OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

This is why you don't show pins/imagery in videos

Started by deerhunt1988, February 24, 2022, 04:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crghss

Quote from: sasquatch1 on February 26, 2022, 09:01:10 PM
Quote from: Crghss on February 26, 2022, 08:50:23 PM
Quote from: El Pavo Grande on February 26, 2022, 08:44:56 PM
250,000 - 500,000 views promoting the National Forest in specific regions of specific states is not concerning?   I disagree with that.  I think it's disrespectful and irresponsible.

So where shall we start? Burning all the books that that reference your National Forests? Or requiring people to have the right papers to enter?
People read them books?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Point taken
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Crghss

Quote from: El Pavo Grande on February 26, 2022, 09:01:53 PM
Simple yes or no.  Your response doesn't even address the question.  Typical.

Already answered. You even Quoted my response.

Quote from: Crghss on February 26, 2022, 07:44:45 PM
Yes, I see no reason not to show what State or National Forest I hunt. The natural resources of a state belong to all the residents. Not just the local people who want to harvest them.

I don't agree with giving up specific "spots". That's stupid. But State and State/National forests? Sure.

Not sure what you don't understand.

turkeyfool

To his point I didn't even get a leftover tag in unit 6 last season and I tried like as soon as they went for sale? At bare minimum, I can't  see how these guys are helping

Paulmyr

Quote from: St. Augustine Strutter on February 26, 2022, 07:34:56 PM
Quote from: deerhunt1988 on February 26, 2022, 11:17:34 AM
Quote from: El Pavo Grande on February 25, 2022, 03:25:48 PM

Here's the biggest What If.  What if someone provides a solid answer as to why we are wrong?  What if someone eloquently explains how promoting specifics has been a positive for localized turkey populations and turkey hunting opportunities?  I welcome at least one response with substance.

Been waiting quite a long time for this answer. No one can seem to provide it.

Where you at Paulmyr??  How about catman and Shane??  Crickets...

It's obvious why they don't answer though. They just come back with more senseless drivel.

Every time I try to get out, they pull me back in!

So what are you actually trying to accomplish here? Open peoples eyes to some version of what has been happening and argued about in every hunting forum for over 20 years? Uh, ok?
Are you looking for my support? Show me where to put my signature because I haven't seen it yet.

You want affirmation because you want the bad guys to stop? Well, I guess your in the right place for that.

Go get em tiger!
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

El Pavo Grande

Quote from: Crghss on February 26, 2022, 09:05:49 PM
Quote from: El Pavo Grande on February 26, 2022, 09:01:53 PM
Simple yes or no.  Your response doesn't even address the question.  Typical.

Already answered. You even Quoted my response.

Quote from: Crghss on February 26, 2022, 07:44:45 PM
Yes, I see no reason not to show what State or National Forest I hunt. The natural resources of a state belong to all the residents. Not just the local people who want to harvest them.

I don't agree with giving up specific "spots". That's stupid. But State and State/National forests? Sure.

Not sure what you don't understand.

I guess I was just confused / amazed at the approval of a video (250,000-500,000 views) highlighting a specific National Forest in a specific Region of a specific State.  Is this not specific enough?

Old Gobbler

Turkey hunters are ahead of the curb with looking down Thier noses at cyber scouters and the like ...turkey hunting is hard work , where failure is the norm if you can't bother to scout on your own you have no business turkey hunting and the quicker you , they , whoever ..exit the "sport" the better for group as a whole ...there is a new wave of anti" social media "hunting taking place ....I've listened to podcasts from some very popular and HUGE following on Instagram and Facebook where guides are complaining about how young guys have taken on a narcissistic attitude where they race to take pictures and post on Instagram and make fake postings to pump up themselves ....there is a backlash coming and it's growing

Growing up , I learned real fast the wages of loose lips ... I remember my father bitterly complaining about how the phone only rings two weeks before season with so called "friends" I remembered all the calls I got for particular areas for duck or turkey ...but I never got that call to let me know there was a extra seat in the boat for lobster season ?

If people want to help others that are too lazy to even scout ..that's up them ..

There has been alot of threads villanizing social media types , there are some real good guys with good well thought out chanel's doing it , and I hear there are some less than thoughtful or well conceptualized  making a go at it ..they can its their right to  , and there is pretty much nothing we can do about it

I like turkey hunting , cause I actually like turkey hunting , I like turkey hunters that think like me ..that's YOU !

Off soap box

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

El Pavo Grande

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 27, 2022, 03:38:22 PM
Turkey hunters are ahead of the curb with looking down Thier noses at cyber scouters and the like ...turkey hunting is hard work , where failure is the norm if you can't bother to scout on your own you have no business turkey hunting and the quicker you , they , whoever ..exit the "sport" the better for group as a whole ...there is a new wave of anti" social media "hunting taking place ....I've listened to podcasts from some very popular and HUGE following on Instagram and Facebook where guides are complaining about how young guys have taken on a narcissistic attitude where they race to take pictures and post on Instagram and make fake postings to pump up themselves ....there is a backlash coming and it's growing

Growing up , I learned real fast the wages of loose lips ... I remember my father bitterly complaining about how the phone only rings two weeks before season with so called "friends" I remembered all the calls I got for particular areas for duck or turkey ...but I never got that call to let me know there was a extra seat in the boat for lobster season ?

If people want to help others that are too lazy to even scout ..that's up them ..

There has been alot of threads villanizing social media types , there are some real good guys with good well thought out chanel's doing it , and I hear there are some less than thoughtful or well conceptualized  making a go at it ..they can its their right to  , and there is pretty much nothing we can do about it

I like turkey hunting , cause I actually like turkey hunting , I like turkey hunters that think like me ..that's YOU !

Off soap box

I do agree that there is pretty much nothing we can do about it.  That's becoming more evident as each year passes.  As long as you allow these discussions, I'll continue to voice my opinion, at the very least to maybe provide some thought provoking insight that might make a few realize the dangers that lie ahead with the unfiltered free flow of information. 

This is not change needed or wanted with politicians, regulations, or the big money companies.  As I've said, it's a cultural issue.  The societal desires of today to be accepted and applauded publicly on a public platform has completely infiltrated the turkey hunting community.  That's ok on an individual basis if that's what he or she chooses is most important, but there are often consequences beyond. In this case that's many localized turkey populations and a loss of hunting opportunities.  Unwilling to sacrifice for the greater good is simply selfish. 

I believe there are a lot more that think like some of us do, but dare not speak up for fear of being labeled selfish, elitist, or many other number of names.  They will comment on hunting boots or flashlights.  Which ever side one is on, these debates can be healthy and generate perspectives not thought of.  Unfortunately, what I've seen is very little substance to support the reasoning for much of this content that is shared when considering what we all should be most concerned with....populations and the continued future of turkey hunting.

Just take a quick glance at the comment sections of these YouTube videos.  Folks are tripping all over themselves to invite these "stars" to come hunt XYZ WMA accompanied by "Heard 10 there this morning".  Or naming names of the WMA or area these guys are hunting..... as said it's the need for acceptance and applause.  I do blame these YT guys for a lot of damage done.  Not only have they burnt many places, they also have fed the monster and cultivated much of the turkey hunting culture we see today.  Just quick reads reveal the infatuation and how star struck so many are.  Both sides are feeding off each other. 

What do I expect?  Honestly, not much to change at this point.  I would hope those with platforms and in positions now of being idolized, including organizations such as the NWTF and Turkeys For Tomorrow, to at least share the message of the negatives that accompany sharing specific information.  I won't hold my breath, except maybe hold out hope for Turkeys For Tomorrow. 

It is a long shot at this point to expect much more.  It will take open discussions and the influence of everyone you know to slow it down, not heads in the sand.  We won't have turkey hunting boots to talk about one day.  I do know hunter recruitment will suffer as hunting opportunities become more limited.  Not sure how that can be argued against.   

I am still very open to a change in mindset if someone is willing to answer the question that has been posed many times, yet still unanswered. 

Crghss

Quote from: El Pavo Grande on February 27, 2022, 07:50:58 PM
I am still very open to a change in mindset if someone is willing to answer the question that has been posed many times, yet still unanswered.

OK, I'll bite, what question?

Spurs

Off soap box

I do agree that there is pretty much nothing we can do about it.  That's becoming more evident as each year passes.  As long as you allow these discussions, I'll continue to voice my opinion, at the very least to maybe provide some thought provoking insight that might make a few realize the dangers that lie ahead with the unfiltered free flow of information. 

