OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I think i have quit

Started by OLE RASPY, May 15, 2011, 11:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Be strong raspy!
You're well on your way to much better health.
Like Guesswho said, your baby girl will be thanking you.
:anim_25:

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

BOFF

Prayers continue for being tobacco free.

How's things going?

God Bless,
David B.

mossy835

If you have made up your mind you can do it. I smoked for twenty five years and quit cold turkey over fifteen years ago and yes I feel better and food tastes better also. Good luck on a hard battle.
:jesus-cross:

OLE RASPY

Quote from: BOFF on May 17, 2011, 09:23:18 AM

How's things going?

God Bless,
David B.
Thanks for asking.Its going good i guess, i still havent had any dip.Been chewing the heck out of some gum and lifesavers ;D
I am done with tobbacco.

VAHUNTER

Good things come to those who wait

BOFF

Quote from: OLE RASPY on May 17, 2011, 08:32:28 PM
Quote from: BOFF on May 17, 2011, 09:23:18 AM

How's things going?

God Bless,
David B.
Thanks for asking.Its going good i guess, i still haven't had any dip.Been chewing the heck out of some gum and lifesavers ;D
I am done with tobacco.

:wav: :happy0064: :groupwave: :icon_thumright:

God to read!!

God Bless,
David B.

woodchip

mossybird

Im glad for you! I have tried quitting dip for about a week and i just cant resist the urge :/  That ol' Cope Straight does a hurting on me. Prayers sent out for you and your trying to quit.

Kylongspur88

Keep it up man. I quit cold turkey, have fallen off the wagon and am trying to quit again. Do it once and be done with it. I hate the stuff and think it should be outlawed, and yes my family has grown tobacco for since the days of Boone; and I have have worked it myself many summers. BUT, those days are gone. People know what it does and I think it's stupid that a substance that is more addictive than heroin and potentially fatal is sold over the counter. I might be stirring the pot but if the government is worried about the taxes it would loose if tobacco was banned and the farmers are worried about lost income I know of another plant that is already generating astronomical revenue that is in my opinion far less dangerous than tobacco. ;)

OLE RASPY

just an update.Its rough.I wanted a dip  all day for some reason. I went to the store that i normally buy my dip at to get gas and when i got inside the guy at the counter ask me me how many cans i needed(he does this everytime i go in cuz hes used to me telling 3 or 4) but today i told him none and he said what i said i QUIT.He said well good but not for me though.ITS HARD GUYS BUT IM DOING THIS.

mossy835

Hang tough, when the nicotine leaves your system it will get easier (you are fighting a habit and a drug).
:jesus-cross:

gobbler74

That peer pressure can be heck... :anim_25:
Workin on 4 weeks without any snuff   
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

OLE RASPY

Quote from: gobbler74 on May 22, 2011, 06:42:21 PM
That peer pressure can be heck... :anim_25:
Workin on 4 weeks without any snuff   
good luck to you to.

ILIKEHEVI-13

We are creatures of habit or that's the saying anyway.  But a lot of that is brought on by each of us that decides to do or try something we know we shouldn't but we say ahh what the heck.  I was one of them and I dipped for 29yrs.  I had one guy that I ran around with influence me to try this stuff when I was 13.  That was my own fault, but I gave in.  We all have to make decisions in life, but we have to also learn to just say no.  I have been dip free going on almost 4yrs now I think.  Heck I have lost count.  I don't even think about it anymore even if I am hunting or fishing.  Oh the thought is there that I have it in the back of my mind that I used to do it, but the desire no longer is there to want to even do it even when doing the stuff I seemed to dip the most.  You just got to be strong and condition your brain that I will beat this bad habit.  If I can do it, so can you.