turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

REMINGTON ARMS

Started by WW, July 22, 2021, 03:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WW

When will they start making guns again? I need a new Wingmaster.

Gmed

I saw or read somewhere (can't recall where) that they should be up and running before hunting season and the 870s were to be one of the first to be brought back to production. So they better hurry if they are going to meet their expectations.....

Deputy 14

They're already in stores.

WW

Quote from: Deputy 14 on July 22, 2021, 06:50:39 PM

Which ones? I'd like to find one.

Jimspur

Quote from: WW on July 23, 2021, 09:09:28 AM
Quote from: Deputy 14 on July 22, 2021, 06:50:39 PM

Which ones? I'd like to find one.

I saw a couple models of 870's in budsgunshop.com last night.

greencop01

I'm a Remington fan and I must say the 700's and 870's looked poor quality like they don't have quality control or they don't know what the word means. Form and fit just isn't there.  :z-twocents:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

bbcoach

Here's a youtube video, from Gun News in 5 minutes or less, that I just found online.  It has July 23rd for the date.  Looks as if Scheels has the new 870 and 700's.  Seems the fit and finish is being discussed and it isn't pretty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zg07o4BprE

Crghss

Anyone know who's manufacturing them?
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

bbcoach

According to the video, they are renaming the company Rem arms and they are still manufactured in Ilion, NY.  Roundhill Group LLC is the new owner according to this article  https://www.fox5ny.com/news/remington-gun-factory-reopening-in-upstate-new-york

Meleagris gallopavo

The video on YouTube makes me disappointed.  It's like they took leftover stocks and slapped them on new receivers.  Maybe not but specs are off for sure.  I can't see how anyone would think putting guns like that on shelves was a good thing.  I hope the new owners of Remington see this video and make some changes. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

jordanz7935

Sad to see, but i cant say i expected any better. The fit and finish is terrible on the metal and wood of those guns. Im local to the Ilion NY plant, and hate to say it but they will flop again.

Greg Massey

Model 700 or the 870 sure didn't look very good at all... another big mistake in my opinion on these guns ..

Sir-diealot

From what everybody says I am lucky I got my 11-87 when I did  (very early 90's) I am told they are not made very well anymore and that they do not handle TSS well at all. I am told the older ones like mine handle it just fine though, hope the later is true, I intend to get 5 boxes of Apex #8's pretty soon and already bought the Indian Creek Choke everyone says works so well with them.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

bbcoach

Here's a follow up to the 870 vs Mossy, fit and finish at a Scheels store in Minnesota.  This was uploaded today, the 26th of July.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB2wHFGPSqM

bbcoach

Rem Arms responds  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fdD_m5_pnw  IMO, it seems that Rem Arms has utilized some previous parts from Remington to put out their latest production runs.  Trying to make some money at the expense of fit and finish issues and hoped they wouldn't get caught doing this.  Seems to me QUALITY isn't a top priority or their QUALITY Dept and/or Management needs a GOOD shake up.  If they allow fit and finish issues to slip through, what will be next (poor machining, bad receivers, bent barrels).  Make a quality product at a fair price and you will have customers for LIFE.  My 2 cents.