OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My latest turkey slayer!! (patterning pics added)

Started by RutnNStrutn, March 21, 2020, 01:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SOCOM304

Awesome rig for sure. You will love totin a 20!! Have a great and safe season.

Tom007

:turkey2: their shaking in their boots. Good luck..

Happy hooker

Curious,,did you ever get a weight on the gun after finished

NCL

bobk

That is a neat and unique build. Appears that it was very well done.

longbeards

Nice! Have you patterned it yet?

paboxcall

Sweet - like to see the patterns!
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: wvmntnhick on March 21, 2020, 09:29:39 PM
Good deal brother. Let us know how she does. I'd like to have your thoughts on that optic. Feel free to pm me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the same sight on my 12 gauge. It's a bit pricey, but you can find deals on Amazon, Optics Planet or eBay. It's a rugged and reliable sight, which is why I bought it. It replaced a TruGlo green Dot that didn't hold its zero, and cost me one bird and almost another.
Now I don't have to worry about it. The dual Illumination is awesome, and you never have to worry about batteries - EVER. At first I was a bit hesitant due to the price, but as a friend pointed out, you only have to buy it once in your lifetime. Now that I've found places to get it cheaper, they're not that much more expensive than buying a higher end red dot sight like a Vortex, Leupold or a Burris Fast Fire.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

Haven't patterned it yet, but hope to this week.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Happy hooker on March 22, 2020, 07:21:39 AM
Curious,,did you ever get a weight on the gun after finished
Just weighed it. 4 pounds, 12 ounces on the turkey scale.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Marc on March 21, 2020, 10:13:26 PM
Nice set-up...  Easy to pack and carry...  Better NOT miss!
Marc, only one time ever have I had to shoot a gobbler more than once. It's normally one shot, one kill.

RutnNStrutn

Patterned the new slayer today......BUT, the range I was a guest at limits scatterguns to a 25 yard and 40 yard "plinking" range. Plus, the wind was howling and kept blowing our targets over. Still, the gun performed well, and hammered the target at 25 yards, and did well at 40 yards. I'm going to wait to pattern in more controlled conditions, and take pictures of the results when I go to my club in SC. Overall though, I am satisfied for the first round of testing. :icon_thumright:

wvmntnhick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelmo1

Tom007

Can't wait to see the final results..... :turkey2: