News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Covid Vaccine--Who Got It?

Started by gatrapper, August 31, 2021, 03:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Hey Y'all,

I have held out on getting the vaccine. My wife is in the medical field and is starting to see TONS of patients. She is going to have to get the vax for work and I'm still on the fence.  It seems like the virus is hitting harder this year than last. Starting to personally know a lot of folks who are in the hospital or who have died from the virus.

She is getting the moderna vacciine and I'm think about getting it as well.  The data on the Pfizer looks worse and worse with each passing study.

Has anyone here received the moderna vaccine? Did you have any issues after getting stuck?
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

guesswho

I got my second dose of moderna two weeks ago today.  I had zero issues either time.   No sore arm or anything.   I know a couple more people that got it and all they experienced was the sore arm for a couple of days. 

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

ol bob

Everyone in my family that can get it has,2 members have got the virus both over it in a couple of days.I thinks it helps.

Crghss

Wife and I both got Moderna vaccine in April. After both shots I had 1 -2 hour period the next day where I was tired and mentally not there. But it only lasted little under 2 hours. Was fine after

Wife was down for the count after second shot. Slept most of the day. But that's it.

On a side note. In all of 2020 I knew 1 couple who got COVID amongst all my family and friends.  They felt bad for a day and got over it.

In the last couple of months I've know countless people who've had COVID, a few vaccinated most not. 3 of the non-vaccinated have died.

I hope everyone that can gets vaccinated. Delta variant is worse then the COVID we had last year.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Turkeyman

A good friend, who is on the forum here, sent me a "Hospitalized Covid 19 Patients" snapshot dated August 26, 2021 from a hospital where his daughter is a nurse, I believe. Data is as follows: Covid 19 inpatients...10 vaccinated, 120 unvaccinated. ICU patients...1 vaccinated, 47 unvaccinated. Patients on ventilators...0 vaccinated, 30 unvaccinated.

Candyman

Yes. I got 2 doses of Moderna. I have other health issues and 2 of my doctors said I should get it. That was good enough for me.

Jstocks

I did the J&J. I have not had Covid. My arm was sore.

My wife did the J&J. Ran fever, sore arm.

BigSlam51

I'll stick with what's been working for me for over a year, my immune system. I don't speak negative about someone wanting to get the shot, it's your choice.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

TurkeyReaper69

Not me, and I don't plan on getting it. Honestly I probably would've gotten it if the government and corporate America didn't try to strongarm us into it. If it is so beneficial why are we being incentivized with free beer, lotteries, paid time off from work etc etc etc to get it.

Hwd silvestris

I got the Pfizer.
1st dose stung a bit. (FYI I wig out over needles. .  Arm was slightly sore for a day.
2nd dose didn't feel it at all.  Arm was not sore the least bit.  Around the 20 hour after the 2nd one I didn't feel good.  Not bad but not good. 

I put off the vaccine off as long as I felt I needed to.  Seems like it's being pushed on people harder than I'm comfortable with.  Short of it is,  Long term don't know the the effects.   Short term I want to be around for my kids.  Especially during the important decision making point in their young lives.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RND1983

I got the Pfizer vaccine in January. Had slight reactions, but nothing too bad. My wife also received the Pfizer vaccine. We both tested positive for Covid a couple weeks ago. We both had all the symptoms, but we were sick for 3 days and improved each day after. I feel being vaccinated did help us recover much quicker.

What's interesting is we have twin 7 year olds and a 5 year old. They did not get sick and each tested negative on PCR tests. There's no social distancing or isolation when you have kids that young. Very bizarre that all 3 avoided it...

WildTigerTrout

I got the J&J Vaccine in mid- February from the VA.  No problem at all.  My arm was more sore from the flu shot.

My wife got the Moderna.  Her arm was really sore both times and she had some side effects for a couple days.

Glad we got them.  This is America and everyone can decide for themselves but I encourage getting it.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Spurs Up

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on August 31, 2021, 06:40:02 PM
I got the J&J Vaccine in mid- February from the VA.  No problem at all.  My arm was more sore from the flu shot.

My wife got the Moderna.  Her arm was really sore both times and she had some side effects for a couple days.

Glad we got them.  This is America and everyone can decide for themselves but I encourage getting it.

Do you work for Johnson & Johnson?  To my knowledge, that vax wasn't available to the rest of us before March.

davisd9

I got the Pfizer at the end of March. Had no issues. Most of my family members have gotten vaccinated as well. I was hesitant at first but felt I should have praying for divine miracle or wisdom to medical science. I have had no regrets and plan to get a booster when I can.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Yoder409

I got vaccinated the old fashioned way........... I got the 'Rona.

I weighed my options between being very low risk for complications from COVID-19 and being injected with a dose of "Lord knows what".  I chose not to get the vaccine.  I did get COVID and weathered it quite well.  Not everyone is so fortunate or does so well and I understand the choice is an individual decision (for now). 

I ain't doin' it.  I do not look poorly at anyone who chooses differently. 
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.