OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

USPS

Started by davisd9, June 16, 2020, 01:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Has anyone else had trouble with USPS here lately?  I have understood the one day delays here and there because of the current situation with the virus and everything, but many of the packages are not getting scanned to give you details of where they currently are.  I mailed a package last Monday that was supposed to be delivered Friday, not only has it not been delivered it is just say it is in transit and it is dated June 13 for that.  I have a package that was mailed Friday to be here yesterday and it has gone to three different facilities in Atlanta and finally got to Charlotte around 11:30 so hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow.  I can understand some delays but things seem to be getting worse rather than improve as things are opening back up.  Guess it is mostly a rant.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Chris O

I haven't had too many problems but my rural mail carrier told me he went from a normal 20 to 30 packages a day to over 150. He said his crew cab Silverado is completely full every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ctrize

I have had one package damaged and only two delayed since Covid  began. I mail inexpensive media mail and expect an occasional glitch. As far as media mail goes their delivery dates has not changed but the do give a disclaimer saying there may be a variance in the date it arrives.

rakkin6

Honestly I really haven't had any issues so far shipping or receiving. I have noticed that all carriers have raised their prices though. Which is actually a little surprising considering most people were sending and receiving products through the mail during the Wuhan Flu overreaction.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

troutfisher13111

Around here both UPS and FedEx have started renting cargo trucks from Uhaul and Enterprise to keep up with all the packages. Being a government ran business I'd bet USPS is struggling with not being able to do the same.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

guesswho

I've had a couple issues.  One package took 2 days to get from Georgia to Detroit.  Then another 9 days to go the other 60 miles. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Sir-diealot

More problems with Fed-Ex than with USPS
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

Yes, slow because of on line buying, covid, and short handed.
"Solo hunter"

gaswamp

once it leaves the usps processing facility it is in the hands of fed ex, ups and regular airlines to get to the next usps processing facility.  USPS does not have an air fleet

Jrkimbrough

Usps tracking updates have always been terrible. A box call I recently bought on here took about a week and a half to get vs the 3 day anticipated time

All shipping stuff has been a nightmare since covid started. I manage the parts dept at an Ag dealer and its been nothing but problems since spring.

Fedex/ups no longer have money bk guarantees on next day shipment as well

One of my big customers does the maintenance at the Fedex hub in Memphis and they are saying its busier than the normal Christmas rush due to everyone shopping online due to not wanting to go in stores

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

I ship around 300 packages per year through USPS.  They usually loose one or two.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

captpete

I haven't had any trouble with the USPS other than I had a package that was delayed  one day because of the protests in the area of the distribution center when the package located. I know one of local UPS drivers and he says this is the busiest he has ever been. It is worse than any Christmas that he can remember. 

rgref522

no problems in north central wi

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

davisd9

Thankfully my package in Atlanta has made it to Charlotte. It would be hard to replace the call if lost or damaged. I really hope something will come up with the package I sent last Monday.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Southerngobbler

The system is defiantly whacked. I have a box call that checked into a "hub" 60 miles from here 6 days ago. Usually you would expect to receive it on the very next day. I got a few other items that are lost or way over due out there right now. I guess its to be expected with all that's going on right now.