OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Covid Vaccine--Who Got It?  (Read 6261 times)

Offline WildTigerTrout

• Longbeard
  • "Big Woods" NC Pennsylvania Public Land Boss
Re: Covid Vaccine--Who Got It?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2021, 07:17:30 PM »
I got the J&J Vaccine in mid- February from the VA.  No problem at all.  My arm was more sore from the flu shot.

My wife got the Moderna.  Her arm was really sore both times and she had some side effects for a couple days.

Glad we got them.  This is America and everyone can decide for themselves but I encourage getting it.

Do you work for Johnson & Johnson?  To my knowledge, that vax wasn’t available to the rest of us before March.
NO I don't work for J&J.  I am a U.S. Army Veteran.  They called me and offered me the shot.  I got it at the VA Clinic.  I think I earned it!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 07:51:56 PM by WildTigerTrout »
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Offline turkeyfool

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2021, 07:19:25 PM »
I'd also be more inclined to get it if it wasn't being pushed and people were being threatened on getting fired at their workplace if they didn't have it (even heard of some remote workers being threatened with that, which is hilarious). I'm 28 so I don't see a reason unless I know more people who have had bad cases of the rona

Offline PALongspur

• Longbeard
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2021, 07:21:00 PM »
I got the J&J back in early April. The day after was pretty rough but I would do it over again if given the choice. My wife got two doses of Moderna through the school system, she had no issues.

Offline Spring Creek Calls

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Spring Creek Turkey Calls
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2021, 07:41:15 PM »
I did the 2 shot Moderna vaccine back in March. Had about 8-10 hrs of flu like symptoms after the 2nd shot, but nothing terrible. I'm pro vaccinate but very much against any mandate to do so. My body, my choice.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Offline fallhnt

• Double Beard
  • "So easy a gun hunter can do it"
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2021, 07:46:15 PM »
No to the vaccine.
Very tired of this subject.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Offline BigSlam51

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2021, 08:16:01 PM »
Same here!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Which Gun

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2021, 08:17:30 PM »
No to vaccine.  :TrainWreck1:

Offline Candyman

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2021, 08:43:23 PM »
I got the J&J Vaccine in mid- February from the VA.  No problem at all.  My arm was more sore from the flu shot.

My wife got the Moderna.  Her arm was really sore both times and she had some side effects for a couple days.

Glad we got them.  This is America and everyone can decide for themselves but I encourage getting it.

Do you work for Johnson & Johnson?  To my knowledge, that vax wasn’t available to the rest of us before March.
NO I don't work for J&J.  I am a U.S. Army Veteran.  They called me and offered me the shot.  I got it at the VA Clinic.  I think I earned it!

Thank you for your service!

Offline tracker vi

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2021, 09:15:23 PM »
Got Moderna in March . Slept real good after 2nd shot , didn't grow a tail , become magnetic or nothing .

Offline Vintage

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2021, 09:25:23 PM »
Moderna for me no problems

Offline Mtd69

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2021, 09:37:08 PM »
got the moderna shot in march only a sore arm both times for a couple days

Offline TurkeyReaper69

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2021, 09:55:38 PM »
I'd also be more inclined to get it if it wasn't being pushed and people were being threatened on getting fired at their workplace if they didn't have it (even heard of some remote workers being threatened with that, which is hilarious). I'm 28 so I don't see a reason unless I know more people who have had bad cases of the rona
This right here. I’m 21 and see no point in getting it, I have natural immunity (which is better than any vaccine). and am skeptical about the long term side effects.

Offline silvestris

• Longbeard
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2021, 07:46:28 AM »

Especially during the important decision making point in their young lives.   

“Does this casket make me look fat.”
“[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer.”  Ken Morgan, “Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Offline Meleagris gallopavo

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • I struggle, but still succeed...
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2021, 08:37:40 AM »
I got the Pfizer back in March.  No issues, easy as pie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Offline deerhunt1988

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2021, 08:39:07 AM »
Got both doses of Moderna in March/April of this year as a very healthy, active 32 year old. Only side effects were EXTREMELY sore arms. Sore enough it hurt to open a car door and I dreaded the 2nd shot due to the incoming soreness. But i'd take that over COVID.

The decision to get the vaccine when I did was really driven by turkey season and having at risk parents. I knew I'd likely be flying to hunt during Spring 2021 and didn't want any "vaccination status" nonsense to interfere with my plans. My parents are in their 70s and although my mother is vaccinated, my father is a bit higher risk and has a condition in which they don't recommend vaccination.

My grandparents are in their late 80s/early 90s and both vaccinated. They both got COVID a few months after being fully vaccinated. 94 year old grandfather got the antibody treatment the day he tested positive and recovered quite nicely. He was attempting yard work a couple days later. No doubt in my mind he could have had it WAY worse without being vaccinated.

As a biologist, I trust in science (although now days a bit less than before and you REALLY have to consider the source). I told folks in 2020 to not be surprised when the virus mutates and may actually turn into something worse. Its basic science..

The way I see it, you are going to get something you don't want one way or another. That something will be COVID, the vaccine, or very possibly both. I'm pro-choice and don't appreciate the efforts to cram the vaccine down people's throats. It sounds grim, but as far as I'm concerned, this is just Mother Nature regulating populations. And we could use a little fine tuning of the gene pool.