OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Just sent this to E M

Started by drum817, March 16, 2011, 09:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKFOOTER

Quote from: LeviSS on March 16, 2011, 09:56:40 PM
Quote from: Cutt on March 16, 2011, 08:52:25 PM
Am I reading into this thread correctly? After, all the hype about Hevi-13 over the years, I finally bought some to try. And now it's not worth shooting or buying?

I'm in the same boat.  I bought a box of #6 and two boxes of #7.  My lot #'s are 200807 for the #7's, so hopefully they'll be ok.

What kind of numbers should I consider good for 3" #7's?
Thru what gun and choke??

LeviSS

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 16, 2011, 10:02:43 PM
Quote from: LeviSS on March 16, 2011, 09:56:40 PM
Quote from: Cutt on March 16, 2011, 08:52:25 PM
Am I reading into this thread correctly? After, all the hype about Hevi-13 over the years, I finally bought some to try. And now it's not worth shooting or buying?

I'm in the same boat.  I bought a box of #6 and two boxes of #7.  My lot #'s are 200807 for the #7's, so hopefully they'll be ok.

What kind of numbers should I consider good for 3" #7's?
Thru what gun and choke??

Benelli M2 with Puregold .670

S.C.C

OH NO!!! I guess I'd better hang onto my H13 stash and start handloading!!Dang I forgot I already do
that and only shoot paper with the H13 factory stuff!! ;D

SKFOOTER

I'd say 200-250 pellets in a 40 yard 10" circle.  

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

LeviSS

Thanks guys.  I bore sighted a couple weeks ago and plan to do some testing within the next week.  Season starts in about a month.  I hope they shoot well, since I bought two boxes, I hate to spend the money on the Winchester Ext. Range, too.  Ammo's getting expensive.

3.5inchpainfulldeath

Good thing i have 4 boxes from 2010....

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 16, 2011, 10:36:31 PM
Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 16, 2011, 09:50:45 PM
I just posted this at the Hevi-Shot forum.  Had to join in on the fun.  Mine starts after the line.  

slickyboy wrote:
tim.peterson wrote:
PS~How do you make World Class Ammunition perform BETTER?

Use a High Quality after market choke. The Hevishot chokes will do OK, and will thow pretty good hunting patterns, but an Indian Creek or Pure Gold will consistently throw better patterns downrange.

Indian Creek has won the last 19 of 24 still shoots since 2006 and set 2 world records, this is of course paired with Hevi-13 ammo. I am not aware of any of the Hevi chokes winning any shoots, only the ammunition.

That is exactly right. That is the the truth. The Hevi-Shot chokes don't shoot as good period. Saying differently is like trying to say that Environ-Metal won't screw up a great shooting load by tinkering and changing crap and then telling their cutomers otherwise that the loads are the exact same. Now if you guys keep on playing behind our backs, your gonna end up hurting your own pocketbooks for we will take our business to Winchester and shoot Xtended Range. It's that simple. Guys on other forums including myself are tired of the discrepencies in your Hevi-13 loads.

You and my alternate alias will be thrown off by tomorrow! :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

They kicked both my original account, and shootum off, and deleted all of our posts on top of that.

That will be fine by me.  I don't think I'm going to be buying any Hevi-13 loads in the near future if I keep getting the same issues I have seen lately. 

I couldn't let my partners in crime take all the heat.   :z-guntootsmiley:

Fullfan

True shame if you guys are true about the new #7 Hevi. I just checked my stock from last year. I have 4 boxes of the 3.5 #7 with a lot # of 300324, 4 boxes of 3" 7 with a lot # of 200807 and 3 boxes of 3" mag blends with a lot # of 200788.
Not planning on buying anymore of the Hevi, got both my rigs shooting the fed HW for this year. I know that the Fed HW do not put up the numbers that the hevi #7 once did. But I am happy with 150 @ 40 in the 10.

Going to set back and watch how EM responds to this, I hope they set up and pay attention....
:z-paddy-smiley113:
Don't gobble at me...

hobbes

You boys and your ammo woes are just downright enteraining!

Better get this straigtened out soon, or won't a one of you be packing out a bird this year unless you shoot him twice.   :TooFunny:

Considering the fact that you may have just blown the IC choke out of your barrel with the first round of H13 that second round probably won't go off. 

I hope your Gobble Lounger don't fail..........you won't even be able to get up and run him down. :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

jtg88

I've got two boxes of Hevi 3.5" #7s from this year and if they suck then I'm jumping on the Nitro train again.  They might cost a lot but when I pull the trigger it won't be wondering if this is a good patterning shell or bad patterning shell.

Mossy517

Quote from: jtg88 on March 17, 2011, 03:48:10 PM
I've got two boxes of Hevi 3.5" #7s from this year and if they suck then I'm jumping on the Nitro train again.  They might cost a lot but when I pull the trigger it won't be wondering if this is a good patterning shell or bad patterning shell.

:agreed: :agreed: :agreed: :agreed: :agreed: :agreed:
HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well my post is still there, and my account is still standing. 

swampy

Well lot 3 1/2 7's #300847 from cabelas are horrible compared to last years . Last years numbers out of indian creek 660 nefi single shot was 260 - 280 well i got 184 this year which is still good but not what i worked for other shell's will put up those number's to. Its a shame all my friends were switching this year and now they arent gonna see the real deal shell's.
CLUCK, YELP, BOOM.

Turkey Terror

So which lot numbers are patterning good for you guys?