News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just sent this to E M

Started by drum817, March 16, 2011, 09:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

Quote from: swampy on March 17, 2011, 05:15:29 PM
Well lot 3 1/2 7's #300847 from cabelas are horrible compared to last years . Last years numbers out of indian creek 660 nefi single shot was 260 - 280 well i got 184 this year which is still good but not what i worked for other shell's will put up those number's to. Its a shame all my friends were switching this year and now they arent gonna see the real deal shell's.

great. thanks em

LeviSS

Quote from: Fullfan on March 17, 2011, 01:54:07 PM
True shame if you guys are true about the new #7 Hevi. I just checked my stock from last year. I have 4 boxes of the 3.5 #7 with a lot # of 300324, 4 boxes of 3" 7 with a lot # of 200807 and 3 boxes of 3" mag blends with a lot # of 200788.
Not planning on buying anymore of the Hevi, got both my rigs shooting the fed HW for this year. I know that the Fed HW do not put up the numbers that the hevi #7 once did. But I am happy with 150 @ 40 in the 10.

Going to set back and watch how EM responds to this, I hope they set up and pay attention....
:z-paddy-smiley113:

So, the 3" #7 with lot # 200807 are from last year?  I really hope so, casue that's what I bought. 

chipper

Well, I sent EM an Email earlier in the week to the address I posted last night and have yet to recieve an answer, I Decided to call this morning and  got hold of the man I talked to last time and asked again if there was any component changes from last year, He told me No there was not, When I reminded him that he had told me there was a powder change he denied saying it but said maybe there was a primer change, then told me he would have to ask the president of the company and production manager to be sure, I honestly believe they"ve changed something, He took my address, phone number and my email address and said he would get back to me within the week so I guess I'll sit back and wait.  I also give him the lot # and told him I was not the only one complaining about that lot of ammo.
<

swampy

Insert Quote 
Well, I sent EM an Email earlier in the week to the address I posted last night and have yet to recieve an answer, I Decided to call this morning and  got hold of the man I talked to last time and asked again if there was any component changes from last year, He told me No there was not, When I reminded him that he had told me there was a powder change he denied saying it but said maybe there was a primer change, then told me he would have to ask the president of the company and production manager to be sure, I honestly believe they"ve changed something, He took my address, phone number and my email address and said he would get back to me within the week so I guess I'll sit back and wait.  I also give him the lot # and told him I was not the only one complaining about that lot of ammo.

Thats just dirty low down crap. They apparently don't know oldgobbler.com is the premier pattern testing board out there and dont know that we count every little hole. We notice the diffference it's obvious. First off why change a thing. If so let the costumer know instead of ruining your image. We should have a press conference and pound the truth out of there.
CLUCK, YELP, BOOM.

swampy

Ive got a post up trying to find the good and bad lot numbers feel free to post your finding. post name - help guys
CLUCK, YELP, BOOM.

Old Gobbler

Guys , Ill lend my thoughts on this issue if there is one

First off , There may be or may not be some variations in lot #'s - I don't know , and given the multitude of variations it is difficult to pin it down without shooting a whole load of that expensive ammo -  the same ammo that you shot , and shot amazing ..... well.... the well advised hunter should have u-turned right back to the store right there and then and  cleared out the shelf of that lot - you would be set for years with no " turkey ammo supply anxiety "

We all know that some turkey ammo is hard to get a hold of and production runs can be cut abruptly - Kinda like these wine collectors that have cellars full of their favorite vintage , a serious turkey gun shooter that finds a winning combo is well advised to stock up on their winning combo - if you find something you like and you are well informed like most of the guys here , and you didn't buy a few boxes you were only kidding yourself thinking that Bass Pro was going to order enough of yours and everyone favorite season after season- heck I can hardly get them to get good duck ammo so I just order by the case and be done with it  - not to brag but I have enough 10 gauge ammo to last forever -

I remember my good ol' dad back in the day  complaining on how he couldn't find his favorite Remington duplex loads at the store - who's fault was it ...my dads he didn't buy enough - same goes for the guys that didn't buy up enough polywad or whatever old whites -- you snooze you loose

find what you like and buy plenty   EM, Nitro , Winchester  or whoever will thank you , trust me - Ive talked to several of the people at these companies and they are very nice people , and they check in here too... please when you post avoid saying derogatory things about them cause it paints people in a bad light - I am not responsible for what others say elsewhere , be respectful -

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

woodchip

I just patterned some 3.5  2.25 oz #7s this year for the first time and was wondering why I didn't get the numbers in my 870 SM like others have.  The barrel is polished and I only got 168 with a .660 Jellyhead.  Put the old StarDot in and got 210.  Both were in a 10" circle at 40yds.  I'll check my lot# when I get home and post it.  The shells were bought from Mack's this year.  I guess I may have found my answer.  I would switch if Winchester  would make a 3.5" #7 in the Extended Range HDs.

shootumindaface

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 17, 2011, 09:32:32 PM

First off , There may be or may not be some variations in lot #'s - I don't know , and given the multitude of variations it is difficult to pin it down without shooting a whole load of that expensive ammo -  the same ammo that you shot , and shot amazing ..... well.... the well advised hunter should have u-turned right back to the store right there and then and  cleared out the shelf of that lot - you would be set for years with no " turkey ammo supply anxiety "

