Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

HUNTING AND FISHING SEASONS STILL ON WITH COVID19?

Started by mookyj, March 31, 2020, 11:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quavers59

I am seeing an increased amount of hikers + bikers out lately. I hunt New York on 5/1 soon after the New Jersey opener.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: quavers59 on April 01, 2020, 09:28:17 PM
I am seeing an increased amount of hikers + bikers out lately. I hunt New York on 5/1 soon after the New Jersey opener.
Seeing that here too, people are already sick of being locked in their homes.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

deerbasshunter3

I shot a bird on private land on opening day (March 22) here in SC. Last I checked (last night) WMAs are still open as normal and hunting/fishing seasons are still good to go. Of course, as we all know, that could change at the flip of a switch...

Tail Feathers

Pandemic shut downs blew all my travel plans but I can fish and I will hunt locally. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

hotspur

Quote from: LaLongbeard on April 01, 2020, 08:59:55 PM
Quote from: hotspur on April 01, 2020, 08:17:56 PM
Louisiana just closed its waterways because ppeople are still gathering in big crowds to party at local ' prop shops ' . now responsible people can'tget away to fish or if you hunt waterways,.  Things are cchanging fast ,

We're did you hear this? I just checked the LDWF site nothing about a closer, it did say NOT to believe rumors. Why would they close the waterways when they could close the "prop shops"? LDWF site specifically says woods and water are open just don't gang up.
looks like Livingston parish is considering,

LaLongbeard

Quote from: hotspur on April 02, 2020, 06:17:42 AM
Louisiana just closed its waterways because ppeople are still gathering in big crowds to party at local ' prop shops ' . now responsible people can'tget away to fish or if you hunt waterways,.  Things are cchanging fast ,

We're did you hear this? I just checked the LDWF site nothing about a closer, it did say NOT to believe rumors. Why would they close the waterways when they could close the "prop shops"? LDWF site specifically says woods and water are open just don't gang up.

One Parish considering closing something and saying the whole state has closed something is a little different? There's enough miss information going on now about the virus itself without adding too the confusion.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

hotspur

Quote from: LaLongbeard on April 02, 2020, 07:22:32 AM

We're did you hear this? I just checked the LDWF site nothing about a closer, it did say NOT to believe rumors. Why would they close the waterways when they could close the "prop shops"? LDWF site specifically says woods and water are open just don't gang up.  Was what I heard, was a heads up to check yourself, the president warnsus about fake news, calm down ,slick your feathers down, iI'm not going to make your mind d up for you, its to check for yourself a d make your own conclusion

One Parish considering closing something and saying the whole state has closed something is a little different? There's enough miss information going on now about the virus itself without adding too the confusion.

LaLongbeard

Quote from: hotspur on April 02, 2020, 08:27:41 AM
Quote from: LaLongbeard on April 02, 2020, 07:22:32 AM

We're did you hear this? I just checked the LDWF site nothing about a closer, it did say NOT to believe rumors. Why would they close the waterways when they could close the "prop shops"? LDWF site specifically says woods and water are open just don't gang up.  Was what I heard, was a heads up to check yourself, the president warnsus about fake news, calm down ,slick your feathers down, iI'm not going to make your mind d up for you, its to check for yourself a d make your own conclusion

How bout taking another run at that? You have mixed all the quotes together and it makes zero sense. Or maybe that was the point?

LaLongbeard

Quote from: hotspur on April 02, 2020, 08:33:43 AM
Well I'm good with,
So your good adding your nonsense to my quote making the whole thing unintelligible? That explains why you don't know the difference between La closed, someone's considering it, and we'll i thought I heard lol. Louisiana public schools.....what can you say, they tried.

hotspur

I looked it up for you , you read it stop crying :blob10:

LaLongbeard

Quote from: hotspur on April 02, 2020, 10:06:44 AM
I looked it up for you , you read it stop crying :blob10:
Look up what? You made the whole thing up it's not true

hotspur

kyturkeyhunter4

Ours comes here in Kentucky on April 18 I can't wait

LaLongbeard

Update: I made the whole thing up so I could be included in the thread. I don't read  good so don't really understand what is being said? Louisiana has not closed or mentioned closing anything outdoors please excuse my stupidity!

There it is, thanks