OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Covid Vaccine--Who Got It?

Started by gatrapper, August 31, 2021, 03:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grayfox

My wife & I both got the J&J back in March. We both had slightly sore arms & I did take a nap that afternoon. I hear of more people dying around my area than last year. I have no regrets taking the shot but I respect other people's decision to refuse to take it. If they recommend a booster later on I will take that one too.

makestomstremble

If you will research the definition of the word vaccine, you should understand that this in not a vaccine. A much more accurate name would be "experimental gene therapy". You can have my shot, and all the boosters they will be pushing in the future.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: makestomstremble on September 03, 2021, 09:54:59 AM
If you will research the definition of the word vaccine, you should understand that this in not a vaccine. A much more accurate name would be "experimental gene therapy". You can have my shot, and all the boosters they will be pushing in the future.

The Johnson and Johnson vaccine is a traditional vaccine.  It does not use mRNA like the Pfizer and Moderna shots.
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Bolandstrutters

Exactly.  If it doesnt prevent you from getting the virus and even spreading the virus then its not a vaccine.  Nothing more than a flu shot that they will push people into getting at least once a year for the rest of our lives.  Covid is going nowhere. 

Sixes

My wife had the Moderna in April, I had the Pfizer around the same timeframe.  Fever after the second shot but only for about 12 hours.

We took the  shot due to elderly parents with issues and neither of us are in prime shape (50 and 51).  I also had an overweight friend spend 2 weeks on a ventilator and ended up dying.  I know several others that have some long term effects from Covid.

I do know a LOT of people in the last month that have had covid and the only one that I know that have been hospitalized are unvaccinated.  One of them is a 51 year old in very good health, he stayed on a ventilator for 8-9 days but is recovering now. I know no one that has had any issues receiving any of the vaccines.

My 18 year old daughter is still unvaccinated with the reasoning of potential reproduction issues later on and I cannot make her take the vaccine, even though I feel like she should.

To each his own, I just hate seeing the division of Vaxxed vs Unvaxxed

Spurs Up

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on September 03, 2021, 10:08:24 AM

The Johnson and Johnson vaccine is a traditional vaccine.  It does not use mRNA like the Pfizer and Moderna shots.

No

Meleagris gallopavo

Spurs Up

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on September 03, 2021, 07:41:59 PM
Quote from: Spurs Up on September 03, 2021, 07:08:43 PM

No
Please explain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

All vaccines work by triggering production of antibodies. Traditional vaccines use weakened viruses or bacteria, as it may be, themselves to promote an immune response. Differently the J&J vaccine uses an adenovirus vector (think of it as a Trojan Horse) to deliver double-stranded DNA codons for production the corona spike protein. Moderna and Pfizer use m-RNA to deliver the blueprint for the spike protein. Essentially it's the same mode thereafter for both the DNA viral vector and the m-RNA vaccines as the spike proteins cause an immune response that produces antibodies.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: Spurs Up on September 03, 2021, 10:43:17 PM

No
Please explain.

All vaccines work by triggering production of antibodies. Traditional vaccines use weakened viruses or bacteria, as it may be, themselves to promote an immune response. Differently the J&J vaccine uses an adenovirus vector (think of it as a Trojan Horse) to deliver double-stranded DNA codons for production the corona spike protein. Moderna and Pfizer use m-RNA to deliver the blueprint for the spike protein. Essentially it's the same mode thereafter for both the DNA viral vector and the m-RNA vaccines as the spike proteins cause an immune response that produces antibodies.
[/quote]
Thanks!  I had read an incorrect explanation that stated it was more like a traditional vaccine, which was actually on the university website where my daughter attends school. 

Cowboy

No. Not going to either. My wife and I had Covid in December of 2020. Both lived through it. Never coughed once. We were both extremely tired and headaches each day for about 10 days or so. She lost her sense of taste/ smell for 3 days or so. It came back. I've been exposed several times since and tested NEGATIVE couple times when I was checked. Government pushing way to hard for my liking. Dont trust them anyways. Too many unsubstantiated statements. Bill Gates isn't a doctor yet he's neck deep in this. Hmm......

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

timberjack86

Nope, my whole family had it a few weeks ago and we all did fine with it. We are not antivax but we have never took a flu shot either. I know 2 vaccinated people that died with covid and several unvaccinated. Hopefully they will get something better in the future, then I might consider it.

g8rvet

Quote from: Spurs Up on September 03, 2021, 10:43:17 PM

No
Please explain.

[/quote]

The difference between gene therapy and a vaccine is that in gene therapy it enters the nucleus of the cell.  In a vaccine the protein is made in the ribosome (not the nucleus) and secreted to stimulate an immune response.  A more traditional vaccine would just inject the spike proteins into the host and stimulate the immune response.   

In the case of J and J the adeno virus introduces the gene into the nucleus, but not the chromosome.  If a retro virus were used, it would deliver the gene into the actual chromosome.  While the difference may seem slight, it is huge in whether long term changes occur in the DNA of the host cell.

All of the COVID vaccines are vaccines.  The delivery method is non-traditional (really it is just new).

Just trying to explain science, get the vaccine or don't get it.  Your call.

I have refrained from posting on here.  It seems everyone is a molecular immunologist now (not meaning any of y'all, meaning all the whack jobs on YouTube and Al Gore's interwebs). 

It is like the joke Meta-Analysis that says Ivermectin works.  The study is based on terrible, poorly designed studies.  There are actually 2 of them out there.  Both based on pseudo-science.  Ivermectin may be found to work, but it is not looking good at doses that will not kill the host. It is odd to me that so many people say they do not trust doctors and yet they are trusting one to take ivermectin. At this point, it looks like eye of Newt and burying a dead cat at midnight would be about as effective, but much safer.   

Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

PalmettoRon

Very well stated. Thankfully folks back in the day thought little about taking the smallpox vaccine which was an actual live virus or the Sabin polio vaccine which was an attenuated live virus.

Everyone is an expert now due to the internet.

We're in a hell of a spot when Trump who was responsible for green lighting this vaccine and even took it himself after having had COVID was literally booed at an event in Alabama when he suggested people should take it. So both Trump and Biden want folks to take something that is bad for them? Are they conspiring together? Not a chance.