OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: NWTF Logo Change and Rebranding  (Read 6377 times)

Offline Crghss

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: NWTF Logo Change and Rebranding
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2021, 08:26:55 PM »
So inform me? NWTF’s great crime is what? They’re pedophiles? They claimed there where weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? They wore white after Labor Day? Really? What?

I’ve never given a dime to NWTF. I don’t care if they folded up tent tomorrow. But this cancel culture where people hate and spew venom over nothing. A logo? That’s their great crime?

You want to see the terrible state of affairs in America today…statements in this thread are it.

One thing I learned at a very early age is people will always disappoint. The posters in thread have not let me down. 

« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 08:38:33 PM by Crghss »
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Offline Jimspur

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2021, 09:09:04 PM »
You are totally off-base. You need to take a deep breath and slow down.
It's not cancel culture - that's when you try to destroy someone or
something because you don't agree with their beliefs. I'm not trying to    destroy the NWTF. I hope they are a success. You've never given the
NWTF a dime, so what makes me different than you? You choose not
to support them financially, and I choose not to support them financially.
I'm not out here hating or spewing venom. I wish them well.

The NWTF is a conservation organization. I was a long time member of
the NWTF. I choose not to support them because over the years I didn't
like the things they were doing and the direction they were heading in.
That's called making an informed decision. That's how I decide which organizations to belong to.

That doesn't mean that I'm trying to cancel them. I'm assuming you've never been a member of the NWTF, so you don't know what went on.
I don't belong to Ducks Unlimited either, does that mean I want to cancel
them too?

That's why I say you're uninformed. You have an opinion on something you know nothing about. You should educate yourself before you jump to conclusions. You are completely off-base if you think this is over a logo.
Yeah, a lot of us, including me, made fun of the logo. Sorry if that hurt your feelings.

If you want to educate yourself on the goings on at the
NWTF, there are old threads for you to do that. Either that or talk to a  long time member.

I wish them well, I'm just going to put my money somewhere else.

I'm really sorry if I let you down. I know your pain, that's why my
best friend is a dog.

Offline Crghss

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2021, 09:21:53 PM »
I have no pain, no need to feel sorry. I’ve just learned what too expect from people. You’ve proved my point.

I’ll be sending a check to NWFT. Not just to support them. I’ll also get a chuckle out of it. Humor is the spice of life.

Offline Jimspur

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2021, 09:34:32 PM »
Didn't mean to disappoint you. I too have learned what to expect from
uninformed people. You've proved my point.

Good luck to you and the NWTF, I wish you both well.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 11:01:08 PM by Jimspur »

Offline PalmettoRon

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2021, 08:55:10 AM »
Wow Crghss,

For the record I am a longstanding and current member of the NWTF. I have no plans at this time to drop my membership, although I am planning on joining TFT also. However, I think you're way off base to launch a broadside at folks for questioning the changes in the NWTF. I hope the changes that the NWTF has made prove to successful, but if we are at a point where people can't critique an organization, person or thing objectively that is sad and not productive either. Glad you've decided to support the NWTF with your money.

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2021, 01:23:49 PM »
When your ship is sinking a new coat of paint is not what is called for. Unfortunately I think the ship is going to have to go down before certain people get the point. It isn't supposed to be about funding their cushy lifestyle.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline mikejd

• Double Beard
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2021, 08:36:32 PM »
While am not a fan of the new logo I am also not the target audience. Reading through the website they are trying to get younger hunters involved. Which is a must to keep the organization viable.

Hope it works, again reading through the website, they are doing good things.

This whole thing reminds me of what NASCAR did. They tried to make
the tracks more appealing to the younger people, to get more young
people to come to the track. They did this after they had already
alienated their core base of fans.

There's only one flaw in that logic. NASCAR forgot that the way younger
people get introduced to racing is usually by an older family member.
I think maybe the NWTF has forgotten that the way younger hunters get introduced to hunting and hunting organizations is usually by an older family member. It looks like the NWTF alienated a lot of its members in 2008 and now they've redone their image, logo, etc.,
to attract a new younger base. Maybe they don't think they can get the people that left them back. A lot of similarities to the NASCAR debacle.

I will pose one question to you Crghss - If 90% of the guys on this forum are serious turkey hunters, why wouldn't they be part of the target audience regardless of age? 

Older folks also tend to have more time and money to donate.

Jim

Could not be a better analogy. Exactly what is going on. And boy did nascar shoot themself. probably to never recover. Hope the NWTF finds there way. I will continue to stay a member while they try.

Offline timberjack86

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2021, 11:49:04 AM »
So inform me? NWTF’s great crime is what? They’re pedophiles? They claimed there where weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? They wore white after Labor Day? Really? What?

I’ve never given a dime to NWTF. I don’t care if they folded up tent tomorrow. But this cancel culture where people hate and spew venom over nothing. A logo? That’s their great crime?

You want to see the terrible state of affairs in America today…statements in this thread are it.

One thing I learned at a very early age is people will always disappoint. The posters in thread have not let me down.
They should have spent the $750 k on turkeys instead of a logo. I'm done with them too. TFT

Offline Crghss

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2021, 03:38:24 PM »
Can’t find any evidence they’ve spent 750K on a logo. I don’t think their whole advertising budget is that much.

Could be wrong. Anyone care to share that information?