OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

REMINGTON ARMS

Started by WW, July 22, 2021, 03:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencop01

I've been a Remington fan since 1972 when I bought my first 1100. I must say that the last ten years or so quality went South for profit I guess. I still use my 20ga 1100 and it still is a deadly bird gun. It is the Special Field model with 21"barrel and English stock, made in the 80's. I have an 1187 12ga which I still use from 1994. My turkey gun is an 870 Turkey/Predator and is deadly on turkeys with that short barrel is sweet in a set-up. Haven't really trimmed brush and branches at all. But the guns coming out of Illion NY lately and for the last 10 or 15 years are unrecognizable as Remington products. They have to get their act together. It's like no craftsmanship and no pride in their product. I realize  that an 870 that has the soul and pizazz from the 70's might cost 800 or 900 dollars today but let's face it those guns from that era had an aura and mystique about them like the old hump backed Brownings. Well my  :z-twocents: worth.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Old Timer

I live not far from the factory. Many friends that i have worked there. It`s no longer the Remington we knew years ago. Many good craftsmen have passed threw them doors. With these investment groups it`s all about the profits. Sad thing is if the quality isn`t there the profits won`t come. That said it`s a two way street some folks want the cheapest firearm they can buy. Then when it`s a piece of crap they don`t realize they bought on the cheap. Quality cost.

Greg Massey

Regardless , how it all come out for Rem, i will still continue to support them in buying Rem 870 or whatever, because they are trying to support us hunters. IMO.. My first Remington 1100/12 ga. cost me 225 dollars brand new out the door..  I still have that gun and it has never failed to go bang, nor has any of my other Remington's .. So lets give them a chance .. IMO 

Jimspur

On a side note - Tuesday afternoon, in Waterbury Superior Court in
Connecticut, Remington offered to pay $33 million dollars to some of the
victim's families in the Sandy Hook, CT school shooting from 2012.
This is to settle their lawsuit over how the company marketed the
firearm to the public.
The settlement offers were filed a day after a judge denied Remington's
request to dismiss the lawsuit.

You can put "Remington offers 33 million" into the search engine
and you'll see it.

This won't help gun makers, or the 2nd amendment.

Old Timer

Quote from: Greg Massey on July 29, 2021, 03:13:04 PM
Regardless , how it all come out for Rem, i will still continue to support them in buying Rem 870 or whatever, because they are trying to support us hunters. IMO.. My first Remington 1100/12 ga. cost me 225 dollars brand new out the door..  I still have that gun and it has never failed to go bang, nor has any of my other Remington's .. So lets give them a chance .. IMO
That 1100 is a nice firearm. Mine is from the late 60`s and a very nice product and isn`t going anywhere. Remington was big for the economy here and I wish the best for them because it will benefit all of us.

slicksbeagles1

As stated earlier Remingtons were the guns to have good quality and all. I have a 1100 LW 20ga. my grandfather bought me around 1972 it will get passed down to my grandson when I'm gone. It is light weight and if they still made them with the same quality, 3" shell, and screw in choke I would have several. If they could duplicate the same now they would have no problem selling them and give the benelli's a run for the money