OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's your State Gobbler Limit ?

Started by Greg Massey, May 08, 2020, 09:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Tennessee spring season limit is 4 .. Do you think your State Limit is too much or too less ? Can you buy extra tags in your state with limit of number of tags in Tennessee we cannot.  What do you think of your Spring limits?

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

In Miss our limit is 3. I think 3 is enough. We cannot buy extra tags.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

fallhnt

1 per permit. 3 max. IL

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

bbcoach

NC is 2 bearded birds.  1 per day, 2 per season.  Youth can only kill 1 bird per youth week.  No Fall season.  2 birds is a gracious plenty with 29 days to hunt. 

Ozarks Hillbilly

Missouri is a limit of 2. The first week your only allowed one bird Gobbler,Jake or bearded Hen. You have to wait until the second Monday to take your second bird. Same with a youth that harvest a bird during youth weekend. If you don't harvest a bird the first week you can harvest both birds consecutively in the second or third weeks of season but not on the same day. We can hunt until 13:00 each day. They set the season to open the closest Monday to the 16th of April. MDC added a third week to the season several years back now and did away with check stations for Turkey and Deer. They use a tele check system and they also have a app for that. I think that the 2 bird limit is fine. We have had several wet springs in a row that resulted in bad hatches.I think that our total numbers of birds has decreased over the last several years. Mostly because of wet weather  and loss of habitat.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

Missouri - two bearded turkeys, only one per day, and only one tag can be used in the first week. Therefore if you kill on opening Monday you are waiting until the following Monday to try and fill the second tag. No hunting past 1pm and a relatively quick 21 day season with a 2 day youth weekend before season.

Kansas - most of the state is one bearded turkey, with the exception of the NW zones being two bearded turkeys, long and generous 46 day shotgun season, with a 10 day early archery, and 5 day youth/disabled season to start off the spring.

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Yoteduster

Utah is one long beard a year..it should be 2

countryboy3006

Kentucky has a 2 bird limit 1 per day in the spring and 4 bird 1 per day fall season.  In the fall you can only take 2 with a shotgun during the 2 separate 1 week gun seasons, the other 2 have to be with a bow which runs from September to January and of the 4 only 1 can have a beard longer than 3 in.

Bennett

I think we need to lower the limit in TN to two

suburbhunter

Maryland Spring Season is 2 bearded birds, gobbler, hen or jake. 1 per day, 2 per season. 5 week season. Just right IMO, although I'd rather see no hens period.
There is also a one week fall season in 3 counties. 1 bird either sex, I believe.
A statewide 3 day winter season in January. 1 bird either sex.

Turkeytider

Quote from: countryboy3006 on May 08, 2020, 11:03:09 AM
Kentucky has a 2 bird limit 1 per day in the spring and 4 bird 1 per day fall season.  In the fall you can only take 2 with a shotgun during the 2 separate 1 week gun seasons, the other 2 have to be with a bow which runs from September to January and of the 4 only 1 can have a beard longer than 3 in.

Gee, I wonder if Kentucky W&F can figure out a way to make that a bit more complicated?

Happy

I like the limits that WV and MD have set. 2 gobblers per spring. I do wish that the use of rifles was illegal in Wv but it is what it is. All I can do is email the DNR and complain about it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

johnski

I live in Connecticut were the limit is 5 bearded birds in the spring and 3 of anything in the fall.  This is new this year as the spring limit used to be 2 birds on state land and 3 on private, so you could still get 5 but not all in one place.  I think that limit is too high.  Three would be more then enough and 2 even better.  It boggles the mind why they set it at 5 as according last years hunter survey 88% of respondents said they would be satisfied with a 3 bird limit. 
I also hunt New York and Rhode Island.  New York has a 2 bird spring limit and 1 in the fall and Rhode Island is 2 in the spring if you buy two permits (only one can come from public land) and RI has a 1 bird fall archery only season.  I don't hunt Mass but last time I checked Mass was 2 bird yearly limit ( 2 could be taken in the spring or 1 in the spring and 1 in the fall, you just couldn't use both tags in the fall.

Turkeytider

Quote from: guesswho on May 08, 2020, 10:49:05 AM
GA-3
AL-5

I think the differences in the population estimates, and I suppose the resulting limits, differ as much as they do between two adjacent states is more than a little interesting. I`m sure there`s one published somewhere, but I`d like to see a scientifically/biologically based explanation.