OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NWTF's YouTube annocment of marketing change opinion

Started by topnotch, February 25, 2021, 08:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerhunt1988

Here is a little transparency behind NWTF financials:

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4201

The CEO only makes $319,000/yr.

Other wildlife/conservation non-profits rank a lot higher. Like QDMA (now NDA) and RMEF.

Bowguy

Quote from: Ol timer on February 26, 2021, 09:07:14 AM
I guess Joe Biden looks like a US President

Biden looks as embarrassing as the folks that voted him in. Remember not one person except maybe his wife voted for him. It was to beat Trump and I'm still not sure they did but that's past tense now. Do you hang on Biden's word or is he a poor choice for marketing in your view? That's my point. Not the man, not even what he's saying cause I ain't beginning to listen. I can respect a man for what he did. Doesn't mean I'd need to follow him though and I mean that respectfully towards him if he was what you say.
It's about marketing decisions. Somebody screwed up

slicksbeagles1

In my opinion it was a lot of wasted money! Like others have stated the money should have been spent for things that help the Turkey. They spent money on a new logo which they did not need and should have spent time learning how to represent the logo. It's funny how last year they said they were sucking wind financially and now they got enough to blow it just doesn't make sense. Sounds like someone has friends in business and decided to help them out. Who is really worth 300,000 dollars a year any where any time for what ever the profession?

deadbuck

Everybody wants more turkeys and some people think we need more hunters. With a fixed amount of land for turkeys to live on and more people than ever hunting them how can the turkey population increase? There is only one way and nobody likes the answer. The answer is shorter seasons and lesser bag limits.

albrubacker

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :agreed:
Quote from: Happy on February 25, 2021, 08:51:30 PM
Looks like someone did the old hand tracing Thanksgiving turkey thingy for the logo.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Happy

Whelp, I finally got a minute to check it out. I made it 4 minutes and have seen enough. Pretty poor performance for a rebranding effort. If I had invested money into that presentation I would be asking for my money back

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Greg Massey

So i have a question, if we lose the NWTF and this TFT fall to the wayside, what platform will we have to raise funds to save the habitat. 80 percent of the wildlife budget is from the sales of hunting and fishing licenses and  excise tax on sale of guns and ammo. So if we don't have these organizations to help make up the difference and we will lose public land easements and hunters what's the future hold? SO again for you who dislike this NWTF, what is your plan of action in helping secure these lands for future generation? I'm hearing a lot of I DON't like this or that, but i'm not hearing what YOUR plan of action would be for the future of hunting if you don't contribute to the NWTF. Way i look at it, if your not contributing or joining the NWTF, you really don't have a voice, it's like if you don't vote, you have not voice in the fight. I'm just asking, this is not to make people mad, i just want you to tell me your plan to help save the habitat and hunters. NOT all hunters have private land to hunt.

Happy

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 26, 2021, 03:45:23 PM
So i have a question, if we lose the NWTF and this TFT fall to the wayside, what platform will we have to raise funds to save the habitat. 80 percent of the wildlife budget is from the sales of hunting and fishing licenses and  excise tax on sale of guns and ammo. So if we don't have these organizations to help make up the difference and we will lose public land easements and hunters what's the future hold? SO again for you who dislike this NWTF, what is your plan of action in helping secure these lands for future generation? I'm hearing a lot of I DON't like this or that, but i'm not hearing what YOUR plan of action would be for the future of hunting if you don't contribute to the NWTF. Way i look at it, if you not a contribute or join the NWTF, you really don't have a voice, it's like if you don't vote, you have not voice in the fight. I'm just asking, this is not to make people mad, i just want you to tell me your plan to help save the habitat and hunters. NOT all hunters have private land to hunt.
I plant trees on our leases as well as my personal property. I am involved to some extent on some of our leases as far as management decisions, I buy extra nonresident tags and stamps I know I will not use(those funds go directly to the wildlife management as opposed to some fat businessman puffing a cigar and laughing at how easy it is.) I spread my hunting all over in order to not impact an area much. I teach my children and the people i take out the importance of these things.. I think I have said enough to cover the $25.00 donation the NWTF wants of mine. No thanks, I prefer to do things on my own and not make someone rich in the process.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

deadbuck

Let me predict the future for ya'll. 10 years from now some states will have to go to a draw system with preference points for turkeys. Will be just like Elk hunting in western states. Too much demand for too little resource, and the tags will be $300. Where I hunt we had more birds 25 years ago before NWTF became popular and got everybody into the sport. As a matter of fact, there were only 4 turkey hunters in the county and if you wanted to learn how you buddied up to one of them to take you. I wish it was still like that.

nativeks

Quote from: deadbuck on February 26, 2021, 04:05:59 PM
Let me predict the future for ya'll. 10 years from now some states will have to go to a draw system with preference points for turkeys. Will be just like Elk hunting in western states. Too much demand for too little resource, and the tags will be $300. Where I hunt we had more birds 25 years ago before NWTF became popular and got everybody into the sport. As a matter of fact, there were only 4 turkey hunters in the county and if you wanted to learn how you buddied up to one of them to take you. I wish it was still like that.
I think you are spot on in regards to draw only for turkeys in some regions. I see the unit I am in now going that way before too long. Funny we had lots of birds when we ran a 1 month season, without all the specialty stuff the tack on for 2 weeks before the traditional opener, then have 2 more weeks tacked on after the traditional close. But I digress...

Jimspur

So i have a question, if we lose the NWTF and this TFT fall to the wayside, what platform will we have to raise funds to save the habitat. 80 percent of the wildlife budget is from the sales of hunting and fishing licenses and  excise tax on sale of guns and ammo. So if we don't have these organizations to help make up the difference and we will lose public land easements and hunters what's the future hold? SO again for you who dislike this NWTF, what is your plan of action in helping secure these lands for future generation? I'm hearing a lot of I DON't like this or that, but i'm not hearing what YOUR plan of action would be for the future of hunting if you don't contribute to the NWTF. Way i look at it, if your not contributing or joining the NWTF, you really don't have a voice, it's like if you don't vote, you have not voice in the fight. I'm just asking, this is not to make people mad, i just want you to tell me your plan to help save the habitat and hunters. NOT all hunters have private land to hunt.

Nobody said anything bad about TFT. I'm not saying this to make you mad, but for as long as I was a member of the NWTF and supported them, I'll say whatever I damn well please, whether you think I should have a voice or not.

If you choose to hitch your wagon to the new NWTF feel free to do so, but don't berate me for choosing not to support them. I'll see where this TFT organization goes and if I like the direction they're heading in then I'll choose to support them.

It would take some work for me to trust the NWTF again. They did do a lot of great things for the wild turkey which must be acknowledged. That's why it pains me to say this.
I didn't see anything in the 21 minutes of their video I watched that makes me want to join them again. Not enough substance for me.

That's my opinion - you may disagree and that's fine too.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Jimspur on February 26, 2021, 06:57:31 PM

Nobody said anything bad about TFT. I'm not saying this to make you mad, but for as long as I was a member of the NWTF and supported them, I'll say whatever I damn well please, whether you think I should have a voice or not.

If you choose to hitch your wagon to the new NWTF feel free to do so, but don't berate me for choosing not to support them. I'll see where this TFT organization goes and if I like the direction they're heading in then I'll choose to support them.

It would take some work for me to trust the NWTF again. They did do a lot of great things for the wild turkey which must be acknowledged. That's why it pains me to say this.
I didn't see anything in the 21 minutes of their video I watched that makes me want to join them again. Not enough substance for me.

That's my opinion - you may disagree and that's fine too.
Never said anyone dislikes the TFT. i think that's great direction for the new orgainization. Opinions very and every has one if you know what i mean.. thanks for your reply.. good luck this spring.

CntrlPAlongbeard

Quote from: Happy on February 25, 2021, 08:51:30 PM
Looks like someone did the old hand tracing Thanksgiving turkey thingy for the logo.

They spent so much time thinking about the arrows and the openness of the new logo, they didn't take a step back and look at it as a whole and realize it's NOT good, and looks too rudimentary.

These marketing pros are talking about public opinion like we need to get the public's permission or approval to do what we do. We carry on this tradition of turkey hunting because we enjoy it, and to honor those who came before us. Protect the species, advocate for sportsmen; but don't tell me why we need to change just to make the public opinion more favorable. That's called pandering.
You are going to find him endlessly fascinating, occasionally easy, regularly difficult, and frequently impossible, but never dull. -Col. Tom Kelly

RiverBuck

I don't need to pad pockets of executives of a non-profit and be my voice in my world.

I do my part in turkey predator hunting year round. You don't have to own private land to join this team and getting upset about your turkey issues when you hunt 1.5 months a year for turkey then complain from behind a computer keyboard that your donation isn't helping is well... like a dog chasing its tail.

Bowguy

Quote from: RiverBuck on February 26, 2021, 08:02:28 PM
I don't need to pad pockets of executives of a non-profit and be my voice in my world.

I do my part in turkey predator hunting year round. You don't have to own private land to join this team and getting upset about your turkey issues when you hunt 1.5 months a year for turkey then complain from behind a computer keyboard that your donation isn't helping is well... like a dog chasing its tail.

Seems you're insinuating guys here are minimally invested. That's not even close to the case