OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Question for Glenda Green Satchel Owner's

Started by SteelCityArcher, May 06, 2020, 07:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelCityArcher

Which style satchel is better for running and gunning, the standard or the minimalist?

I guess the rule of thumb might be the minimalist because it is smaller. However, is it that much of a difference from the standard?

I have never actually handled one, so I can't compare. If the standard isn't too much bigger, maybe that would be the better choice all-around?

Help me decide.  Thoughts?
"I will not tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death."

Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.
No Guns. No peace. No safety.

Greg Massey

I have the bigger one , but i like carrying a lot of stuff.. but it will depend on just how much you want to load it up ... With the bigger one you can always carry less and you can also carry more if you want .. just my opinion.

GunRunner

I have the minimalist satchel.
It fits my needs perfectly. I do not even use all of the pockets and carrying capacity it offers.
It is becoming a cherished component of my turkey hunting gear.

GunRunner
:blob10:

longbeards

I have a good friend that uses the large one and loves it! It is set up for his hunting in rainy weather and takes it when it rains,,,which in WV is about every friggin day as of late!

SteelCityArcher

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 06, 2020, 07:43:07 PM
I have the bigger one , but i like carrying a lot of stuff.. but it will depend on just how much you want to load it up ... With the bigger one you can always carry less and you can also carry more if you want .. just my opinion.

That is a great way to think about it.  So, just in conversation my wife asked me what I was thinking about and I told her I was debating which satchel to order. Her answer was the best yet! She said, "Why don't you just buy both? You can always sell one if you like one better than the other, or just keep them both!"

It took me two seconds to send an order Glenda's way. Earlier today, she let me buy a brand new John Deere X730.

I was thinking about asking her about buying the snowblower attachment for the front while she is in a good mood, but I think I better not press my luck!

Thanks for the good advice guys!

-SCA
"I will not tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death."

Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.
No Guns. No peace. No safety.

NCL

SCA,

You are on a roll, better ask for a new gun while she is in the right mood. To the question, I would echo exactly what Greg stated. I received the larger of the two satchels about a week before the season and loaded it out. I ended up not even using either of my vests during my time a field. The only downsides are obvious, in that, there is no seat, so you have to carry one in, and no way to carry a turkey out so you have to have a tote,.With that said, the positives for this satchel way exceed these two minor negatives. I was hesitant at first but now think the satchel was one of my best purchases and am thinking about selling my vests.

mossyoakpro

After just getting one of the large ones a couple weeks ago I can't understand how I went this long without one!!  I imagine the small one would have filled my needs but like the folks above said....you don't have to fill it up if you don't want to.  I put everything that I carried in my vest with the exception of a decoy which I actually did not use much anyway.  I already toted a cushion to sit on and used the cushion on my vest for back support so that's all I'm missing there so no problem.  I will most likely miss my vest on long walks out with a turkey but I can live with that....I just stuffed a ziploc and rubber band in there to put the head in to keep from getting my britches messed up with blood.

I am really loving mine so far and I don't see me going back to a vest unless I'm out west and just need to carry more stuff (lunch and snacks)  I have a brand new with tags Limb Hanger vest that may be for sale now!!  LOL

Happy Hunting!!!
Phillippians 4:13

Sixes

I have the  large size, but could someone post a pic of the smaller one especially someone that has both.

Sir-diealot

Here they are but I do not have them. I just got a bunch of her stuff in the mail today, all very good quality.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Happy hooker

I have the large,,why not get the large it's only a few ounces more,,then you have room for a big lunch or water bottle if you desire or a light foldable rain jacket if it's cloudy.

C-Train

Dang those look nice.  How do I get in contact with Glenda to order one? does she nave a website? 

Thanks!

teke59

I own both and have multiple hunts using both the large satchel and the minimalist. Some observations : The large satchel has enough room for all your gear that is including your rain gear if packable, umbrella, all your calls, hand clippers for brush, water bottle. It is quite large. The minimalist is the bag i prefer. Enough room for a morning hunt and a great way to hunt in the rain with out getting all your gear and calls wet wearing a vest. You just have to be willing to wear your rain gear as there is no room to carry it. Now the dilemma : What about a seat ? Glenda can make you a seat out of the same material as your bag with a carry strap. The bags she made me have a removable zippered liner in side in which you can use what ever type of fill you like. I prefer bean bag fill for its lightness. My 20" x 20" bags weigh nearly nothing. I carry one on my gun barrel which has a small loop for that purpose and another with the same shoulder strap as my minimalist bag. Quality inside and out and a true game changer for someone that wants to travel lite. I set on one bag and use the other for those annoying humps and bumps on the tree digging into your back !

Glenda Green

Quote from: C-Train on May 07, 2020, 04:16:18 PM
Dang those look nice.  How do I get in contact with Glenda to order one? does she nave a website? 

Thanks!
You can send an email greenscch@yahoo.com or if you are on Facebook you can find me
www.facebook.com/Glenda.green.9256028
I am approx 4 weeks behind on satchel orders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saving the life of one dog will not change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog.

C-Train

Thank you Glenda.  We emailed back and forth yesterday.  I'm excited to try this out.  to bad I didn't see them before our Turkey season. Thanks again!   

Tom007

Just think if you order both, you can set the large one up for your good weather hunts. You can set the smaller one up with rainy day equipment. Waterproof calls, extra tissues, plastic ziplocks for push buttons, boxes etc? Not a bad set up.