've heard. Answer will be " ain't heard a thing".
LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS

sasquatch1

Quote from: Crghss on February 26, 2022, 08:50:23 PM

So where shall we start? Burning all the books that that reference your National Forests? Or requiring people to have the right papers to enter?
People read them books?

El Pavo Grande

Quote from: Crghss on February 26, 2022, 08:50:23 PM

Simple yes or no.  Your response doesn't even address the question.  Typical.