turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NWTF Logo Change and Rebranding

Started by PalmettoRon, July 03, 2021, 07:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PalmettoRon

This may have been discussed before? I was recently made aware of the new NWTF logo and received the new Turkey Call magazine yesterday. To say I am underwhelmed is a massive understatement. I understand the goal and the need to always be looking to recruit new hunters and conservationists, but I'm afraid this will do little in that regard while not appealing to the hunters who helped fund and make the NWTF.

I am officially a "seasoned" citizen, so maybe I'm just set in my ways, but newer isn't always better--see New Coke.

One has to wonder how much money was paid for marketing for the new logo and new magazine look.

I would prefer that more money go towards research into declining turkey populations and acquiring more land for hunters through supporting conservation easements, gaining hunting access in more state parks, etc.

I am persuadable. How am I wrong in my view?

Greg Massey

Quote from: PalmettoRon on July 03, 2021, 07:55:22 PM
This may have been discussed before? I was recently made aware of the new NWTF logo and received the new Turkey Call magazine yesterday. To say I am underwhelmed is a massive understatement. I understand the goal and the need to always be looking to recruit new hunters and conservationists, but I'm afraid this will do little in that regard while not appealing to the hunters who helped fund and make the NWTF.

I am officially a "seasoned" citizen, so maybe I'm just set in my ways, but newer isn't always better--see New Coke.

One has to wonder how much money was paid for marketing for the new logo and new magazine look.

I would prefer that more money go towards research into declining turkey populations and acquiring more land for hunters through supporting conservation easements, gaining hunting access in more state parks, etc.

Yes this was discussed in detail back little over month ago on the forum, just look back thru the post under general and you will see our discussion about this topic ...

Happy

This subject was beaten pretty extensively earlier this year. If I remember correctly it revolved around a man bun wearing fellow and a hand turkey tracing someone's kid made for the new logo. Or at least I hope it was someone's kid.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Jimspur

Quote from: PalmettoRon on July 03, 2021, 07:55:22 PM

You are not wrong in your view. You just missed the thread discussing it.
If I remember correctly I think they spent $750,000 on the new logo
and the rebranding etc.

ConoverCustomCalls

That's $750000 WASTED. IMO there was nothing wrong with the logo, and Turkey Call was the old magazine. What in the crap were they thinking?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

nativeks

If you read the article they were concerned due to the average age of a NWTF member and how rapidly it went up. They also state they knew it was not sustainable. The new logo was the overwhelming favorite of folks under age 49. I am in that age range and dont care for it, but apparently I am in the minority. I feel like the data shows them they had a problem but they took the wrong route trying to fix it.

PalmettoRon

Sorry. I guess I was out of pocket when this was discussed previously and I agree that I don't see this move helping. The magazine looks like something that belongs on a coffee table, if I still had one. Happy 4th to everyone! As Tom Kelly said, July 4th 1776 was our "I quit" statement to Great Britain. It took until Oct 1781 to defeat the English. We all owe a big debt of gratitude to our ancestors who shocked the world. It's one thing to declare something, quite another to accomplish the goal.

Gooserbat

Bottom line is they (NWTF) care more about recruiting more members (dollars) than they care about turkeys and turkey hunters. Now I insert plug for TFT...
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Yoteduster

Yup they're wasting alot of money that could go to helping the turkey population IMO

Parrot Head

bobcat19

The logo is really unappealing. Kinda looks like a seahorse...

GobbleNut

Simply stated, NWTF painted themselves into a corner financially, and now they are throwing crap at a wall hoping something sticks.  I hate to see that because at one time in their existence they actually did a lot of good things for wild turkeys and turkey hunters.  Now, not so much... 

NCL

I followed the earlier thread regarding this subject but regarding the magazine I totally agree with Ron, the OP. I got the magazine yesterday and just did a quick view but it looked to contain very information. Could be wrong but just did not see much worth reading. Agree with what others have said the money would have been better spend on research and habitat improvement.

Jimspur

Quote from: GobbleNut on July 04, 2021, 09:17:23 AM
Simply stated, NWTF painted themselves into a corner financially, and now they are throwing crap at a wall hoping something sticks.  I hate to see that because at one time in their existence they actually did a lot of good things for wild turkeys and turkey hunters.  Now, not so much...

This is the shame of it all, because without the NWTF's efforts years ago,
we wouldn't have had all those turkeys to begin with.
It looks to me like they've gotten so far off the tracks, they don't even
know where the tracks are anymore.
Damn shame.

Parrot Head

They use to have a pretty good forum to on their site.   And shut it down.