OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Question for Glenda Green Satchel Owner's

Started by SteelCityArcher, May 06, 2020, 07:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmart241

Will the minimalist hold 4 pots 1 box call a pair of clippers water bottle and have any room left thanks

AppalachianHollers

Do these contain an integrated box call holder, or do you have to get that separate to keep the box from squawking as you walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobbler428

Yes the minimalist will carry four pots a box call, a water bottle and clippers with room left over and yes it does have integrated box call holders but they do not keep them from squawking. I use rubber bands or velcro to keep them quite.

jmart241

Thanks gobbler428 didnt know which one to order standard or minimalist

mikejd

I can assure that no one will be disappointed with Glendas gear. Top notch and well thought out.

jmart241

Got one ordered cant wait for it to come thanks again everyone

outdoorsmen

I like my large bag, except for the striker pocket. I'd prefer it to be inside or at least on the top row of the outside.  I find that when I set the bag down the strikers get pushed up and out of their slots.

I think she would have a market if she made seats.

Greg Massey

I've carried my satchel for 3 spring seasons so far and i've never lost the first one of 6 strikers i carry on the front of the bag with all the pot calls .. i just make sure i snap the fold - over flap, before taking off with the bag.

mikejd

Quote from: outdoorsmen on May 19, 2020, 12:12:18 PM
I like my large bag, except for the striker pocket. I'd prefer it to be inside or at least on the top row of the outside.  I find that when I set the bag down the strikers get pushed up and out of their slots.

I think she would have a market if she made seats.

Flip your strikers over. Put the top down and they will never fall out.

wchadw

I haven't had problem with losing strikers but I jam the slots full and clip the top down before moving. Would be nice to have its own flap/clip for strikers

Chuck1443

I broke the elastic cord on mine, but I use her roll up and stuff it in the bag(12 strikers)

outdoorsmen

Has anyone else found it a bit of a hassle to retrieve a call while on the move?  Example, maybe making your way back to truck and you stop a few times to makes a few last calls. With you is your gun slung over your shoulder and 2 DSD decoys over your other shoulder. With a vest you can get to a pocket fairly easy to grab a call. With the bag it will be under the gun or decoys, with a flap closed and buckled and then a zipper to undue before you can reach inside to get a box call.  I find that hard to deal with.  I'm trying to work out my personal kinks with this bag, I'm really trying to mainstream it with my hunting.

NCL

Quote from: outdoorsmen on May 20, 2020, 08:32:45 AM
Has anyone else found it a bit of a hassle to retrieve a call while on the move?  Example, maybe making your way back to truck and you stop a few times to makes a few last calls. With you is your gun slung over your shoulder and 2 DSD decoys over your other shoulder. With a vest you can get to a pocket fairly easy to grab a call. With the bag it will be under the gun or decoys, with a flap closed and buckled and then a zipper to undue before you can reach inside to get a box call.  I find that hard to deal with.  I'm trying to work out my personal kinks with this bag, I'm really trying to mainstream it with my hunting.

Yes, this is true so one call stays out on the walk back to the truck. Wear an Ol Tom shirt that has the call pockets which solves this problem as that is where the call is stored.

wchadw

Quote from: NCL on May 20, 2020, 09:54:51 AM
Quote from: outdoorsmen on May 20, 2020, 08:32:45 AM
yea, i just put whatever call i'm using in my zip pocket on my pants if i'm moving or use my trumpet that hangs around my neck.  I don't change calls much when I'm moving around

Yes, this is true so one call stays out on the walk back to the truck. Wear an Ol Tom shirt that has the call pockets which solves this problem as that is where the call is stored.

troutfisher13111

I don't carry a decoy or anything other than my gun and satchel and find it very easy to get a call out if needed

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk