OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Needle in a haystack!

Started by Jstocks, July 28, 2021, 02:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jstocks

Some of you are aware that I like to read and collect literature on turkey hunting. I have been moving recently, and it's been months since I had time to continue my search for one that I have been missing. A lot of times, with these older books, I enjoy the chase as much as I do the read.

This past week I was browsing around and found what I knew was a chance to be a great discovery. I took a chance and placed an order with a used bookstore for what could turn out to be a great purchase if it was the book in the title. When the book arrived, it was the book I had hoped. I had found a copy of "The Greatest Moments of My Life" written by Jack Dudley.

For those who know the search, you know what a discovery this was to find at a book store, and not a private collector. What can I say, I've always been lucky!

hotspur

Cool I have never heard of it. I had a collection of upland shotgunner mags. Years ago that had turkey hunting articles from  from the 70s and 80s maybe even the 60s that had .any old timers , and duddly as well as jenkins . Wish I still had them

GobbleGitr

You did GOOOOOOOD brother!  So hard to come by that book, and around $600 when it does come up for sale.  Enjoy-he is a good storyteller, the book is written just like he talked.

Sir-diealot

I have a modest collection, after I find out if I have to move or not and I am settled in new place if I do have to move I am finally going to order myself a copy of "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills; Mississippi hill folk; the red, the white, the black, and the wild turkey" by Gene Nunnery Not what many consider a high end book but with my income it is a super high end book. Congratulations on your find.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

quavers59

Reflections,Wild Turkeys, + Public Lands is a super Rare Book if you can find it.

Gobbler-one

You truly did find a needle in a haystack. I too am a collector of Turkey Hunting Literature with an extensive collection, but your discovery still eludes me. Great find. I agree that there's nothing quite like the discovery of a long sought after title. I have had a few through the years, but they are becoming fewer and harder to come by. Congratulations on a great find and good luck with your future searches for the next rare and out of print treasure.

Thanks for posting.

3bailey3