only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SERIOUSLY ?????????

Started by Yoder409, May 06, 2020, 08:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g8rvet

Quote from: crow on May 06, 2020, 12:37:52 PM
Quote from: dejake on May 06, 2020, 12:17:29 PM
That looks like the RC model.  Mine just has a string.  Once I reel it in, I have to put it back out.

pro tip,    always sit up hill from your decoy, after you pull it in just let it roll back down hill to the end of the string
Dang it man.  I spit my water out when I read that.  Hilarious.

I have one of these.  I mounted a go pro on the front and stream it to my iPhone.  I don't shoot the turkeys though.  I just run them over.   :newmascot:
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

bonasa

To each their own. If it's legal, have at it. I've reaped and shot birds from a blind, love it all. Times they are a changing...

We were grouse hunting walking a tote road a while back and the dog on the ground was wearing a gps collar and no bell. Another party was coming up the road with their dogs at heel, when we were asked if we had a dog I replied I run my dogs with a gps and only leave the road to work a point. "That's hardly hunting." Said the hunter to us.

When flashers hit the market we bought vexilar units for ice fishing. Seeing a glittering baitball light up your screen and Lakers seething below them was a sight to first behold as was icing 65 Lakers in a morning between two of us. Walking past the tip-up brigade and dragging our shanties we were asked how we did. When we told them and how we did it, "Kinda takes the fun right out of it." Was their reply.

Better living through technology...

camotoe

One mans version of better .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

TonyTurk

I would much rather go home empty-handed from every turkey hunt for the rest of my life, than resort to using that thing. 

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: TonyTurk on May 07, 2020, 06:02:33 PM
I would much rather go home empty-handed from every turkey hunt for the rest of my life, than resort to using that thing.
[/quote

Agree whole heartedly. Disgusting.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Happy

Look on the bright side. No one is gonna look any dumber than holding a fan in front of their face. Still it would be fun to fill with tannerite and race across a field on our hunting lease in Wv.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Marc on May 06, 2020, 12:31:46 PM
Quote from: RutnNStrutn on May 06, 2020, 10:01:24 AM
There's no shortage of suckers to buy up the latest gimmick.

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

I do not think it is for "suckers."  If I wanted to "kill" a turkey...  I'd buy one of those... 

I just seriously question the ethics of using such a decoy....  Put a DSD on that thing, and you'd fool some good hunters (myself included)...  If that thing with a DSD came rolling by me, I could see myself being fooled.

It saddens and angers me to see such a decoy hit the market...  The company making such a decoy obviously has little concern with the ethics and conservation of the sport...  And actually making turkey hunting the act of killing a bird more than a "sporting challenge."
Of course. The only thing they care about is making money, like most companies.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: silvestris on May 06, 2020, 12:37:23 PM
All decoys are created by Satan himself.
ROFL!!!
Why is it that guys like you condemn decoy use, and look down on guys who use them, or hunt out of blinds, or don't hunt exactly like you do? I use dekes, sometimes. But I haven't killed a bird over a decoy in 4 years. I'm of the philosophy that if decoy use is legal, and you want to hunt over a decoy, and kill a gobbler that way, I'll be the first guy to congratulate you. I say if it's legal, you want to do it, and it makes you happy, go for it!! :icon_thumright:

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Tail Feathers on May 06, 2020, 05:33:53 PM
I have the beta version.  My grandson wanted to dress up like a turkey to walk out and lure em in.  No batteries required.
:D

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: g8rvet on May 06, 2020, 08:20:06 PM
Quote from: crow on May 06, 2020, 12:37:52 PM
Quote from: dejake on May 06, 2020, 12:17:29 PM
That looks like the RC model.  Mine just has a string.  Once I reel it in, I have to put it back out.

pro tip,    always sit up hill from your decoy, after you pull it in just let it roll back down hill to the end of the string
Dang it man.  I spit my water out when I read that.  Hilarious.

I have one of these.  I mounted a go pro on the front and stream it to my iPhone.  I don't shoot the turkeys though.  I just run them over.   :newmascot:
:D

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Yoder409 on May 07, 2020, 01:13:10 PM
Quote from: camotoe on May 07, 2020, 08:44:32 AM
One mans version of better .

So was the Flowbee.
Man, I love this entire thread!!! I've laughed so hard reading the responses!!!

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Happy on May 07, 2020, 06:31:02 PM
Look on the bright side. No one is gonna look any dumber than holding a fan in front of their face. Still it would be fun to fill with tannerite and race across a field on our hunting lease in Wv.

Probably the best reply yet!!!

WV Flopper

That looks like a ton of FUN! Think about this... I have a field that is full of turkey a month before season. By the time season gets here they are gone? Snippers, baiters, chicken manure spreading, IDK, but they leave. How much fun would that be to set that guy out there in the field a hour before daylight and drive around in a flock of gobblers? I think that would be a blast! Bet you could get some awesome footage, might even catch a snipper.

Happy

Quote from: WV Flopper on May 08, 2020, 12:42:08 PM
That looks like a ton of FUN! Think about this... I have a field that is full of turkey a month before season. By the time season gets here they are gone? Snippers, baiters, chicken manure spreading, IDK, but they leave. How much fun would that be to set that guy out there in the field a hour before daylight and drive around in a flock of gobblers? I think that would be a blast! Bet you could get some awesome footage, might even catch a snipper.
What's a snipper? Is that a professional turkey castrator? Turns all the he turkeys into it turkeys?

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club