Main Menu

What's your State Gobbler Limit ?

Started by Greg Massey, May 08, 2020, 09:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboy

Quote from: fallhnt on May 08, 2020, 10:25:45 AM
1 per permit. 3 max. IL

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
[/quote I usually get 3 permits but I'm fine with getting one or 2. Wish they would reduce it to 2 tags. However, good ol JB reduced it for us this year.  :angry9:

Brs2427

3 annually in Virginia, three bearded birds in spring. Two tags can be hens or gobblers in fall. But if you shoot fall birds it takes away from what you can kill in the spring. I would be happy with two birds with one in the fall, and I don't like that rifles are legal fall or spring.

trkehunr93

Quote from: Brs2427 on May 08, 2020, 01:07:38 PM
3 annually in Virginia, three bearded birds in spring. Two tags can be hens or gobblers in fall. But if you shoot fall birds it takes away from what you can kill in the spring. I would be happy with two birds with one in the fall, and I don't like that rifles are legal fall or spring.

I agree.  Two tags for spring with one of them a fall tag.  Our regs also state no shot larger than No. 2 fine shot, don't know of anyone still hunting them with that size load.  The "r" word is a touchy one, in 26 years I've only encountered 4 hunters with rifles but it still made me feel uneasy.

Happy

Quote from: trkehunr93 on May 08, 2020, 01:17:46 PM
Quote from: Brs2427 on May 08, 2020, 01:07:38 PM

I agree.  Two tags for spring with one of them a fall tag.  Our regs also state no shot larger than No. 2 fine shot, don't know of anyone still hunting them with that size load.  The "r" word is a touchy one, in 26 years I've only encountered 4 hunters with rifles but it still made me feel uneasy.
It's the exact opposite in my experience hunting West virginia. In 15 years I have run into exactly 3 fellows carrying shotguns. The rest where rifles. One of those fellows carrying a shotgun had a buddy carrying a .223 "in case they hang up." was the explanation I received.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

7shooter

As mentioned, 3  bearded birds in the Spring in VA. Absolutely hate that rifles are legal in the Spring, had someone come in on me carrying an AR.

johnski

Hunting in areas with riffles would make me really uneasy especially on public land.

RutnNStrutn

I hunt in FLA & SC mainly. FLA has been 2 birds for as long as I can remember.
SC used to be 5, then they dropped it to 3, then this year they dropped it to 2 for non-residents and 3 for residents. They cited reduced turkey populations for their decision, which makes absolutely no sense because there are more resident hunters than non-residents. They also started charging non-residents $100 for turkey tags when historically they were free. The decision was about money, not turkeys.

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

sswv

Quote from: Zeke6685 on May 08, 2020, 11:38:43 AM
WV is 2 bearded turkeys in the spring, and one of either sex in the fall. I like these limits, but like Happy said, I'd love to see them outlaw rifles. Doesn't make sense that #2 shot isn't legal but you can shoot one with a 300 mag if you want.  ::)

I agree 100%

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Big Guy

I Iowa we have 4 seasons.  You can get 2 tags as long as one of them is 4th season.

LaLongbeard

La is two Gobblers one a day but if things keep going like they are it's gonna be zero per season. Only positive thing about our population not a lot of out of staters coming here to hunt, which is alright with me I got my hands full with these coona$$ mouth breathers lol
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Sir-diealot

New York - 2 in the Spring must be male or bearded hen. I wish they would remove that beaded hen though, killing hens is killing the future and makes no sense to me at all. I am not sure about fall hunting to be honest, I have never done it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

huntineveryday

Nebraska is 1 male or bearded female per permit, 3 permits allowed per hunter in the spring season, which is pretty long. Archery started March 25th, youth April 11th, and shogun April 18th. Fall season runs from September through the end of January, two birds of either sex per permit, 2 permits allowed per hunter.

So you could take 7 turkeys a year over the course of about 7 months if you wanted to.

Happy hooker

some grocery stores are limiting you to 1 turkey

Howie g

Living in ms/ La area I hunt both states
Ms is 3
La is 2
IMO Ms season is to long and starts to early .
La is trying to get population back with their late starting date ,  only time will tell if it works ? I haven't noticed difference yet in my area .   Thank God for ms no Jake law ,  because with out it we wouldn't have much carry over !!