Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My latest turkey slayer!! (patterning pics added)

Started by RutnNStrutn, March 21, 2020, 01:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Added a new (to me) turkey slayer to my arsenal. :icon_thumright: Next time I go hiking up a mountain after gobblers with Hayudog, instead of toting my heavy 12 gauge land cannon, I'll be carrying this lightweight shooter!! :icon_thumright: :fud: :turkey:
I bought a used single shot H & R Topper in 20 gauge. I had the barrel cut down to 22 inches, and tapped to take a choke. Then I had the barrel drilled and tapped for a scope rail. Next I replaced the old wood stock with an AR style stock. I topped it off with an Indian Creek choke with .562 constriction and a Trijicon dual illumination (tritium and fiber optic) RMR green dot scope.
I'll be shooting Apex TSS Small Town Hunting Blend #7.5/#9's through it, and I'm super excited to get out to the range and see what she can do!! :turkey2:
Here she is.....

ChiefBubba

Rut that's pretty dam cool. Bubba

camotoe

Can't beat that . Congrats   .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBR12

Yeah that will beat the heck out of an old heavy twelve up and down the mountains.

Greg Massey

Fine looking turkey gun , congrats on the new rig .

tomstopper

Nice.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Cut N Run

Looks lethal.  Knock 'em out this season!

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Rzrbac

That's a slick looking set up. If I should ever abandon my 12 that looks like a fine option.

g8rvet

Very inventive!   Can't wait to see it leaning next to a Tom.  Got a feeling, you will get the yellow shell fever and reach for that on many a trip.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Kytomgetter

That's sweet. Should be a shooter. Post pics of the patterns when you shoot it

wvmntnhick

Good deal brother. Let us know how she does. I'd like to have your thoughts on that optic. Feel free to pm me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

That baby ought to be a stone cold turkey killer, like the guy totin' it. :character0029:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Mossberg90MN

Nice! Looks good! TSS all the way!

Marc

Nice set-up...  Easy to pack and carry...  Better NOT miss!
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.