We all know that some turkey ammo is hard to get a hold of and production runs can be cut abruptly - Kinda like these wine collectors that have cellars full of their favorite vintage , a serious turkey gun shooter that finds a winning combo is well advised to stock up on their winning combo - if you find something you like and you are well informed like most of the guys here , and you didn't buy a few boxes you were only kidding yourself thinking that Bass Pro was going to order enough of yours and everyone favorite season after season- heck I can hardly get them to get good duck ammo so I just order by the case and be done with it  - not to brag but I have enough 10 gauge ammo to last forever -

I remember my good ol' dad back in the day  complaining on how he couldn't find his favorite Remington duplex loads at the store - who's fault was it ...my dads he didn't buy enough - same goes for the guys that didn't buy up enough polywad or whatever old whites -- you snooze you loose

find what you like and buy plenty  EM, Nitro , Winchester  or whoever will thank you , trust me - Ive talked to several of the people at these companies and they are very nice people , and they check in here too... please when you post avoid saying derogatory things about them cause it paints people in a bad light - I am not responsible for what others say elsewhere , be respectful -

Shannon it should not have to be this way.. And if a component change is necessary they should inform the first person that asks and have an explanation of why it happened instead of beating around the bush.. Above you was a post where a member was told one thing and than told another by the same guy a few days later.

As for derogatory comments.. I really did not appreciate being called a liar in other words over the phone when I had 40 or 50 other qualified shooters stating the same thing over the 20g load change a few years back.. I sure hope they check in as you say, as they will understand what a dedicated group of shooters they are dealing with..

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 17, 2011, 10:34:59 PM
Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 17, 2011, 09:32:32 PM

First off , There may be or may not be some variations in lot #'s - I don't know , and given the multitude of variations it is difficult to pin it down without shooting a whole load of that expensive ammo -  the same ammo that you shot , and shot amazing ..... well.... the well advised hunter should have u-turned right back to the store right there and then and  cleared out the shelf of that lot - you would be set for years with no " turkey ammo supply anxiety "

We all know that some turkey ammo is hard to get a hold of and production runs can be cut abruptly - Kinda like these wine collectors that have cellars full of their favorite vintage , a serious turkey gun shooter that finds a winning combo is well advised to stock up on their winning combo - if you find something you like and you are well informed like most of the guys here , and you didn't buy a few boxes you were only kidding yourself thinking that Bass Pro was going to order enough of yours and everyone favorite season after season- heck I can hardly get them to get good duck ammo so I just order by the case and be done with it  - not to brag but I have enough 10 gauge ammo to last forever -

I remember my good ol' dad back in the day  complaining on how he couldn't find his favorite Remington duplex loads at the store - who's fault was it ...my dads he didn't buy enough - same goes for the guys that didn't buy up enough polywad or whatever old whites -- you snooze you loose

find what you like and buy plenty  EM, Nitro , Winchester  or whoever will thank you , trust me - Ive talked to several of the people at these companies and they are very nice people , and they check in here too... please when you post avoid saying derogatory things about them cause it paints people in a bad light - I am not responsible for what others say elsewhere , be respectful -

Shannon it should not have to be this way.. And if a component change is necessary they should inform the first person that asks and have an explanation of why it happened instead of beating around the bush.. Above you was a post where a member was told one thing and than told another by the same guy a few days later.

As for derogatory comments.. I really did not appreciate being called a liar in other words over the phone when I had 40 or 50 other qualified shooters stating the same thing over the 20g load change a few years back.. I sure hope they check in as you say, as they will understand what a dedicated group of shooters they are dealing with..
I understand where your coming from shootum, I had the same response from them through email, Ive shot enough of their shells to know better, these are few empties I had sitting around the barn, Im done with them.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

ILIKEHEVI-13

Dang your stash was bigger than mine. 

Well I'm about done with them too. 

Can I put in for a name change? 

shootumindaface

Anybody in the know dare  to send someone in the know there a email with a link to these threads and dare them to respond....

I betcha they would think wow, who cares about them.. But they do not realize us on these board(s) are the ones who created, sold, referred and are the market for the 7s..

bird

Hey guys.... I believe what Shannon was trying to say in a very polite way as to live with it and drop it.  And I can guarantee you that he does not want anyone tying OG with any complaints over EM. 

shootumindaface

Your right Bird.. IC should have never pointed out the obvious,

Old Gobbler

Al ,said it well ---

I am not responsible for what others say elsewhere , I can not speak for any other company behalf or imply  -  Like wise ....  other people should not speak for me/ oldgobbler.com or try or imply and represent in any said manner -

Back to the subject at hand - If you love Château Lafite Rothschild circa 1973 Bordeaux Red Wine - best buy up a case of it  - you cant find it anywhere after drinking down or squandering  all your good stuff and failing to secure a few backup bottles , you don't go down to the vineyard and call the wine masters there uneducated simpletons - the "Old white" story is well fabled and not to throw shame upon those familiar with it , they should have stocked up

I cant speak for others but I recently purchased a 25 count box of 10 gauge ammo - to augment my healthy reserve of ammo ... what did I do - { after zeroing in with cheep ammo long ago } I shot exactly 1 round into paper at 40 yards  and put the gun back in the case - I wont bore you with numbers , it shot  plenty good to kill any gobbler around these parts - since Sunday past I am now down to 23 shells in that box -- its got to last - In my opinion ammo that runs 6-9 dollars a round is not for plinking - if it shoots well ,  buy up a butt load of it and keep it tucked away 

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

stinkpickle

Weird...it appears that the lot number (200778) on the boxes I bought last year (from Midway USA) just happens to match the number on the boxes I bought this year (from CheaperThanDirt).  Hopefully, I lucked out.