OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning BPS 20 Gauge,22"

Started by RED NECK, March 21, 2020, 01:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

So today was productive I learned vortex cs is as good as it gets and that I am not going to trust the new one that I will receive as a replacement so I am just going to sell it for a little bit less than I paid and recoup most of my money.

I also was tinkering a bit and mounted a Bushnell trophy xlt I have in realtree camo with the circle plex and I am pretty fond of how It fits,feels and I plan on setting this gun up with the same scope in black,It just is not here as its with my other guns at my camp.I already know It shoots bead poa so I am going to dial it in with scope,hunt with it this season and decide on whether to have it dipped or keep it natural.

I believe my foray into anymore red dots is over,I will deal with what I have already and make them work but from here on out,it is bead,fiber optic or a scope.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

I was up at 4am and went and did a little scouting,listened to some birds.I stopped and grabbed my scope and plan on mounting it later today.I have two other red dots on the way and then the replacement for the venom,they all should be here by Wednesday.I am going for a final test/pattern session Wednesday evening after dinner.I am ready,all my guns are ready and our season opens this Saturday morning.

RED NECK

I sure am glad I was bored this morning and clicked on a link to a store I recently purchased a choke from as the item I wanted was back in stock,I purchased two of them.I will be adding these instead of shooting with a scope.

Truglo Tru•Point™ Xtreme Universal Shotgun Sights

I have used the cheaper plastic tru bead on numerous guns for years but wanted the metal versions for a few guns,one for this and one for my Rem 870 20 gauge.

RED NECK

I only ordered one new call for this year,I deal with a few custom call makers up here.I have a few from Gobblestalker but I really like dealing with Big Creek Calls,I know he is a fellow member on here and just a great guy to deal with so I tend to get him to build my calls the majority of the time.I seen he had done one like this and I had to have it,It sounds better than It looks.Thanks again.Slate over glass,

RED NECK

I have kind of soured on vortex customer service,well their communication anyway.I sent mine back with a tracking number yesterday at 10am and was told to email them the number I did,I received an email at 5pm stating it was looked after.I just want a straight answer on when I will be getting the replacement and/or a tracking number and my questions answered like a man and a bit more professional manner.I would not leave any customer hanging like that,I would flat out tell them what I knew,ether way,good or bad.I assume he is towing the company line and being hush hush for some reason.

Either way first and last foray for me into Vortex optics,I wouldn't trust that crap ever again.

RED NECK

I had recently stumbled upon a barely used weaver reflex sight(vortex venom-nikon spur type) for a good deal and I bought it for one of my 20 gauges.I just mounted it on the bps as it arrived 20 minutes ago.The red dot on this went down on this screen so It obviously was not the mount as the issues on the venom,I knew it was a lemon as soon as it tried it but I wanted to prove myself wrong.

RED NECK

I got a response and tracking number but I was told this was to be looked after Monday morning at 9am and here we are Tuesday afternoon at 3pm and the item has yet to ship and they shipped it Canada post instead of overnight courier.I am kind of hit or miss with them,I am happy they are standing up and honoring their warranty but two days have passed since the start of the work week,They could have shipped it courier overnight and I would have it this week to decide on if I would use it.I now 110% know I will be selling it and not looking back.

I give their cs a 10-10 but I would say they lack communication and if you give a time frame,meet it.They definitely deserve to be looked at if interested in an optic.I am easily turned off items if I get a bad one,It happens.I hold no grudge but I wont buy another.

RED NECK

They have reimbursed me shipping costs and apologized for the little delay,I honestly cant be upset at all,they have been excellent to deal with on a service side of things with what is going on in the "real" world.

I've been on both ends of the customer service routine thousands of times in the last 20 years and they are tough to beat....imo.   

RED NECK

I just put 2 tss 7"s and 2 hevi 6's in my coat pocket and plan on taking the bps in the morning.I have had it in woods only one other day.I was told that from 300 yards the barrel was like a mirror as I was walking out after our hunt.It was the push I needed to have it dipped after season.I will be going with bottomland or break up,I like the break up camo pattern better but I am undecided as I realize it makes no difference.The gun shoots and handles very well.

RED NECK

I'm going to take the gun apart and send it in for camo dipping later in the week and I think I am settled on bottomland as the pattern.I have been back and forth over keeping it in original stock finish or sending it in and getting it camo'd and If it was a blued barrel instead of gloss I think I would keep it original.

Seeing as I plan on using it for turkey hunting and couldn't care any less about sentimental value or monetary value of it after I hunt with it that it will be better suited in a camo finish.He only has a select few Mossy oak patterns and then some others,no realtree patterns.I do like the tree bark camo pattern he offers as well as the bottomland.

I am probably going to shoot some grouse,ducks and geese with it as well in the next few years.

RED NECK

He is doing a reno and adding equipment to his garage so I will be sending gun out first week of July,two week turnaround so I will have it back in latter part of July.

RED NECK

I am slowly getting around to getting this ready to ship next week to have it dipped, I am just waiting on a couple sets of scope rings that I am sending with it, along with a scope to have dipped. I will be going with Mossy oak Bottomland(New).

RED NECK

I'm going to ship this via Fedex early next week,I'm in the middle of buying a warbird protective guard as I may purchase another vortex venom when I get gun back from dipper. If I don't do it now Ill never send it in and I have lots of time before season.

RED NECK

This gun is shipping out to me Monday,It is complete, Mossy oak "new" bottomland finish, I also sent a Bushnell trophy 1.75-4x32 with circle x reticle, two sets of rings and two bases.

RED NECK

Here is a picture that I took with my cell phone off my computer from the shop that dipped my guns,they shipped back Tuesday so It shows I will have them by the 6th of April, the bps is the middle gun.The picture makes them look darker but they look great! I will be sending him another handful in the next few months after season as I have  an 1187 youth in black,a Winchester 1300 in black and a rem 870 20 ga youth that Ill be getting done.