This is not change needed or wanted with politicians, regulations, or the big money companies.  As I've said, it's a cultural issue.  The societal desires of today to be accepted and applauded publicly on a public platform has completely infiltrated the turkey hunting community.  That's ok on an individual basis if that's what he or she chooses is most important, but there are often consequences beyond. In this case that's many localized turkey populations and a loss of hunting opportunities.  Unwilling to sacrifice for the greater good is simply selfish. 

I believe there are a lot more that think like some of us do, but dare not speak up for fear of being labeled selfish, elitist, or many other number of names.  They will comment on hunting boots or flashlights.  Which ever side one is on, these debates can be healthy and generate perspectives not thought of.  Unfortunately, what I've seen is very little substance to support the reasoning for much of this content that is shared when considering what we all should be most concerned with....populations and the continued future of turkey hunting.

Just take a quick glance at the comment sections of these YouTube videos.  Folks are tripping all over themselves to invite these "stars" to come hunt XYZ WMA accompanied by "Heard 10 there this morning".  Or naming names of the WMA or area these guys are hunting..... as said it's the need for acceptance and applause.  I do blame these YT guys for a lot of damage done.  Not only have they burnt many places, they also have fed the monster and cultivated much of the turkey hunting culture we see today.  Just quick reads reveal the infatuation and how star struck so many are.  Both sides are feeding off each other. 

What do I expect?  Honestly, not much to change at this point.  I would hope those with platforms and in positions now of being idolized, including organizations such as the NWTF and Turkeys For Tomorrow, to at least share the message of the negatives that accompany sharing specific information.  I won't hold my breath, except maybe hold out hope for Turkeys For Tomorrow. 

It is a long shot at this point to expect much more.  It will take open discussions and the influence of everyone you know to slow it down, not heads in the sand.  We won't have turkey hunting boots to talk about one day.  I do know hunter recruitment will suffer as hunting opportunities become more limited.  Not sure how that can be argued against.   

Good lord, this crap still going?  What even is the question anymore?  No, naming a state doesn't hurt a dang thing.  Yes, putting exact GPS coordinates does hurt.  Yes, social media has created an influx, but there is no stopping that train and 0 regulation that would correct it.  No, I am not a 'fan boy', but I enjoy watching most of the bigger names because they are TURKEY HUNTING. 

Them panties in a wad because y'all don't like the responses is comical.  Sound like a bunch of pronoun junkies who love to hear themselves talk. 

Now, I'll sit back and wait for y'all's heads to explode again. :popcorn:
This year is going to suck!!!

El Pavo Grande

Quote from: Crghss on February 27, 2022, 08:41:39 PM

OK, I'll bite, what question?

You can look it up. 

El Pavo Grande

Quote from: Spurs on February 27, 2022, 08:46:12 PM

Off soap box

Good lord, this crap still going?  What even is the question anymore?  No, naming a state doesn't hurt a dang thing.  Yes, putting exact GPS coordinates does hurt.  Yes, social media has created an influx, but there is no stopping that train and 0 regulation that would correct it.  No, I am not a 'fan boy', but I enjoy watching most of the bigger names because they are TURKEY HUNTING. 

Them panties in a wad because y'all don't like the responses is comical.  Sound like a bunch of pronoun junkies who love to hear themselves talk. 

Now, I'll sit back and wait for y'all's heads to explode again. :popcorn:

Awesome....more zero substance to add.  Sounds like you have several T-Shirts and Hats with that attitude.   If it bothers you scroll on and play a word game. 

Crghss

I 100% agree, people seem to be in a perpetual fight with a straw man.

You guys should google EXIF data. Then heads will really explode.

I'm out, no point to this anymore.

El Pavo Grande

Quote from: Crghss on February 27, 2022, 09:08:43 PM

I 100% agree, people seem to be in a perpetual fight with a straw man.

You guys should google EXIF data. Then heads will really explode.

I'm out, no point to this anymore.

Adios.  By the way, it's a discussion, not a fight.  So much fabricated drama as these days. 

TurkeyReaper69

Thank you Ted, Keith and the rest of THP crew for continuously pimping out OnX and carelessly letting clues slip into videos. Killed my Iowa gobbler Monday morning on north side of Rathbun Lake, he was roosted about 140 yards from the pin in video.

dublelung

Quote from: silvestris on February 26, 2022, 12:32:14 PM
How you been, Nathan.  Been a while.  Hope you have another good one.  Do you know why the  Bullnettler died?  I enjoyed a few on there, including you, and "poof", it died.

It's still alive, just on life support. Facebook groups have dwindled the numbers of forum participants.