OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I think i have quit

Started by OLE RASPY, May 15, 2011, 11:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLE RASPY

Using tobbacco products.I havent had a dip of timberwolf in 7 days.Yes it is bothering me but im not gonna get any.Actually my mouth feels better than it ever has. Its hard oh so hard to do but i think i can.

guesswho

Hang in there, it'll get easier.  Just think about your little girl, by quiting you will probably have all your teeth and lips for those graduation pictures, wedding pictures ect.!  I'm sure she will be thankful.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Hognutz

Hang in there, Buddy. It can be done.. I chewed a sleeve and a half of Copenhagan a week, for ten years. I always had a chew in my lip.. I have not had a dip in over twenty years. No more raw gums..Be strong..It is not easy..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Ozark Ridge Runner

You absolutely can do it!  I quit cold turkey two years ago after 25 years and have not had any desire to go back.  If the urge hits you, go find something to do and it will pass.  Hang in there.

R AJ

Good for you .

Been there,done that. You will thank yourself both physically and economically for the rest of your life. Beware there will be withdrawals at certain times like seven days, seven months, seven years ,etc. The cost of tobacco products alone is unreal.

Three dollars for a carton of Red Man or sleave of Skoal or Cope is no more.
Even if they handed it out free I will not touch it today.

Divenut2

It gets easier. Been "clean" (Dip, Chew & Cigs) for 30 years and counting. Good days, lead to good weeks, lead to good months etc...  :anim_25:
Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

TrackeySauresRex

Congrats!  :icon_thumright: Keep up the good work. One day at a time my OG brother..
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Beretta686

You are not alone. I was dipping a can of skoal a day and stopped cold turkey two weeks ago today. There are times when my mouth will water thinking about it, but I just say a short prayer and move forward.

I have stopped before for 2 years and then got a dip while fishing and started again.

Stopping cold turkey was tough and at the same time stop drinking 1/2. Dozen diet mt dews a day. Besides being grumpy and short tempered for 3 days, I could not keep my eyes open. Lol sleep and feel a ton better now.

Good luck

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

BHhunter

Best thing I've ever done was to quit smoking 21 years ago. My wife and I both quit at the same time and after six months bought ourselves a "reward". I got a fancy Orvis fly rod, and she got a ring.
Keep at it!

Nimrodmar10

The next time you're Jones'n for a dip, take a look at this photo of Mouth Cancer. That should take away the urge.

[attachment deleted by admin]

BowBendr

Hang in there bud, you can do it.

Seeing you guys do it is giving me the strength to do it myself....cold turkey........

boyhowdy

Quote from: Nimrodmar10 on May 15, 2011, 01:12:47 PM
The next time you're Jones'n for a dip, take a look at this photo of Mouth Cancer. That should take away the urge.

gonna be hard to really make that diaphram crack with your mouth in that shape

BOFF

Keep at it OLE RASPY!! I'm proud for you!!  *High Five*

Prayers for your commitment and success!!!

God Bless,
David B.

stone road turkey calls

this past Wednesday i had my right kidney removed and the left kidney has cancer in it and it may have to be removed, from smoking i suggest you stop all tobacco use now you don't want to go out this way.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

pullit

you can do it, I did about 29 years ago. I still want some once in a great while but it passes quickly.
You can do it.