News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Missouri non res tag raised by $34. Ouch

Started by Paulmyr, April 01, 2020, 06:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dzsmith

Quote from: LaLongbeard on April 02, 2020, 08:27:52 AM
Hunting  will only continue to increase in cost. The English did the same thing, made Hunting a wealthy mans sport. It did cut down on the unwashed peasants they had to deal with....I'm looking forward to that part lol.
me to as long as it LA residents.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

bigriverbum

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on April 01, 2020, 10:27:10 PM
Could be worse. In SC this year the non-resident turkey tags went from free to $100, and they cut the bag limit FOR NON-RESIDENTS ONLY from 3 down to 2. Of course resident hunters, who greatly outnumber non-resident hunters, can still shoot 3 turkeys.
This was all done in the name of "protecting the turkey population". What a load of garbage!! If it was about protecting the turkey population, then ALL hunters would only be able to take 2 gobblers. It has NOTHING to do with protecting turkeys. It has to do with raising money for the state of SC, and discriminating against non-residents. If it wasn't for the time, money and effort I've put into my hunting property and camp, I'd find another state to hunt in.
This follows a new program 2 years ago that implemented a deer tag program that limited non-residents only to 4 bucks a year, cost non-residents an extra $110 a year, and doe tags went from $5 to $10, costing non-residents an additional $20 a year. Of course residents pay next to nothing, and can shoot more deer.
So now if you are a non-resident, and buy your 4 bucks tags, and 4 doe tags, and 2 turkey tags, in addition to your hunting license and big game permit, you're now on the hook for $435 to hunt deer and turkey. If you hunt waterfowl, bear, alligator, or on a WMA, the price keeps going up, up and up.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

ONLY four bucks a year?!?!??! oh no

bigriverbum

Quote from: Paulmyr on April 01, 2020, 09:35:14 PM
Yup the hunting is good. I'll just be going to Wisconsin this year to get my fix. alot cheaper and alot closer.  2hr drive instead of 6.

"alot" is two words. just thought i'd let you know since you say it A LOT and whine A LOT

Vaughnrp2

As a SC resident I wish they would cut it to two bucks a year.

bigriverbum

i'm sure A LOT of people here are for state's rights and i'd wholeheartedly agree

other states could also just not let non-residents hunt there if they so wished

Vaughnrp2

It's kind of funny to hear someone complain about the cost of hunting SC as a non-resident.  The cost is cheap when compared to other states.

Paulmyr

Quote from: bigriverbum on April 02, 2020, 10:16:40 PM
Yup the hunting is good. I'll just be going to Wisconsin this year to get my fix. alot cheaper and alot closer.  2hr drive instead of 6.

"alot" is two words. just thought i'd let you know since you say it A LOT and whine A LOT
Thanks for the grammer lesson. I salute you ! Mind made up. Disappointed. No more Missouri for me and I'm sure I won't be missed. Boy I hope my sentence structure is adequate for you.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Vaughnrp2 on April 02, 2020, 01:15:22 PM
Could be worse. In SC this year the non-resident turkey tags went from free to $100, and they cut the bag limit FOR NON-RESIDENTS ONLY from 3 down to 2. Of course resident hunters, who greatly outnumber non-resident hunters, can still shoot 3 turkeys.
This was all done in the name of "protecting the turkey population". What a load of garbage!! If it was about protecting the turkey population, then ALL hunters would only be able to take 2 gobblers. It has NOTHING to do with protecting turkeys. It has to do with raising money for the state of SC, and discriminating against non-residents. If it wasn't for the time, money and effort I've put into my hunting property and camp, I'd find another state to hunt in.
This follows a new program 2 years ago that implemented a deer tag program that limited non-residents only to 4 bucks a year, cost non-residents an extra $110 a year, and doe tags went from $5 to $10, costing non-residents an additional $20 a year. Of course residents pay next to nothing, and can shoot more deer.
So now if you are a non-resident, and buy your 4 bucks tags, and 4 doe tags, and 2 turkey tags, in addition to your hunting license and big game permit, you're now on the hook for $435 to hunt deer and turkey. If you hunt waterfowl, bear, alligator, or on a WMA, the price keeps going up, up and up.

If you where a SC resident would you feel the same way? Not saying you are wrong to be upset, just saying most hunters that call the state home feel this is long over due.
SC hunters, like in many states, hate non-resident hunters. I don't feel that way about the non-residents that come to Florida to kill our Osceolas and catch our fish and lobsters. I just wish they would pay their fair share like we have to do in their states.
The charter boat captains, marina and hotel owners, turkey outfitters, and other cry the blues to FWC, and non-residents can still hunt and fish on the cheap in Florida, comparatively.

bigriverbum

Quote from: Paulmyr on April 02, 2020, 10:39:28 PM

Thanks for the grammer lesson. I salute you ! Mind made up. Disappointed. No more Missouri for me and I'm sure I won't be missed. Boy I hope my sentence structure is adequate for you.

we wouldn't miss you in wisconsin either

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: bigriverbum on April 02, 2020, 10:07:27 PM

ONLY four bucks a year?!?!??! oh no
LOL!!! Wise guy. You obviously know nothing about hunting in SC, the history of hunting in SC, or how I hunt.
Historically in SC there was no size or bag limit on bucks. Residents and non-residents alike shot the heck out of them. Not anymore, which is a good thing.
I don't shoot small bucks, so I fill my freezer with does, and a decent to good buck or 3 a year. My wife and I eat venison year round, and give away a lot to the kids.
The point of my original comment was that SCDNR reacts to the residents dislike of non-residents, and enacts new rules supposedly to help the bucks, or turkeys, but instead all they're doing is gouging the non-residents, while letting residents shoot more game. That is BS.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Vaughnrp2 on April 02, 2020, 10:19:24 PM
As a SC resident I wish they would cut it to two bucks a year.
I wish they would as well, and I'm a non-resident. I like Georgia's 2 restricted bucks and 10 doe bag limit. You fill your freezer with does, and let the bucks grow in number and size.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Vaughnrp2 on April 02, 2020, 10:26:46 PM
It's kind of funny to hear someone complain about the cost of hunting SC as a non-resident.  The cost is cheap when compared to other states.
I disagree. I've hunted in 13 states so far. As I stated in my original post, I pay $435 a year for my licenses and tags. And I don't even hunt ducks, bear, alligators nor do I fish there, and I don't hunt on WMA's. Couldn't afford to if I wanted to.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: bigriverbum on April 02, 2020, 10:20:36 PM
i'm sure A LOT of people here are for state's rights and i'd wholeheartedly agree

other states could also just not let non-residents hunt there if they so wished
Yes they could. But states bring in big money off of non-resident hunters and fishermen. Not only they're licenses and tags, but also leases, charters, shopping, lodging, tourism while in state, etc. States aren't going to turn away that kind of money.

Paulmyr

Quote from: bigriverbum on April 02, 2020, 10:48:08 PM
Quote from: Paulmyr on April 02, 2020, 10:39:28 PM

we wouldn't miss you in wisconsin either
I'm sure you wouldn't.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Vaughnrp2

You are correct it is no long cheap but it isn't what I would call overly expensive either. Hell for years SC gave those tags away for free which I never understood.