OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How cold is to cold to sleep in truck?

Started by Mossberg90MN, April 12, 2020, 10:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCL

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 12, 2020, 06:44:36 PM
Quote from: GobbleNut on April 12, 2020, 03:18:12 PM
Quote from: idgobble on April 12, 2020, 02:46:52 PM
If you have a foam pad, good sleeping bag, warm knit hat and shell on the back of the truck you'll be fine. Dress warm and take a medium size dog and have it in the sleeping bag with you.  They give off lots of heat. For extra cold nights (below zero) have two dogs.

Personally, I am a "Three Dog Night" man myself....
(Just seeing how many here will get the reference....) :)
Don't forget the bullfrog.

Jeremiah was his name

gdc23

I used to sleep in mine for deer hunting in the northeast during December, with a good sleeping bag it was never a problem. The only real concern was that you may have deer ticks on you, up around CT, NY, MA its a real problem.

brittman

If our deer camp has too many people sleeping in the cabin or there are people that snore worse than me ... I sleep in the truck.   A couple of pads stacked, a good sleeping bag to crawl into and another heavy bag pulled over the top.

Wear a warm knit hat if really cold.  Warm head, warm feet...

I have slept in the truck with temps in the teens.

Mossberg90MN

Quote from: gdc23 on April 14, 2020, 10:18:35 PM
I used to sleep in mine for deer hunting in the northeast during December, with a good sleeping bag it was never a problem. The only real concern was that you may have deer ticks on you, up around CT, NY, MA its a real problem.
Yea ticks is a thought that goes through my head for sleeping in my truck. Which is why I sprayed down my sleeping bag with permethrin, and I'm gonna change my clothes out. Luckily that permethrin starts to kill those things pretty quick. Whenever I do find them on me it seems they're dying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk