turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just sent this to E M

Started by drum817, March 16, 2011, 09:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipper

The lot # from the shells I bought this year is 300488, They won't shoot with the loads I had left over from last year, unfortantly I don't have the box from last years shells. The guy I talked to I believe's name was steve, When I called he wanted me to email the problem I was having with the shells so I did and he called me back about a week later and said they did not know what the problem would be because nothing had changed except they where using a different powder. Here is his email address slitrakis@hevishot.com

shootumindaface

Quote from: chipper on March 16, 2011, 08:23:25 PM
The lot # from the shells I bought this year is 300488, They won't shoot with the loads I had left over from last year, unfortantly I don't have the box from last years shells. The guy I talked to I believe's name was steve, When I called he wanted me to email the problem I was having with the shells so I did and he called me back about a week later and said they did not know what the problem would be because nothing had changed except they where using a different powder. Hereks his email address Slitrakis@hevishot.com
Great info Chipper.. Nothing changed except the powder, well its something changed LOL

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: pullit on March 16, 2011, 08:15:57 PM
Quote from: Reloader on March 16, 2011, 05:51:53 PM

John, Remember those old green and bronze 1-3/4oz loads that were "the exact same" according to EM?

I had forgotten about those. They told me at the NWTF show in Nashville that the only difference in those two loads was the color of the plastic in the hull!!!! When I called BS, they got pissed and told me I did not know what I was talking about, until I told them I had cut them apart, then they stopped talking to me all together.

reminds me of a little over a year ago when I emailed them about inconsistencies I was finding between lot #s on the hevi 6s, I shot about 10 boxes in each lot # to know what I was talking about.
They basically told me to pound sand and never responded to my email response.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

shootumindaface

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on March 16, 2011, 08:32:15 PM
Quote from: pullit on March 16, 2011, 08:15:57 PM
Quote from: Reloader on March 16, 2011, 05:51:53 PM

John, Remember those old green and bronze 1-3/4oz loads that were "the exact same" according to EM?

I had forgotten about those. They told me at the NWTF show in Nashville that the only difference in those two loads was the color of the plastic in the hull!!!! When I called BS, they got pissed and told me I did not know what I was talking about, until I told them I had cut them apart, then they stopped talking to me all together.
Its the fact their a bunch of morons and do not know what is being loaded.. Same thing I went through..

reminds me of a little over a year ago when I emailed them about inconsistencies I was finding between lot #s on the hevi 6s, I shot about 10 boxes in each lot # to know what I was talking about.
They basically told me to pound sand and never responded to my email response.

chipper

I shot the Winchester Xrhd from 2005 till 2009, If I had not bought 5 boxes of the Hevi #7 for this year I would go back to the Winnies, The patterns I'm getting will kill birds but they just are not as devasting as last years patterns in either one of my guns, they've jumped from 155 to 265 in my super x3 and last year in my 870 I shot a 308 and can barely break 200 this year, something is amiss! I truly wish Winchester would come out with a #7 XRHD

Cutt

Am I reading into this thread correctly? After, all the hype about Hevi-13 over the years, I finally bought some to try. And now it's not worth shooting or buying?

chipper

What is the lot # El Diablo, I also bought mine from cheaper than dirt and -kve got the same problem, mine is 300488 look on the inside lid of the boX

Gobble!

Quote from: el diablo on March 16, 2011, 09:09:48 PM
Well I been reading this all day, so when I got home from work I blew threw a box of hevi-13 7's 3.5".  This is a new box that I got this year from cheaperthandirt.  Last year when I shot my browning gold with 24" barrel with IC .675, IC .665, and a PG .670 and  i was averaging over 300 hits with a high of 320.  Today i shot 3 different chokes PG .670, PG tempest .670, and a kicks GT .675.  I shot 2 times with brand new Tempest and got in the 160's.  I shot once with the ported PG and got in the 160's again.  I shot the Kicks and got 185.   All the patterns would kill a turkey, but hard to stomach the huge drop off.  Also, fired last round thru a mossberg 835 with 20" barrel and a stardot .676 choke and got 200 hits.  The temperature was 62 and winds were light.  I can try to post pics if anyone is interested.  Waaay disappointed.

SKFOOTER

I bought 3 boxes of the 3.5 inch 2 1/4 ounce #7 loads from from Macks Prarie Wings last month and their lot number is also #300488.  And they will not pattern as good as last year's loads--Lot #300325.   But the 3 boxes of the 3 inch 2 ounce #7's that I also bought from MPW last month had the same lot # as my loads from last year--#200778.  Hevi Shot has definitely changed something in the 2 1/4 ounce shell!!!  But, for them, it's par for the course.  They will never learn!! :help:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Ok guys, there is power in numbers.  So let's all get one big email with all of our names on it and tell them we demand that they answer to their customers needs and make a great shooting load and leave it the the heck alone and stop tinkering and changing things or we will take our business elsewhere.  If we get enough people on a list, they will heed our warnings.  I say they start loading them like the old white hulls that shot so good from what I have been told.  And let's tell them to get the dang speed up to 1200fps while we are at it.   :icon_thumright:

chipper

I've got a box of 3 inch coming from Midsouth in the next day or so and I'll post the lot number from them, Maybe we do need to make a thread for lot numbers and we can keep up with this info, I know something is amiss now and I'm not happy about it, Come On Winchester with those 7"s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chipper

3 people with the same lot number and same results, Looks like Stuart at IC was on the money to me.  What shells I had left from last year were in my vest and I don't have the box anymore but sure wished I did now.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I just posted this at the Hevi-Shot forum.  Had to join in on the fun.  Mine starts after the line.  

slickyboy wrote:
tim.peterson wrote:
PS~How do you make World Class Ammunition perform BETTER?

Use a High Quality after market choke. The Hevishot chokes will do OK, and will thow pretty good hunting patterns, but an Indian Creek or Pure Gold will consistently throw better patterns downrange.

Indian Creek has won the last 19 of 24 still shoots since 2006 and set 2 world records, this is of course paired with Hevi-13 ammo. I am not aware of any of the Hevi chokes winning any shoots, only the ammunition.

That is exactly right. That is the the truth. The Hevi-Shot chokes don't shoot as good period. Saying differently is like trying to say that Environ-Metal won't screw up a great shooting load by tinkering and changing crap and then telling their cutomers otherwise that the loads are the exact same. Now if you guys keep on playing behind our backs, your gonna end up hurting your own pocketbooks for we will take our business to Winchester and shoot Xtended Range. It's that simple. Guys on other forums including myself are tired of the discrepencies in your Hevi-13 loads.

SKFOOTER

Is it just me or does it seem very coincidental that Hevi-Shot is offering up to a $20 rebate this year when we're finding out there was a possible component change in their loadings??

LeviSS

Quote from: Cutt on March 16, 2011, 08:52:25 PM
Am I reading into this thread correctly? After, all the hype about Hevi-13 over the years, I finally bought some to try. And now it's not worth shooting or buying?

I'm in the same boat.  I bought a box of #6 and two boxes of #7.  My lot #'s are 200807 for the #7's, so hopefully they'll be ok.

What kind of numbers should I consider good for 3" #7's?