turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TN Turkey Limit Thread

Started by LRD, May 12, 2020, 08:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LRD

For the guys commenting on TN in the state limit thread, now is the time to voice your opinion to the TWRA and the TN Wildlife Commission.  They may not make a change or follow what you want but at least you can say that you voiced your concerns.  See below some info:

The TN Wildlife Commission will be voting at the end of May on the 21 & 22 Spring seasons.  The TWRA has recommended to reduce the limit to two and push the season back two weeks in Southern Middle TN counties and MS River border counties.  The rest of the state is recommended to stay the same.  I believe that the limit should be reduced statewide and sent info in last week via the avenues below.

The proposals for the next two seasons can be found at the link below:

https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/twra/documents/hunting/2020-22-season-updates.pdf

The actual meeting can be found on youtube via the link below.  Around the hour and 57 min mark is where they talk about turkeys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy5EbwkDjjY

1) TWRA is requesting input on these proposals until 5/15. You can send an email to Twra.huntingcomments@tn.gov. with the title "Hunting Season Comments."

2) Now is time to email the commissioners with your comments. They make the final vote on the seasons and do look at the comments. Their email and info can be found here.

https://www.tn.gov/content/tn/twra/tennessee-fish-wildlife-commission.html#meet

3) Normally they allow public participation at these meetings which usually has more pull than anything but really not sure how they will do this with the virus going around.

Cowboy

Just sent my comments in. Thanks.

timberjack86

Done for the second time this year. Would love to see a 2 bird limit.

dzsmith

how I wish this would happen in Mississippi . TN has better bird numbers and harvests more birds and you guys are already considering dropping the limit...they'll become extinct in ms before any changes are made.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

J-Shaped

At this point, them doing something, anything, would be better than what they've been doing the past decade. The attitude seems to be, if things look good around Nashville, they must be the same across the state. The state is so geographically and ecologically diverse from the western river bottoms to the eastern mountains, and for the state to manage with a one-size fits all approach...........well, it just leaves you scratching your head.

J-Shaped

Quote from: dzsmith on May 12, 2020, 11:41:59 AM
how I wish this would happen in Mississippi . TN has better bird numbers and harvests more birds and you guys are already considering dropping the limit...they'll become extinct in ms before any changes are made.

Yeah, in the email I wrote you could basically replace Tennessee with Mississippi and the same would be true.

TN may have better numbers in some areas, but I can assure you the majority of the state is not what you see on all the YouTube channels. My area and NW Mississippi are merely a shell of what they were 10-15 years ago.

cutt down

Sent my comments to my commissioner.

LRD

shatcher

I emailed TWRA and called a couple of commissioners.  I hope the commissioners don't allow one commissioner from Nashville to run roughshod over them.  That's the way he rolls.

J-Shaped

I got a pretty well written response from my local commissioner within an hour of me sending something, which I thought was nice.

tnanh

I sent my comments in about a week ago. Im all for the two bird limit. I have sent my comments in for the last 10 years and nothing has been done. The idiots at the twrc want to continue considering non resident revenue. What they dont seem to understand that if they don't manage for the resource and only the resource there will not be enough turkeys left to generate any revenue at all. They are so short term minded in their ideas it is unbelievable. They sure tooted their own horn for years when they restored the wild turkey in Tennessee but have taken no responsibility in the apparent demise of the population in a lot of areas. I guess this is what happens when the governor appoints commissioners or politicians to take care of our wild game.

timberjack86

Sent in my request for a 2 bird limit. IMO anyone who cares about the future of TN turkey hunting, resident or nonresident should send twra there opinions too!

drake799

I sent mine in.   First time I've ever done anything like that.  Really have my doubts anything will change but

AppalachianHollers

Does East Tennessee really need a 2-bird limit? I imagine the number of hunters taking in excess of 2 birds a season around here is already quite low, and it seems our numbers are pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk