turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Another would you?

Started by 2eagles, March 28, 2020, 08:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

You have two tags and 3 weeks to hunt. Second day of the season you have two toms come in and you shoot one. The other starts attacking the dead bird and it's legal to shoot 2 birds a day. Do you end the season quickly and shoot them both? Or be happy you got one and you get to hunt another day. I don't know what I would do.?

guesswho

Nope, not me.  I won't even double with people.  One hunt, one bird.   Wouldn't do it on the first day or the last.  But fully understand why some people do. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

tomstopper

If it's legal and a gobbler then it's a yes for me. Spend the rest of the time and hunt a different state if possible or find a youth and take them

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

Happy with one. Save my other tag to keep hunting. If I dont get another opportunity I am more willing to burn that tag.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

tlh2865

With my primary hunting ground being 60 acres of family farm with only a few birds around per year, Id give #2 a pass for next year.

GunRunner

100% agreement with Spitten and Drummen.

I would be proud to harvest that one bird, turn the territory over to the next Gobbler in line, and find a new area to hunt for the rest of the season.

GunRunner

Tetelestai

Not me. For me,  The kill is not the most enjoyable part of the hunt. Don't get me wrong, I love to give one a dirt nap; but wouldn't want to shorten my time in the woods as long as they are gobbling good.

Tail Feathers

In that scenario I would let it walk. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Gooserbat

I have, honestly it's cool the first time or two but then you realize you cut your season short.  Here in Oklahoma we have a three bird limit.  I've tagged out in two days before.  It makes for a long time of not hunting.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Tetelestai

I'm with Gooserbat, although, if the crappie are biting, I can find a way to occupy my time.

Greg Massey

Agree , one gobbler day. I like the calling, hunting and playing the game with them.

fallhnt

Get er done

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

dzsmith

if its legal then yes. its not legal in my home state, and every time I hunt a state where it is legal it never works out that way.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

owlhoot

Killing a bird on Monday opener in Missouri sure makes a long time waiting for the next one.
Other states where you can kill 2 , only if i couldn't go again the next day or later.

a_jabbo

If it were legal in my state, I'd double up. I say that, because I know my season wouldn't exactly be over. I have plenty of buddies I could go with to keep me in the woods.